• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird question: I know there’s a specific entrance you have to go through to get into SWGE (what I’ve heard is Critter Country if it’s open, Frontierland with a boarding group, and Fantasyland with a Cantina or Savi’s Reservation) but is there a specific one you have to use to exit?

Weird question: I know there’s a specific entrance you have to go through to get into SWGE (what I’ve heard is Critter Country if it’s open, Frontierland with a boarding group, and Fantasyland with a Cantina or Savi’s Reservation) but is there a specific one you have to use to exit?
You can exit through all 3 usually. during the reservations period they had a taped off walkway on the critter country entrance/exit so the guests waiting didn't interfere with those exiting.

Hmm, I never thought the pricing would have any impact on attendance. Disney prices at the two U.S. parks just go up and up and up, all the time, and it doesn't seem to matter. My own thinking is that the emphasis on the movies that aren't as good might be part of the problem. Youth has always been a critical focus of entertainment companies, but the older visitors remember the classic characters from IV through VI and aren't necessarily as enamored with Kylo Ren and porgs and whatever else is the big thing these days.

Maybe. But Avatar doesn't have anywhere near the following as SW, and opening there was INSANE! I think if I remember correctly FOP lines were averaging 4-5 hours. (not like Hagrid's but still waaayy too long for me!)

I think it is definitely a mixture of many things, but key component was people staying away because of fear of having too large of crowds to enjoy it! I'll say it again, this would be a much different scenario going down if it was in WDW right now. I think it would be those Hagrid type of lines.

So has anyone heard anything if there letting initial rope crowd in early? Or maybe an exclusive few groups get in before others

Thank you for the tips!

And seriously, corn dogs all the way. I’m a picky eater too and I’ll be living off that popcorn when we get in there. 😂
We did not try the popcorn! Next time ;) For what it's worth, I am not a hot dog fan usually. (Corndogs, yes!) But I really liked the Ronto Wrap. I was pleasantly surprised! Hopefully the land won't be super packed and you can leave and get food elsewhere and come back if need be. Have a great time!

Hmm, I never thought the pricing would have any impact on attendance. Disney prices at the two U.S. parks just go up and up and up, all the time, and it doesn't seem to matter. My own thinking is that the emphasis on the movies that aren't as good might be part of the problem. Youth has always been a critical focus of entertainment companies, but the older visitors remember the classic characters from IV through VI and aren't necessarily as enamored with Kylo Ren and porgs and whatever else is the big thing these days.

I have to agree. I was a die hard SW fan as a kid. Got my DS hooked at 4 years old...he absolutely LOVED the original IV-VI...after Force Awakens, he was all in. We couldn't buy enough SW Merch or do Jedi Academy enough! LOL But after Last Jedi, the blush is off. Even for me. Couldn't believe they made my childhood hero an old curmudgeon. :( Beyond disappointed with Luke's "ending"...hoping JJ can fix it! However, that's my personal feeling having grown up loving the original characters. For Disney, my 8 year old son literally said, "I'm not that into Star Wars anymore" and it took showing him the shops, pics, ride, etc. to get him excited. Honestly, he'd rather go to Marvels Land...or FORTNITE Land!! ha! ;)

WDW will not have a virtual queue... no way. Everyday is someone's only day at Hollywood Studios and with the crowds expected, they cannot tell a tourist who spent 8k for his family that the land is too crowded for them to enter. Everyone is on a schedule in Orlando, so implementing a virtual queue will not happen. It will be a free for all, average 240 min wait time, cuz again, unlike DLand, tourists visiting WDW is their once in a lifetime trip, every single day.

Your post doesn't make sense. A 4 hour real queue and a 4 hour vitrual queue make no difference. If the land hits capacity that family isn't getting in no matter how much they paid. The only difference will be whether they have to wait in an actual line or whether they can explore the park and get notified when they can enter. Why would you think Disney would want them to wait in an actual line? Not saying they won't do that but you're absolutely wrong that they won't turn people away from entering the land if they've hit capacity. They don't have a choice.

I don’t know why they’d let the APs back in. They have their money already. They can’t keep the merch in stock. It would be a serious irritant to any that upgraded to a better pass because of the blackouts. I see them dropping hotel prices first.

My thoughts exactly. (I posted that on cast member thread) Unblocking CM's was painless for them. I don't see how they could lift dates for AP's and not get backlash from those who spent A LOT more to upgrade. I know if I was one, I would be screaming my head off demanding a refund for the upgraded pass.

The smart thing to do is get those hotel rooms filled. They are sitting there open at full rack rate, losing a TON of revenue. Offer the discounts you normally have, and add a summer promo special. Fill the rooms, fill the parks, fill the restaurants. That makes more sense.

I think this conversation about crowds is really interesting and actually plays into a question I’ve had in the back of my mind but have been too scared to voice. But since we’re on the subject ;)

Love it or hate it, SWGE is, at least in part, Disney’s response to the success of WWoHP at Universal. Superficially, the fandoms are similar - millions of multigenerational super fans with a global reach who know and love virtually everything about their world, and are eager consumers of all things SW/HP. However, the one big difference I see is that going to Hogwarts, drinking a butter beer, and having your wand choose you was a *literal dream come true* for many Potterheads. That is, a desire to actually live there and be a real wizard is part of the common culture that binds the super fandom. Although SW fans are certainly passionate, and have deeper roots and probably greater numbers, I’ve never really heard a SW super fan express a longing to personally exist in that world. I don’t know if that makes sense; hopefully it does.

Anyway, SWGE is obviously nirvana to SW fans who also love theme parks. It also seems very exciting for people who love theme parks, even if they aren’t huge SW fans. I think the wildcard are SW fans who don’t particularly enjoy theme parks. Will they come? The cost is an issue too. I’m planning a 5-day trip for three people and am struggling to keep the cost under $5,000. For a SW fan who wouldn’t ordinarily vacation at a theme park, is SWGE going to convince them to spend that kind of money to go?

Mind, these are my own personal musings, and I am prepared to be told every way to Sunday that I am WRONG. So, my feelings won’t be hurt if I get flamed :) Personally, I can’t wait to see SWGE and experience everything. Only 257 more days to go!

I’ve been meaning to post some thoughts on my first SWGE visit last Sunday (the last day of reservations). With the old thread gone I’ll post here:

1. Met and hung out with some DISers, which was so much fun!

2. I was so impressed with the level of detail in the land. My four hours flew by and I could have stayed longer. At one point I forgot I was even in DL. I feel that casual Star Wars fans or even non-fans might really enjoy the land simply for the all the fun theming and detail.

3. I was skeptical of the ronto wrap but I loved it! Can’t wait to have it again! I feel that the two meats *might* be overkill and in fact it could be interesting to have one wrap just with sausage, one just with the roasted pork and one with both meats.

4. The land needs more food. More options and more variety. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SWEETS SHOP! I feel there is a decided lack of sweet treats. The second favorite food item of the day was the cookie that came on top of the Blue Bantha at Oga’s. I wish I could just buy this cookie!

5. I love the toys at Toydarians! It was hard not to buy a ton!

6. DS4 was obsessed with the land. Some comments from him: “I never want to leave.” “Star Wars land is so cool... it’s so cool I can hardly look at it.” “There were droids everywhere! It was CRAZY.” “Can we come back here every weekend for forever?”

However, the one big difference I see is that going to Hogwarts, drinking a butter beer, and having your wand choose you was a *literal dream come true* for many Potterheads. That is, a desire to actually live there and be a real wizard is part of the common culture that binds the super fandom. Although SW fans are certainly passionate, and have deeper roots and probably greater numbers, I’ve never really heard a SW super fan express a longing to personally exist in that world.
No flames here; that’s an interesting perspective I hadn’t thought of! I’d totally want to live in the Potterverse. SW, not so much. Well said.
Anyway, speculation should be risk free on these boards; I’ve been dismayed lately by the tone of a few posters here that tend toward aggressive or dismissive. Kindness and tact work better, folks.

DS4 was obsessed with the land. Some comments from him: “I never want to leave.” “Star Wars land is so cool... it’s so cool I can hardly look at it.” “There were droids everywhere! It was CRAZY.” “Can we come back here every weekend for forever?”
Awww glad he loved it! Did he make a droid? I’ve been playing with mine a lot lol Basically like a 6 year old in a 26 year old body while playing with it haha 😅

Anyway, speculation should be risk free on these boards; I’ve been dismayed lately by the tone of a few posters here that tend toward aggressive or dismissive. Kindness and tact work better, folks.

Hear, hear! I lurked in these boards for awhile before I dared to post because of that.

I think this conversation about crowds is really interesting and actually plays into a question I’ve had in the back of my mind but have been too scared to voice. But since we’re on the subject ;)

Love it or hate it, SWGE is, at least in part, Disney’s response to the success of WWoHP at Universal. Superficially, the fandoms are similar - millions of multigenerational super fans with a global reach who know and love virtually everything about their world, and are eager consumers of all things SW/HP. However, the one big difference I see is that going to Hogwarts, drinking a butter beer, and having your wand choose you was a *literal dream come true* for many Potterheads. That is, a desire to actually live there and be a real wizard is part of the common culture that binds the super fandom. Although SW fans are certainly passionate, and have deeper roots and probably greater numbers, I’ve never really heard a SW super fan express a longing to personally exist in that world. I don’t know if that makes sense; hopefully it does.

Anyway, SWGE is obviously nirvana to SW fans who also love theme parks. It also seems very exciting for people who love theme parks, even if they aren’t huge SW fans. I think the wildcard are SW fans who don’t particularly enjoy theme parks. Will they come? The cost is an issue too. I’m planning a 5-day trip for three people and am struggling to keep the cost under $5,000. For a SW fan who wouldn’t ordinarily vacation at a theme park, is SWGE going to convince them to spend that kind of money to go?

Mind, these are my own personal musings, and I am prepared to be told every way to Sunday that I am WRONG. So, my feelings won’t be hurt if I get flamed :) Personally, I can’t wait to see SWGE and experience everything. Only 257 more days to go!

We forget that "the" ride of SWGE isn't open yet. ROTR is the headliner for the new land. Imagine Pandora without FOP. My two daughters and myself spent 3 hours in SWGE, rode smuggler run 3 times, took photos, drank and ate some, and all three of us are ready to go back. Can't right now due to passes being blocked out. For us this land is twice the experience that Carsland is. On a side note can't wait for January 2020 as we will make it back to WDW for the first time in 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter