• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW will not have a virtual queue... no way. Everyday is someone's only day at Hollywood Studios and with the crowds expected, they cannot tell a tourist who spent 8k for his family that the land is too crowded for them to enter. Everyone is on a schedule in Orlando, so implementing a virtual queue will not happen. It will be a free for all, average 240 min wait time, cuz again, unlike DLand, tourists visiting WDW is their once in a lifetime trip, every single day.

You will have to make reservations at DW just like DL did early on. Guests staying at offsite properties are going to be out of luck and not able to access Star Wars at DW at least until 2020.

I’m sure like all of you, I follow lots of Disney things. Instagram. Disneyland Facebook groups. The boards here.

That spring ticket deal really motivated a lot of out of town guests to take their trip. Especially since get away today and Disney ran it. Allowing for packages that allowed them some flexibility in payment options.

You take that, plus block outs, plus the reservation period, plus PR of “massive crowds”, plus a second ride not open now” plus the same land opening at the “bigger, better, more popular park” in Florida...

All those things I think came together to form a perfect storm of low crowds for Disneyland.

Now the question is if Disney meant to do that or not. One may think all the work they did leading up that they did not...

But then I think it was the smartest thing ever. They now can control the crowds in so many ways. Slowly releasing block out days, offering a sale, etc.

And you better believe by the amount of posts I’m reading about people going “in the fall” and “when can I book a 2020 package” that the crowds are coming..

As someone leaving in 5! Days for Disneyland the release of cast block outs made my heart sink a bit. But I’m remember that we always travel at busy times! I just got my hopes up for the possibility of low crowds. So I’m just changing my mindset back to plan for crazy.

Sooo

It’s 730 on a Disneyland magic morning day and Star Wars land shows closed on the app, but the ride is showing a wait time.

Seems they may be moving the rope drop crowd in early.
I was just coming to say that! Anyone know when they let them in?

One more piece not as talked about but is pricing also getting to people? Park ticket, hotel, food, and then of course the Star Wars merch is not cheap. So are people just not going? More data we don't have.

Either way the days going forward will be something to watch.

The CM lift is interesting. I hadn't heard about that.

Pricing could play a small part for some, esp with lack of resort hotel discounts. It was a big deal for us not getting the military hotel discount. Thankfully with my company I was able to get a small (and compared to military, I am talking small) discount or we would have bagged the trip and gone to Cedar Point.

After watching what happened yesterday, I remembered something that happened just about every time we rode Star Tours following the addition of the GE trailer...especially last summer!

Almost every CM would give the cabin a heads up to watch for the new “Star Wars Land” followed up with a “AndI wouldn’t bother coming to visit for like three years cause it’s going to be absolutely insane!!!!!”

Too much great advertising??:rotfl2:

We arrived to the park last night at 10pm. Didn’t expect to get into SWGE but it was surprisingly open to all. I highly suggest going late at night after the fireworks when the mass exodus happens. The line for MFSR was about 20min around 11pm. I could literally spend an entire day there looking at all the details and not get bored. I knew it would be amazing and immersive but this was so much more than that. We plan to check it out further tonight.

Hmm, I never thought the pricing would have any impact on attendance. Disney prices at the two U.S. parks just go up and up and up, all the time, and it doesn't seem to matter. My own thinking is that the emphasis on the movies that aren't as good might be part of the problem. Youth has always been a critical focus of entertainment companies, but the older visitors remember the classic characters from IV through VI and aren't necessarily as enamored with Kylo Ren and porgs and whatever else is the big thing these days.

My question about Savi’s new reservation system was on the old thread so I’ll throw it out again:

When someone does the new reservation system, can you tell me when your card was actually charged? The reservation page says “you will not be charged until you arrive at the activity.”

But I’ve seen all the Disneyland bloggers (like Disneyland Daily- and she’s usually spot on) posting that you are charged when you make the reservation.

I’d love to know when someone does it! I’m doing the reservation making for our group that all wants to build so I’d like to know if my card would be charged nearly $900 when I make the reservation. 🙃 And plus, I usually do the Target gift card dealio to save money and usually you can’t pay with those on the app... which would be a bummer because I was hoping to use one to ‘help’ with that hefty lightsaber cost.

My question about Savi’s new reservation system was on the old thread so I’ll throw it out again:

When someone does the new reservation system, can you tell me when your card was actually charged? The reservation page says “you will not be charged until you arrive at the activity.”

But I’ve seen all the Disneyland bloggers (like Disneyland Daily- and she’s usually spot on) posting that you are charged when you make the reservation.

I’d love to know when someone does it! I’m doing the reservation making for our group that all wants to build so I’d like to know if my card would be charged nearly $900 when I make the reservation. 🙃 And plus, I usually do the Target gift card dealio to save money and usually you can’t pay with those on the app... which would be a bummer because I was hoping to use one to ‘help’ with that hefty lightsaber cost.
From the Disneyland resort Savi’s workshop page -

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/savis-workshop-reservations/savis-workshop-mobile.html
mportant Details
  • $199.99 per lightsaber, plus tax
  • Payment will be due upon arrival at the location

Has any parents with picky eaters eaten at docking bay yet? The only thing my kiddo will eat is mac and cheese and I’m wondering if I can just order a few of those separately.

My super picky 9 year old wanted the mac n cheese with chicken. My DH mistakenly oredered the adult meal for that, and instead of mac n cheese, it was mashed potatoes....but DH kept telling him it was mac n cheese. LOL. I think my DH just thought the food was supposed to look weird for the theming. It worked out well because the chicken in the adult meal was much larger and DS9 really liked that. He also thankfully typically likes mashed potatoes and he ate almost all of that too. At the end I had to break it to both of them that it was mashed potatoes and not mac n cheese. Ha! My DH finally tried a bite and then agreed that it was mashed potatoes! My DS11 got the ribs and complained that the sauce was too spicy. I tried some and it did have a bit of a kick. DH and I shared a ronto wrap. We liked it, but I don't think my kids would have. I think they would have eaten it without the slaw, which I have heard you can order it without the slaw. Even on the app. Had we not been there during an 11-3 reservation, I think we would have eaten somewhere else in the park-at least for the kids. Corndogs for the win! ;)

Right, I read all that on the Savi’s page. But I keep seeing post after post saying people are charged upon booking from pages like Disneyland Daily, Mice Chat, etc.. Hence my confusion and my desire to hear a firsthand experience. :) Wouldn’t care so much if I wasn’t making a reservation for four lightsabers haha!

845- on day 2. Park empty, boarding passes not implemented yet, but smugglers run is at 180mins. It dropped yesterday once boarding pass was implemented.. curious what happens today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter