New shampoo containers?

Why not just wait and see how it plays out. Its a change but doesn't mean it will be bad, there may be kinks that need worked out. If it doesn't work out they may try something new. Its not rocket science if you don't like bring your own, like many do as is because they prefer there own.
Pop has already been there done that. They were removed for a reason.

Here it is

g0efc19h8i5z.jpg

:rotfl2: This is classic. If it was a fresh bar of Dial soap I know my DH would be tempted to use it :rotfl:

Some of us have already been there done that years ago at the Value Resorts and have the experience already.

Happy for the Guests who like the dispensers-they just aren't for me.:)

And from what it sounds like these are not exactly the same. Doesn't mean it can't work this time.

And from what it sounds like these are not exactly the same. Doesn't mean it can't work this time.
Yes-it WILL work for Guests who like shower dispensers,but IMHO,Guests who didn't like the previous shower dispensers just don't like shower dispensers period and therefore won't like the "new" ones either.

The Mouse should just continue providing the little bottles BY REQUEST only-problem solved.:)

I never understood people who use the tiny bottles a hotel offers.

I bring and use my own toiletries. Vacation is not the time to experiment with new product lol.

Yup, I keep my own shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in my owner's locker. I'm particular about the products I use and larger containers are easier to manage. Those small bottles are not enough for my hair and I don't want to be standing there squeezing the last little bit out.

That being said, I don't really care one way or another if they put them in DVC rooms or not. I think they look fine, a brushed metal holder and nice looking bottles are much better than the previous ones used in the values. They're likely not reusing the bottles, it would be too difficult and time consuming to put new product in those bottles, just look at the top. You'd need a funnel just to pour the product into each bottle. Mousekeeping is already crunched for time, they're not going to spend that on filling bottles in your bathroom. Also bottles typically come with new pumps, packaged in plastic, to be used with each bottle. I would be surprised if one bottle sat there for months, these rooms turn over all the time.

I know a lot of people are concerned about germs and getting sick, they or their family may have sensitive immune systems. Why not call housekeeping and ask them what they do? Ask them to change the bottles in front of you so you see they're fresh? If I was in that position, I would not hesitate to do this.

If you want to be concerned about germs in a bathroom you should worry more about the toilet seats you put your butt down on or the toilet paper you wipe with. Every flush sprays fecal matter and urine on every surface in there.

Or don't worry... Has anyone ever contracted anything from a shared BOTTLE of soap, toilet seat or paper?

Last edited:
If you want to be concerned about germs in a bathroom you should worry more about the toilet seats you put your butt down on or the toilet paper you wipe with. Every flush sprays fecal matter and urine on every surface in there.

Or don't. Has anyone ever contracted anything from a shared BOTTLE of soap, toilet seat or paper?
That's why you close the toilet lid.

I was talking about resort room bathrooms, since that is what the thread is about.
Ah. I'm talking about people being grossed out by sharing soap out of a dispenser cause naked bodies are near it or wash cloths touch it and touch naked bodies but the public restrooms are literally soaked in poop and pee and you sit your bare butt on that and use communal toilet paper.

And who ia to say that lids in resort rooms have been closed to flush or housekeeping is thoroughly wiping down those surfaces?

If you believe they are ckeaning them then why not believe they are cleaning the dispensers? And if you are the type who wipes down surfaces yourself why not add in the dispensers?

Or...and go with me here...bring your own stuff.

I am currently in a Marriott in MD and we now have dispenses in the shower. I have no problem with it

Ah. I'm talking about people being grossed out by sharing soap out of a dispenser cause naked bodies are near it or wash cloths touch it and touch naked bodies but the public restrooms are literally soaked in poop and pee and you sit your bare butt on that and use communal toilet paper.

And who ia to say that lids in resort rooms have been closed to flush or housekeeping is thoroughly wiping down those surfaces?

If you believe they are ckeaning them then why not believe they are cleaning the dispensers? And if you are the type who wipes down surfaces yourself why not add in the dispensers?

Or...and go with me here...bring your own stuff.
I'm guessing that you don't use the covers or wipe the nasty seat down before you place your bottom on it. :crazy2:

All-Star Sports still had the single use ones earlier this week, but it looks like they're now 2 oz. instead of the 1.25 oz. they were last August.

I am in the "unhappy" camp on these bottle dispensaries. I don't mind the larger bottles but I wish the dispensary did not include a common-used pump nozzle. Why not just have a mechanism that locks in larger, disposable pump bottles? Housekeeping could replace as needed and in between guests. My worry is the same as some pp that some weirdos will replace or add in something disgusting....

I do not believe this is a cost saving measure because as others have mentioned, hotels want you to take the product because of branding both for the hotel as well as the agreement with the product manufacturer who wants branding/sales from such take-aways. I suspect it is a measure to advance their "green appeal" designation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter