MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay my question is, if we are attending the dessert party on a night that wishes is at 10pm, and spectro is at 11, will we be able to stay and watch spectro from the terrace?

I am still having issues. My res are for Dec 24th @ 9:00 but wishes is @ 8pm. I called they told me there is an error and things will be changing and to call back once a week until they figure out what is going on. It has been 2 weeks I would of thought by now they would have figured something else. confused:confused:

we are scheduled for the 24th also, but isnt wishes at 10?:confused3

There will be long lines to check in, and it is difficult, if not impossible, to watch Spectro from that line. The crowds are heavy and you will have to make certain you get there before the parade gets to Main Street. There is no other way to avoid the masses of people.

In our opinion, it was worth it when we did it in October. We won't go again any time soon, but we both enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone!

We went on a sold-out night and we did not encounter any line at check-in but we did arrive about 15 minutes passed the hour...We came through the back after going on Stitch...We did see the parade from the viewing area with no trouble and we were able to see the entire thing.

Thank you both for responding! I really appreciate your input!

Booked 12/30 party a week or so ago; double checked online today-all seems in order. Reading this thread raised a few questions, so I called. The night of our reservation Wishes is at 830, but according to cast member we should be there at 70o or before with no assigned tables. Could not guarantee availability of food items, say if i arrived at 730-800. Would not commit that I would be denied entrance, but reiterated it was a reservation(like dining) and to be on time. Also, she noted(after I asked) that even if park was at capacity that night, I would still be allowed entrance to mk with confirmation number, as it was prepaid. I doubt this is true, but who knows. Good luck and enjoy.

So frustrating!!

I booked our Desert Party at the 90 day window for December 19. At that time, wishes was scheduled for 8 p.m. and we were given a 7 p.m. reservation time.

I checked the MK calendar to see if anything had changed and now find that Wishes will be at 10. So after a call to DVC about it I tried Disney Dining. The first two times I was hung up on before talking an an agent. The third time the agent put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and I got disconnected AGAIN:mad:

The fourth time I got through, explained how I have wasted that last 30 minutes. After 15 minutes with the agent checking, finally with a supervisor, I was told that I needed to check back closer to the date:sad2:

Right now I have a late lunch (2 p.m.) at Tony's based on the 7 p.m. party. If Wishes at 10 p.m. and the party starts at 9 p.m. we are going to need an early dinner instead of a late lunch. I sure wish Disney would get its act together on this:rolleyes:

So frustrating!!

I booked our Desert Party at the 90 day window for December 19. At that time, wishes was scheduled for 8 p.m. and we were given a 7 p.m. reservation time.

I checked the MK calendar to see if anything had changed and now find that Wishes will be at 10. So after a call to DVC about it I tried Disney Dining. The first two times I was hung up on before talking an an agent. The third time the agent put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and I got disconnected AGAIN:mad:

The fourth time I got through, explained how I have wasted that last 30 minutes. After 15 minutes with the agent checking, finally with a supervisor, I was told that I needed to check back closer to the date:sad2:

Right now I have a late lunch (2 p.m.) at Tony's based on the 7 p.m. party. If Wishes at 10 p.m. and the party starts at 9 p.m. we are going to need an early dinner instead of a late lunch. I sure wish Disney would get its act together on this:rolleyes:

Thanks for ruining my day!:confused::eek::headache::scared1::sick:

I was so excited when I got that date.
1) it's my DD'd b'day
2) it was the only night of our trip Wishes was before 11.

I'll be crossing my fingers & toes w/you that it changes back,
but now that they've charged my card I really feel upset.

10pm is really too late to pig out on so much sugar. I'll have 3 bouncing off the walls of our room!

What to do - what to do !?!?!

Thanks for ruining my day!:confused::eek::headache::scared1::sick:

I was so excited when I got that date.
1) it's my DD'd b'day
2) it was the only night of our trip Wishes was before 11.

I'll be crossing my fingers & toes w/you that it changes back,
but now that they've charged my card I really feel upset.

10pm is really too late to pig out on so much sugar. I'll have 3 bouncing off the walls of our room!

What to do - what to do !?!?!

I am taking a wait and see approach ... although my first instinct was to cancel. Dessert at 9 or 10 just seems to late for us. It will be a travel day as well for my parents, who are in their late 60s and early 70s.

At least we can cancel up to 24 hours before the event.

Sorry to ruin your day.

I called yesterday and talked with Disney dining. Our scheduled reservation is for 7:20pm on Dec 12th. They changed Wishes from 8pm to 10pm for that night. The CM said that there were changes made and that they are telling everyone to check the schedule for Wishes for the day and arrive 1 hour prior for your reservation. So, I guess we will be eating desserts at 9pm too!

I'm sorry for not reading the long thread. Will they do this later next year? We're there in early May and would love to do this!

:confused3

We did the dessert party last week and I was a little disappointed. Our reservation was at 8:15. We arrived at 8. DH & I agreed that the offererings were so rich, it wasn't really like you really induldge yourself in everything. I also found that the didn't replinish like I thought the would. Fruit was the first thing gone. While the view of the fireworks was great, I think I would've been just as happy with an Ice Cream Cookie sandwich from the Main Street Bakery and had a lot more $ left in my wallet!

We were at the dessert party on November 5th and we had a fantastic time. Wishes was at 8pm, ressie was at 7:20, we showed up around 7:10 and were prompty seated at our reserved table - no line for check-in. Desserts were fresh, plentiful, and continuously replenished. I can't say if the desserts were replenished during or after Wishes, because we didn't go back to the buffet. The cast members present were great about greeting us and clearing tables. We could just make out the tops of the larger floats during the 7:00 Spectromagic parade. Around 10 minutes before the start of Wishes, most everyone stood along the wall for a great view. Tinkerbell flew right over our heads and waved back at us. Because of the perspective, the fireworks were just to the right of the castle. It was so nice that we didn't have to be a part of the cattle on Main Street, we could sit back, relax, eat scrumptious desserts, and then have a primo spot for the fireworks. We will definitely do this again if it's offered.

Hey everyone
We aren't visiting until March 2010
Has anyone heard any rumours of this being extended as we would love to do this
Wishes is on at 10pm during our trip so I'm not sure what would be the best time to try and get a res for if they do continue this
Thanks all

I'm sorry for not reading the long thread. Will they do this later next year? We're there in early May and would love to do this!

:confused3

Hey everyone
We aren't visiting until March 2010
Has anyone heard any rumours of this being extended as we would love to do this
Wishes is on at 10pm during our trip so I'm not sure what would be the best time to try and get a res for if they do continue this
Thanks all

no word yet :surfweb:

I called yesterday and talked with Disney dining. Our scheduled reservation is for 7:20pm on Dec 12th. They changed Wishes from 8pm to 10pm for that night. The CM said that there were changes made and that they are telling everyone to check the schedule for Wishes for the day and arrive 1 hour prior for your reservation. So, I guess we will be eating desserts at 9pm too!

Okay, it's December now. I was told this same thing when I called yesterday. Why hasn't Disney gotten their act together about this yet???

We have 7:20 reservations for a night when Wishes is not until 10 p.m.!!

Okay, it's December now. I was told this same thing when I called yesterday. Why hasn't Disney gotten their act together about this yet???

We have 7:20 reservations for a night when Wishes is not until 10 p.m.!!

I had a phone call a few weeks ago advising us that the Dessert party had been changed to 9pm on our reservation night (19th December).

Caron

We received a phone call about a week ago advising us that our Dec. 19 party had been moved to 9 p.m. since Wishes was moved to 10 p.m. This call was from MK Operations not Disney Dining.

I called on Sunday, Nov. 29th to make reservations for this a few days before Christmas. I was given two options on the same date: 7:10 or 9:10. I thought that was odd and asked why a 7:10 time is offered, when Wishes wasn't until 10 p.m. Reservationist didn't know. I also asked why the time was 9:10, because I had read that the Wishes Dessert Party started at 9:00. The reservationist then checked and said it ran from 9 to 9:25, and that since I should show up 15 minutes before my reservation time, I should arrive just before 9:00, but my official reservation is at 9:10.

It all seems a bit odd to me - why not book the reservation at 9:00, then? I hadn't seen this thread when I made the reservation, so I will read back through it. Now I wonder if I should arrive even earlier?

Edit: And does this mean they are now double booking, and all the 7 p.m. people will be moved to 9 p.m., along with all those also booked for 9 p.m.? So it will be twice as crowded? If we are paying expecting to have a limited capacity viewing area and they force twice as many people into the same tables (no tables will be left) and same viewing area, that doesn't seem right.

We attended our Dessert Party Nov 22. We had a 7pm reservations with wishes at 10pm. I called many times about this and got many different answers, one dining cm actually told me that I had to be there at 7 because they were rotating different groups through the buffet at different times. Thankfully I kept checking, and finally got a dining cm that took the time to investigate it and said to show up an hour before the fireworks and that if I wanted a more concrete answer - check in with guest relations at MK earlier in the day, which I did. They printed me off a new confirmation with the correct time on it and said that we should have received a call to correct the problem weeks ago.
We went got in line for the Dessert party there was a group that had been there since 7pm waiting, since that was what they had been told to do. Needless to say, they weren't very happy.

It is sure frustrating that they know there is a problem, but not everyone is getting the call to correct it.

I could see where they might change from 7 to 9 and through an oversight not contact everyone with the original 7 pm reservation.

But to actively be accepting reservations for BOTH 7 and 9 pm on the same night is just wacky. If they know it's been moved to 9, which they do because they are giving out 9 pm reservations, then why are they continuing to also book 7 pm reservations?

I'm glad I knew the Wishes schedule before I called!

We attended our Dessert Party Nov 22. We had a 7pm reservations with wishes at 10pm. I called many times about this and got many different answers, one dining cm actually told me that I had to be there at 7 because they were rotating different groups through the buffet at different times. Thankfully I kept checking, and finally got a dining cm that took the time to investigate it and said to show up an hour before the fireworks and that if I wanted a more concrete answer - check in with guest relations at MK earlier in the day, which I did. They printed me off a new confirmation with the correct time on it and said that we should have received a call to correct the problem weeks ago.
We went got in line for the Dessert party there was a group that had been there since 7pm waiting, since that was what they had been told to do. Needless to say, they weren't very happy.

It is sure frustrating that they know there is a problem, but not everyone is getting the call to correct it.

We went on November 23rd and were told to be there at 7, despite 10 PM fireworks. Like you, I called several times until someone finally changed our time to 9:15. I knew most show up at 8:30, and we did this as well. We checked in and got our wristbands, and finally around 9 we were seated.

We all enjoyed the party very much. The view of the fireworks were amazing! We liked the desserts offered, but wish there were more fruits and maybe some sugarless items available as well. They didn't seem to run out of food, but they did run out of milk fairly early in the party. It took a while, but it was finally refilled. The noodle station was open at the time, so it was different, waiting in line with crowds of people around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter