Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Ahhh poo poo on those people trying to tell you that you shouldn't go on the trip. You both are the only ones who know your financial situation, know that everything was already paid for, and honestly, what better time to go to the happiest place on Earth than when life's got you down, right?
I have heard of that Precheck thing a few times, sounds pretty convenient.
Wow, smooth travel days! That's great! Trust me, you learn to appreciate the smooth ones after my last one. :rotfl:
That's so great that Disney did right by you and extended your APs. Some day I'd like to have an AP! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You guys look so happy on departure day! And I don't blame you one bit for taking this trip. I don't know Mark personally, but I can only imagine how terrible and disruptive it is to lose your job after so many years. That happened to my dad many years ago and it is horrible for your self esteem. It's not something you just shake off and move on.

I'm glad he got to ump more. I'm sure that's something he loves. Nick really enjoys ref'ing soccer and he knows that's a great way to put cash in his pocket. Doing that kind of work is not easy so more props to anyone who continues to do it.

Love the picture of the flags in the airport.

OK - its early - now I forget what else was I was going to say. I'm sure it was something profound! :rotfl2:

Nice rental car!

Oh yeah - YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY for getting an additional month on your AP. Seriously SCORE! I'm not sure what went wrong on your prior trip but good for you for reporting it!

I am so glad you guys took the trip! As you and others have said, it is Bo ones decision but you and Mark. It was paid for and Mark was getting ump jobs so you went. I'm sure it was great for both of you to get away!

Yay for pre-boarding! I've only gotten it once, but was so happy I did since it was in Vegas on a busy morning. You both do look so happy on the plane, knowing what was to come.

It's great that Disney extended your AP so it could be used this trip. I remember the issues you had that previous trip, so it's good that they stepped up to try to compensate you in some way for it.

Hi Kathy. I’ve read your previous trip reports and I am REALLY looking forward to this one. Great intro, and as far as going to Disney with Mark’s job situation, why not?…..Mark’s Dory tshirt says it all “Just Keep Swimming”.

(Oh, you want to know why I’m looking forward to this trip report? I was at Disney World for a short trip, Sept. 22 - 26, and I saw you at MK…..twice. On Tuesday I saw you with Tim and family in front of Carousel of Progress, then again on Friday when you and Mark were at the podium of the Plaza Restaurant. It was just kind of weird that I know you guys by name, and you have no idea who I am! So, I didn’t barge in on you guys.)

**It’s been a long time since I’ve logged into the DIS, my email account was inactivated, and I don’t remember my password, so I started new.**

First, I could not agree more with needing this trip. Sometimes it's at the worst times (and losing a job definitely qualifies) that you NEED a Disney vacation more than ever. So glad you did this!!!! There is absolutely no need to justify that to anyone!

And hey, if you're going to do it, do it it style with a limo! :thumbsup2

Incidentally, you two are freaking adorable. Just sayin'.

Best Cast Member ever???? You better believe I'm loving the sound of that! I can't wait to hear about it. :hyper:

You two always bring a smile to my day! So sorry to hear about Mark's job but happy you decided to go to Disney after all! Great start to your trip - Starbucks and well .....more Starbucks :rotfl2:

You are very kind, thank you. It ended up being the best thing for him as he was very stressed the last two years at work and I was worried about him. I do love my Starbucks.:)

Starbucks? They should get you on their payroll.

I keep telling Mark he should work there and then I could get a discount all the time. :)

I never heard about the TSA pre-check until we took this trip. Huh, who knew?

You had never heard of it? Who got it? You or Mel?

Glad Disney did something to try to make up for your last trip. Extending your APs was a class move.

I truly believe they went above and beyond with that one and certainly made our lives a little easier after the job.

We drove by DTD and it is an absolute mess. Saw the parking garage too.

There are walls everywhere at DTD. Wait, there are walls everywhere all over Disney. I couldn't believe the walls at AK.

Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Look at you on top of your game and being up to date. :rotfl:

Ahhh poo poo on those people trying to tell you that you shouldn't go on the trip. You both are the only ones who know your financial situation, know that everything was already paid for, and honestly, what better time to go to the happiest place on Earth than when life's got you down, right?

Exactly, Wendy! Sure we have a few bills like most people, but we aren't on the street!

I have heard of that Precheck thing a few times, sounds pretty convenient.
Wow, smooth travel days! That's great! Trust me, you learn to appreciate the smooth ones after my last one. :rotfl:

After your last experience, they should give you Precheck every single trip!

That's so great that Disney did right by you and extended your APs. Some day I'd like to have an AP! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I may end up buying a new one next year...it depends on if I sneak down for a few days with Todd and Nicki in May, and then if Mark and I go with them for Food & Wine and if Mary decides to do a girls trip in 2016.

You guys look so happy on departure day! And I don't blame you one bit for taking this trip. I don't know Mark personally, but I can only imagine how terrible and disruptive it is to lose your job after so many years. That happened to my dad many years ago and it is horrible for your self esteem. It's not something you just shake off and move on.

Thanks; I saw what it did to his ego. But I also saw what a hard worker he is by doing his Florida trips with him the last couple of years. And I know his bosses. Enough said!

I'm glad he got to ump more. I'm sure that's something he loves. Nick really enjoys ref'ing soccer and he knows that's a great way to put cash in his pocket. Doing that kind of work is not easy so more props to anyone who continues to do it.

Good for Nick. It does put money in the pocket for extra spending money. Mark has been doing this since Markie went into high school so a lot of years! He enjoys it, but there are those days when he wants to strangle a coach or a parent. Instead, he just throws them out of the game.

Love the picture of the flags in the airport.

Thank you; I do like United and American's terminals at O'Hare.

OK - its early - now I forget what else was I was going to say. I'm sure it was something profound! :rotfl2:

I'ms ure it was too.

Nice rental car!

It was nice and roomy. Mark liked it; but our neighbor as long as we live by him will never let us by an American car.

Oh yeah - YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY for getting an additional month on your AP. Seriously SCORE! I'm not sure what went wrong on your prior trip but good for you for reporting it!

It was a bunch of little things and a run in with a CM. Disney went way above and beyond on that.

I am so glad you guys took the trip! As you and others have said, it is Bo ones decision but you and Mark. It was paid for and Mark was getting ump jobs so you went. I'm sure it was great for both of you to get away!

It really was a much needed vacation for us.

Yay for pre-boarding! I've only gotten it once, but was so happy I did since it was in Vegas on a busy morning. You both do look so happy on the plane, knowing what was to come.

Isn't it great? I love it (and I got it for today too!).

It's great that Disney extended your AP so it could be used this trip. I remember the issues you had that previous trip, so it's good that they stepped up to try to compensate you in some way for it.

It was very, very kind of them.

Hi Kathy. I’ve read your previous trip reports and I am REALLY looking forward to this one. Great intro, and as far as going to Disney with Mark’s job situation, why not?…..Mark’s Dory tshirt says it all “Just Keep Swimming”.

:welcome::welcome: It was the perfect shirt to start the trip!

(Oh, you want to know why I’m looking forward to this trip report? I was at Disney World for a short trip, Sept. 22 - 26, and I saw you at MK…..twice. On Tuesday I saw you with Tim and family in front of Carousel of Progress, then again on Friday when you and Mark were at the podium of the Plaza Restaurant. It was just kind of weird that I know you guys by name, and you have no idea who I am! So, I didn’t barge in on you guys.)

You should have said hello. I would have loved to have met you. We met a DISer in the line at Winnie-the-Pooh and another while waiting to meet Gaston. Neither one of them had ever posted on my TR's, just read. And it was delightful meeting them. IF we are ever there again at the same time, please say hello if you see me.

**It’s been a long time since I’ve logged into the DIS, my email account was inactivated, and I don’t remember my password, so I started new.**

I'm glad you are back!

First, I could not agree more with needing this trip. Sometimes it's at the worst times (and losing a job definitely qualifies) that you NEED a Disney vacation more than ever. So glad you did this!!!! There is absolutely no need to justify that to anyone!

Thanks, Rob. I appreciate that.

And hey, if you're going to do it, do it it style with a limo! :thumbsup2

The limo actually ends up being cheaper than a cab and definitely cheaper than driving and parking our car at the airport for 16 days. :scared1:

Incidentally, you two are freaking adorable. Just sayin'.

Awwww...now I'm :blush: Thank you.

Best Cast Member ever???? You better believe I'm loving the sound of that! I can't wait to hear about it. :hyper:

He really was and I can't wait to tell you about him.

Despite everything, I'm glad ya'll went on your vacation anyways! I know I DEFINITELY shouldn't have gone in August (though that wasn't really apparently until after....I did all the budgetting prior to :teacher: , and then with them putting the replacement bartender in due to me leaving we got cut hours & cut tips and it sucked) BUT it was well needed!!

Ah! O'hare! We fly through there regularly...okay...maybe like half the time lol!

Damn people and being late! I get it if you're rushing from another plane, but at least BE RUSHING then! Also boarding planes....people need to learn how to do that better, it shouldn't take that long! Lol.

How nice of Disney to extend your AP's an extra month! That's awesome!!

Ooo! Split stay! Yay!

Why do people think you need to cancel a trip just because you don't have a job (see my life update)? Once Mark starts his new job he may not have as many vacation days so you gotta take em when ya can right?! And what better place to clear your head than the Happiest Place(s) on earth?

Your travel day sounds like it went super smooth! Cannot ask for better conditions!

:dance3: Ms. Kat is doing her TR!!

I wish I could say I'll keep up, but you know me. :laughing: I'll do my best, I always read, but I don't always get a chance to comment. :rolleyes:

As you know AKL is where Ty and I will be staying for a couple of nights on our next trip, thanks to you. :goodvibes
I keep hemming and hawing back and forth about wanting to do a savannah view, but it really comes down to money. As much as I would love to sit there the first two days and watch those animals, I think we'll just have to do a pool view and go find them instead. It will still be amazing to be there. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry people gave y'all a hard time about going on your trip. Sometimes people mean well but don't realize how offensive they come off. I'm sure I've been guilty of it a few times. :rolleyes:
Either way, I think this trip is exactly what you two needed, in times like this you have to get away from it all if you can and you two were blessed enough to do just that, God knew what you two needed even before you did. He's good that way. ;)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!! :cheer2:

I would never say to cancel the trip. After something like that, you would need the time to yourselves to re-coup. I'm totally with you on going.

Oh you pre-check people!

Yay for arriving! We actually go to DTD often to get the pass thing out of the way too. It's a much less busy Guest Relations than at the parks.

You two are so cute! :lovestruc

I catch flack from my family for my Disney trips. I live on a shoestring budget and have to really scrimp and save to make them happen. They love to tell my how I'm wasting what little money I have on Disney World, when I could be putting those funds to better use. But my bills are paid, and my essentials for life are purchased. People, especially family but even some friends, always think they have a right to speak up about your choices. :sad2: But only YOU know what's best for you, and what will make you happiest in your heart. I'm so glad you didn't let them discourage you from taking this trip! You and Mark so obviously not only needed to go, but you deserved it! :hug:

Can't wait to read more! :hyper:

We've gotten the TSA pre-check a few times and it has always been for both of us. It is very nice not to have to take off shoes, etc. We always fly out of Midway, since it is so close to us.

What leagues do Mark ump for? It is nice he was able to ump this summer to bring in some cash and keep busy. :)

I'm here! :cool1:

Great start so far - looks like a pretty easy arrival day!

I'm glad Disney extended your APs for a month, that was very good.

I'm also glad you went on this trip. It seems a shame not to go, since it was pretty much all paid for. I loved following along on FB, looks like you had a great time!

You and Mark look so happy in each of those photos - there is no way you could have cancelled this trip! So happy that you guys made it.

I'm so excited to read all about this long vacation. I'm so glad you both decided to take the trip, the smiles on your faces make it obvious it was the right decision!

The pictures of you and Mark waiting for the limo are adorable. :goodvibes

I LOVE your Dumbo bag!

The TSA Pre-check is GREAT, we got it on our way to Disney too!

That's great that Disney was able to extend your Annual Passes a month. I need to look into this as it seems a lot of people who go once or twice a year get annual passes.

Can't wait to see more pictures of your first resort because it's where I want to stay next!!! Also can't wait to hear about how you liked doing a split-stay!

Now page 10? possibly 11.. This is what i get for NOT posting during weekends... :rotfl2:

Whatever.. I still got to MEET YOU! :hyper:

people... like they need to tell you anything. It's YOUR money. you do as you damn well please with it. no one else's opinions matter..

I hope all is well with Nikki and Todd and will be in my prayers.

Nice car!!

OK off to go to Tim's report. Well for one you told me too.. @nd the two of you crack me up like nothing else and can't wait to hear the 'other side' of the story!

popcorn::

Don't ya just love how people like to give out unwanted advise? I would have gone on the trip too. Like you said, it was almost completely paid for anyway. After all that you two have been through, you deserved a nice long trip away from home.

Every single picture of you two have you both smiling from ear to ear. That's just what the doctor prescribed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter