How much do you pay for parking at HS?

Interesting change to the title of the thread.

I am familiar with Einsteins E = mc^2, but am curious what E=MC3 means.

Would you like to give us a physics lesson?
Kinetic Energy = Mass x Speed of light x 3

I don't know what that theory would be as it wasn't taught in any science course I took, but that's what the equation would be in relation to the variables of the normal taught E=MC^2. That's my interpretation anyways.

So the sophomore is "falling" to freshman?

The actual expression is "rising" sophomore at the end of their sophomore year since they are "rising" to the next higher grade level.
:confused3 No. That would be a demoted student, a situation of which I've never heard.
Failing sophomore = sophomore the entire 2018-2019 school year, then again a sophomore the entire 2019-2020 school year.
Failing student = student not being promoted.

Kinetic Energy = Mass x Speed of light x 3

I don't know what that theory would be as it wasn't taught in any science course I took, but that's what the equation would be in relation to the variables of the normal taught E=MC^2. That's my interpretation anyways.
Oh, I know what it stands for :goodvibes

I am just CHUCKling at the various attempts to be "wrong." Seems to be the pattern, for example the insistence on calling a classic Mexican food "Sofa Pillows." As someone said on another thread, someone is trying way too hard. Again.:jumping1:

Maybe their student is failing/falling quantum physics. The teacher brought them down to the particle accelerator and they didn't know how to operate the machine. They probably pushed the wrong button and too many gamma rays were produced.

And that is how you get a Hulk.

L

I think a sophomore who needs to repeat sophomore year. They'll be the same age as most of the juniore, nut now graduating a year (or more, I graduated with a 21 year old) late.

21 and in high school!?!? - I can't even imagine that. 13 year olds going to high school with 21 year olds, wouldn't be to happy about that! In Sept my 19 year old will be in her 3rd year of college (and she did not skip a grade or anything!), can't even imagine her still in high school at 19!

21 and in high school!?!? - I can't even imagine that. 13 year olds going to high school with 21 year olds, wouldn't be to happy about that! In Sept my 19 year old will be in her 3rd year of college (and she did not skip a grade or anything!), can't even imagine her still in high school at 19!
I feel like 13 is 7th/8th grade for most I'm not sure you'd run into many 13yr olds in 9th grade. My birthday is in May and I turned 14 at the end of my 8th grade year and I was one of the young ones.

*note I said most.

It is a shame some grumpy people from West Islip and her 13 friends in her sad lonely circle cannot catch sarcasm for what it is. We found yesterday that falling sophomores cannot apply for a parking pass until the middle of July. The falling juniors will get to apply for their passes next week.

If they are rising whatever at the beginning of the year, it stands to reason they would be FALLING, not failing, at the end of the year. Quid Erat Demonstratum

It wasn't very much when I was I high school (80's), but I didn't want to pay for the privilege of parking in the needed pavement work parking lot lol.

I parked in the nearby neighborhood so I could easily walk off campus.

I think it was 50 when my DD was in school but she didn't have a license or a car and she would have had to spend her own money for that want

I was told some schools use the money to fund a resource officer or nurse, but no explanation on why the falling sophomores and falling juniors have been hit with such a rate hike. There are no plans to resurface the lots this year. There are over 600 falling juniors this year, but according to the letter, falling juniors '... who are full-time Dual enrolled or otherwise off-campus all day will not be permitted to purchase a pass.'

I feel like 13 is 7th/8th grade for most I'm not sure you'd run into many 13yr olds in 9th grade. My birthday is in May and I turned 14 at the end of my 8th grade year and I was one of the young ones.

*note I said most.
Yes it depends on the State- NY you have to be 5 on Dec 1st to start kindergarten so all the kids born in Sept, Oct, Nov are all 4 years old when they start kindergarten and in high school at 13 and graduate at 17.

If they are rising whatever at the beginning of the year, it stands to reason they would be FALLING, not failing, at the end of the year. Quid Erat Demonstratum

I don't think anybody besides you uses it that way. There are rising sophomores. And there are sophomores. There are no falling sophomores.

I'm reminded of Mean Girls "Stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen!" (It became clear in this thread that it was not a common word usage, and you weren't being understood, even if you thought it "stands to reason." Yet you continued to use it over and over without explanation.)

I don't think anybody besides you uses it that way. There are rising sophomores. And there are sophomores. There are no falling sophomores.

All of my friends use it. Just because we say Coke and not Pop or Soda, doesn't mean it not a thing. What I call a milkshake, people in MA call a Frappe. It cracks me up to no end someone gets all worked up about word usage. My father gave me his gift of making up words and I continue to honour his legacy doing the same.

In my neck of the woods, there are falling sophomores until they start year 12 and falling juniors until they start year 13.

And guess what, some people in this thread have never heard of HS kids being charged to park at school. In my neck of the woods, that is very much a thing.

The brother of a girl I knew growing up was held back for failure several times through school. His parents insisted that he stay in school and keep trying to graduate. They finally relented and allowed him to drop out at age 25.

All of my friends use it. Just because we say Coke and not Pop or Soda, doesn't mean it not a thing. What I call a milkshake, people in MA call a Frappe. It cracks me up to no end someone gets all worked up about word usage. My father gave me his gift of making up words and I continue to honour his legacy doing the same.

In my neck of the woods, there are falling sophomores until they start year 12 and falling juniors until they start year 13.

And guess what, some people in this thread have never heard of HS kids being charged to park at school. In my neck of the woods, that is very much a thing.
So you made up a term and all of your friends now use it? One of my kids accidentally coined the phrase handy down instead of hand me down, because she thought that was the right phrase, since hand me downs can be pretty handy. This same child thought the term thumb toe was really a thing until I finally told her the truth while she was filling out a medical form at the podiatrist at the age of 17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter