Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, and DHS is in definite need of tamer rides. There are no spinners, no flat rides, no boat rides, though I haven’t been there since Toy Story Land opened so maybe Alien Swirling Saucers fits, at least as much as Midway Mania does.

This should help immensely, but a Star Wars spinner and a tame dark ride somewhere (Monsters Inc? Incredibles? Inside Out? Tangled? Duck Tales?) would make this a really good park.
Saucers is definitely a flat spinner.

I’m hoping the twists aren’t too tight as well. Pop has fractures in his back and can’t ride Toy Story Midway Mania because of the spins. But he could ride the Great Movie because no jerky motions. If they really wanted to push technology, they could have where one car is very tame and the rest have the spins and turns. Then even more people could enjoy it. Thrills for those who want, And easygoing for those who need it.

It's been a few years but I'm pretty sure SeaWorld offers this with the Antarctica/Penguin trackless ride! Definitely a great use of technology available to tailor the ride to the rider.

It's been a few years but I'm pretty sure SeaWorld offers this with the Antarctica/Penguin trackless ride! Definitely a great use of technology available to tailor the ride to the rider.
Yep they offer a choice between wild and mild. Although they really use wild loosely there, as it’s pretty tame. Great concept though.

Maybe this is old news, I saw on Facebook someone got a pin code showcasing the runaway railway with the slogan “it’s a great time to run away to Walt Disney World resort”, with dates starting 03/29. I don’t know if they’re just being cute or actually planning on having it open by then. Hopefully the latter!

Maybe this is old news, I saw on Facebook someone got a pin code showcasing the runaway railway with the slogan “it’s a great time to run away to Walt Disney World resort”, with dates starting 03/29. I don’t know if they’re just being cute or actually planning on having it open by then. Hopefully the latter!

That's just a 20% off offer for rooms or something like that

That's just a 20% off offer for rooms or something like that

Max of 30% I think.

I know it’s just a regular pin and nothing official, but since it’s a play on the ride’s name and they’re advertising it along with it I thought I would share so we could all speculate :).

I received the email and in the top corner it does say

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
scheduled to open spring 2020

I have a question for anyone who received these unique codes before. Can I use the code twice? Like two trips in the date frame given or more likely a split stay?

Starting to think about DHS Fast Pass selection for our March trip.....

Do you think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will offer Fast Passes?

If so, it's a safe bet it will be Tier 1, right? Do you think anything will move down from Tier 1 to Tier 2?

I doubt that it will have FP at opening based on recent ride openings at HS.
EVeryone is hoping they will change the Tier 1 rides, but no idea when that will happen.

Yay! It will be open when we visit next, in April!
I hope they make some changes in the ride tiers when this gets going. Right now it sucks that the only tier 2 ride is Star Tours.

Was just listening to prep to go podcast and she got a preview of the beginning of the ride and she was amazed. She didn't give any spoilers but said it's not what u think it is. So its definitely opening up real soon.

For mickeys runaway railway, what are thoughts on whether this attraction will be virtual queue or fast pass + ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter