Natural Products Expo Cancelled

Is there any chance Disneyland would close?
I just don't see that happening unless it totally took over. Several times in the last few days, my Google newsfeed has had a "story" with a title saying that Disney is closing all of their parks. When I read the "article" it talks about the parks in Asia (which we all already know about) and then it says that there aren't any plans to close Disneyland in Anaheim, Paris or WDW.

prayers for no park closure next week! We are coming! Hoping it may lessen lines for us at least!

Starbucks is not allowing you to use your personal reusable cups due to Coronavirus. I’m assuming this rule will be the same at the Disney park locations.
38453413-0D34-42EF-A9E1-1E76C3EDA8A5.jpeg

Amen and amen! And not just now, but as every day common sense. Can't tell you how many people I see in the parks who don't wash their hands after using the restroom -- so gross! -- both adults and kids. And they march right back to the restaurant tables, booths, touching the chairs, the ride vehicles, the merchandise in stores, etc.
And thank you for the reminder about taking prescribed meds. Refilled my Rx and have it in my parks bag, ready to go.
My daughter does a discussion in class with her kids using glitter. She uses a hand sanitizer with a lot of glitter in it with them. Then after an hour, shows them all the places the glitter has traveled and explains that they should think of it like germs. They now have glitter on desks, on their faces, on other people's arms, etc... She explains how not washing your hands will spread germs just like this. (And she explains how gross it is to tie your shoes and they need to wash after. Imagine a 6-8yo with untied shoes running thru the bathroom, then coming to ask you to tie them...)

Starbucks is not allowing you to use your personal reusable cups due to Coronavirus. I’m assuming this rule will be the same at the Disney park locations.

wouldnt the money you pay with (and the change you receive) transmit the same germs? I guess paying with a card and not touching anything would help.

wouldnt the money you pay with (and the change you receive) transmit the same germs? I guess paying with a card and not touching anything would help.
Payment can be made by having the app scanned at the register.

We went to Starbucks yesterday and didn’t need to touch anything until we actually picked up our drinks. All drinks were made by a barista who wasn’t handling the register or money.

At my Starbuck's, I would say the majority of orders in the morning are mobile that are already paid for or in-store paid by scanning your phone. I see very few people using cash or handing over a card. If the barista never has to touch anything from the customer, that would be a plus. I guess it depends on the area you live in though, I can imagine Starbuck's that have an older clientele group would have more cash payments. We have several colleges nearby so it's a lot of students.

It is store-wide. Starbucks posted the news in their app yesterday and they are still honoring the 10 cent amount for customers even though reusable cups aren’t allowed.

https://stories.starbucks.com/stories/2020/managing-courageously-through-the-dynamics-of-covid-19/

I missed this while looking through my app yesterday (but I did only glance since I noticed my latest dash offer wants me to get something I'm allergic to).

Extra note about still honoring the discount: customer still has to bring in their personal cup to show they have one if it was allowed to be used or specifically request "for here" ware.

Cash is extremely dirty. I have always hated cash and only grudgingly carry any for emergencies because my mother makes me (and she's right, I have sometimes needed it). When I worked at WinCo many years ago as a cashier I had people who would hand me cash they had just been holding in their mouth. So disgusting.

Sadly a business going cashless/contactless as a requirement for payment would unfortunately be classified as discrimination. But it would close a possible contamination point if they could.

Ideally the one handling the money will only touch the cash with one hand, the register with another, and then use hand sanitizer after putting the cash away. That way any possible germs do not spread beyond the inside of the cash register. However, as mentioned, as long as the cashier's hands get sanitized or washed before moving elsewhere in the store, possible germs will stay at the register. Although this does still offer a potential contamination point for customers getting change.

Basically: one should pay by app if one can. It helps everyone doing the least amount of contact as possible. I would also say this applies in Disneyland too. Do NFC payments and mobile order payments wherever possible.

I'm old. Never heard NFC surprisingly. Will have to ask my kids. I am good with Apple Pay, Venmo, Paypal, etc...
NFC= Near Field Communication- the technology behind waving your phone or watch near a reader for payment. (so as you originally said- a way to pay without contact)

Yep I was just thinking I need to start using Apple pay more. Nothing touches it's all just scanned.
I use Apple Pay all the time at Disney. Not out of fear of germs, but it’s just easier to not have to get my wallet out each time I want to buy something. My phone is almost always in my hand.

NFC= Near Field Communication- the technology behind waving your phone or watch near a reader for payment. (so as you originally said- a way to pay without contact)
Some of the newer cards you can also just tap or wave on the readers

I'm old. Never heard NFC surprisingly. Will have to ask my kids. I am good with Apple Pay, Venmo, Paypal, etc...

I wouldn't blame age. It's more to do with exposure to such things. My mom is 69 as of November last year and knows the term simply because of being around me. But I've known people younger than me (34) that don't know it. They just weren't exposed to it.

NFC stands for Near Field Communication. It's just the technology that things like Apple Pay and Google Pay use. Samsung Pay doesn't even require a location to take NFC payments since it uses the mag strip reader.

I use the term NFC payments in general because more payment apps are adding the feature (PayPal is a more relatively recent addition). I don't want to leave any of them out :). So please forgive me. I often forget not all people know that's the name of the technology behind their contactless payments.

I wouldn't blame age. It's more to do with exposure to such things. My mom is 69 as of November last year and knows the term simply because of being around me. But I've known people younger than me (34) that don't know it. They just weren't exposed to it.
I know the technology, never heard the term. My daughter did (which I would hope since her Master's is in tech.) I'm usually pretty up on technology.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter