It's less about the physical running part than it is about the inconveniencing everyone big time with the expo and the early morning wake-ups and me being a nap-zombie and then wanting to hang with my internet fam

If they come...

Have them go to a park instead of the expo.
Get a big enough room, or two rooms, so you can have your sleep. (I rented the Music family room in 2014).
You go nap and they can play elsewhere.
Basically make it two trips. One for you and one for them.

To give my experience as inspiration...Dh gets to be Dance Dad for our son’s dance convention over Princess weekend. I’ll probably leave Wednesday night and he'll work from home Thursday and Friday, they’ll go to the convention Friday and he’s on duty all weekend. I think he’s taking off Monday or working from home again, and I get home Monday night.

Im using a bunch of our Dvc points for it and I barely even “asked”. Of course this is my third year of it.

Then again they’ve been sending me on solo trips since DS was 3. We’re all used to it, and they do things like sleep in the living room and rough house and such.

I’m tentatively in for the marathon. It will be my first and is a couple weeks before my 50th Birthday, so a good way to celebrate. I am going to wait until after my late April 10 miler to see what kind of POT I get to decide.

I would really like my whole family to come, but my daughters have high school mid-terms the Monday after the marathon. So it will probably just be me and the hubby. We are talking about Fri-Mon and no parks, but maybe a club level room. So just chilling, eating, drinking and the marathon.

I had a dream last night that I was running the marathon (I'm only 1 year, 1 week, and 1 day early!) it was still early on (MK), but I was running slow and steady and feeling good. However, I wasn't prepared. For some reason I was running with my handbag across my body and my only fuel/supplies were the things I happened to have inside. Whoever was running with me was starting to struggle and I remember thinking I don't want to run the rest of this thing by myself!

Good luck to everyone running the marathon tomorrow!

I had a dream last night that I was running the marathon (I'm only 1 year, 1 week, and 1 day early!) it was still early on (MK), but I was running slow and steady and feeling good. However, I wasn't prepared. For some reason I was running with my handbag across my body and my only fuel/supplies were the things I happened to have inside. Whoever was running with me was starting to struggle and I remember thinking I don't want to run the rest of this thing by myself!

Good luck to everyone running the marathon tomorrow!

It might be a *little* early for race anxiety dreams, but I’m sure most of the people on this forum could relate! ;)

I want to try all weekends out eventually but with registration the week of dark Side I’m sure unless I have a running buddy enabling me this weekend in 19 will be a pass

If the half is on the Saturday again then it'll fall on my birthday! It's fate, hopefully I'll be ready to run. Can't wait!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! I'm wearing my 2017 marathon, I'm cheering my fellow marathoners on from afar, I have a 12-mile run later today and it's FINALLY going to be above 20 degrees! So, without further adieu, let's christen this thread with the first Sundays are for Disney of 2018!

(Note for anyone new to this, Sundays are for Disney is a weekly Disney/running/runDisney related question that I'll post each week. You can still answer all week long, the questions will just be posted on Sundays.)

What are your Disney or running related resolutions for 2018? Or, if resolutions aren't your thing, what Disney/running goals do you have for this year?

Running-wise, I want to stay healthy, complete my third marathon at the end of April and end the year trained and healthy for Dopey 2019. More specifically, I'd like to PR my April marathon with a time closer to 4 hours (current PR is 4:22).

My Disney goals, outside of Dopey training, are just involving my family in planning a great trip for 2019.

What are your Disney or running related resolutions for 2018? Or, if resolutions aren't your thing, what Disney/running goals do you have for this year?

Get back into running shape. I’m not super fast, but at my peak my pace was averaging 9:45-10 minutes. As of today’s 4 mile run I’m at 11:45. I want to run more 1/2 marathons and start training for the 2019 WDW marathon. I need to learn more about fueling my body during long runs.

My running goals for the first half of 2018 are to PR my winter and spring races (15k and 10k in March, 10 miler in April, culminating with a half marathon in June). I have made a couple of changes to my training that will hopefully help me reach this goal injury free!

My runDisney goals begin with registering for the WDW 5k and my first full marathon in April! Hopefully the work I'm doing now will set me up for a successful marathon training cycle this fall.

I'm hoping that by April I'll know how many (if any) vacation days I'll have available in 2019.

Running:
- 700 miles
- (maybe) Get back to runDisney
- (maybe) Qualify for guaranteed entry for the 2019 NYC marathon

Disney:
- Get back to Disneyland!!!
- (maybe) Return to rD

My Sundays are for Disney answer:

I ran my first full marathon at Disney in 2017. Thought it would be a one and done, but now my goal is to do another. I want to have more fun the second time around--get some photos and not worry about getting swept. To that end, I've signed up for a half in April that I'd like to PR and submit for proof of time. Goal is to finish in 2:45, which would be lightening speed for me.

I decided to do next year's marathon, which will be my first marathon (at age 57). I'm doing this year's half, which will be my 4th, all since 2016 (2016 Wine and Dine, 2017 Virginia Wine, 2017 Hershey, 2018 Disney). While I do halfs and 10-milers for time (8:30-8:50 pace), my current plan is to do the full more for fun and not worry too much about time.

What is the Virginia Wine? I live in the Hershey area now and did Hershey half in 2016. Hoping to do the 10K in April and the half there in 2018.

1. Consistently train for W&D Two Course Challenge 2018
2. PR local races in Hershey and Harrisburg
3. Train for my first marathon (2019?) or just go big and go home and do Dopey 2019?
4. Train while remaining healthy from knee/foot issues.
5. Lose weight (with a focus on diet)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter