• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

Looks like you are really ready! I love your Animal Kingdom towel, it's so cute. I love all the characters on it.

Looks like you have it all under control. I hope getting your ME pass makes you feel better about that part of your trip.

My computer at home has been broken for a week now. So I'm using Don's slower than molasses (my old one) laptop. It's just not worth getting on the internet to try and look stuff up.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope you told Santa you need a new phone

Sorry, to hear about Blinky...
sounds like a great evening with John for a bday celebration!!!
love all the pre packing pictures....looks like you are getting in the vibe...
:dancer: it will be here before you know it :dancer:
have a great day!
:wave2: Connie

Oh April, I am so sorry to hear about your kitties. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

It sounds like John had a great birthday. Lucky guy!

Doesn't it make you feel like dancin' when you start getting your Mickey mail? I know it always makes me wanna do this....:banana:

It looks like you have got your stuff all in order. Now all you have to do is count down the days. They should go fast with Christmas and New Year's being thrown into the mix.

I only have a minute to post, so I wanted to say
:santa::santa:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
:santa::santa:

Looks like you are really ready! I love your Animal Kingdom towel, it's so cute. I love all the characters on it.

Thanks! I'm definitely not mentally ready for this trip. :laughing: I feel unorganized. I'm wondering if the security process will be different now, too.

Looks like you have it all under control. I hope getting your ME pass makes you feel better about that part of your trip.

My computer at home has been broken for a week now. So I'm using Don's slower than molasses (my old one) laptop. It's just not worth getting on the internet to try and look stuff up.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I hope you told Santa you need a new phone

Yikes! I hope you got your internet issues straightened out!

Sorry, to hear about Blinky...
sounds like a great evening with John for a bday celebration!!!
love all the pre packing pictures....looks like you are getting in the vibe...
:dancer: it will be here before you know it :dancer:
have a great day!
:wave2: Connie

I'm DYING for this trip. 17 days and counting! Well, Mr. Binkers pulled through- I swear that cat will outlive me! :rotfl:

Oh April, I am so sorry to hear about your kitties. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.

It sounds like John had a great birthday. Lucky guy!

Doesn't it make you feel like dancin' when you start getting your Mickey mail? I know it always makes me wanna do this....:banana:

It looks like you have got your stuff all in order. Now all you have to do is count down the days. They should go fast with Christmas and New Year's being thrown into the mix.

Hopefully work will fly by this week & next. No boss! :woohoo:

And Merry Christmas to you April. Hope your weather holds off so you can do everything you planned.

Ginny

The weather was not too bad- I got to every place I was supposed to go. :thumbsup2

ONE LAST MERRY CHRISTMAS TO A DEAR DIS SISTER

Ginny

Thanks! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! :santa:

So Christmas Eve went well. My Grandma liked the dvd & we all watched it. I got home at midnight to see this:
IMG_2028.jpg

She is such a sweetie. Christmas day was hectic. For my mom & me it was all food preparation. We took a break in the morning to open gifts. Isis has always loved to open her own gifts. My mom's dog, Gracie, just developed an enthusiasm this year....every gift I pulled out from under the tree- Gracie wanted it. It is pretty difficult to move aside a 120 pound dog when she doesn't want to move!!! :rotfl: These photos were from Christmas Day:
IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

I know some of you were wondering what John got me for Christmas- he seriously must have waited until the last minute because he got me this awful jewelry that I would NEVER wear in a million years. I can give him credit for at least getting something silver-ish. It was plastic & coated in silver-colored paint. TERRIBLE. And it was so big & clunky. I mean- he has seen the stuff I wear & should have an idea of what I like. I mean- he knows me SO well, that it makes me wonder why he got what he did. I was so disappointed. He has no time lately, either- it has been odd. I don't know what to do besides wait it out & see what happens. I mean- I'm a loner, so if things don't work out, I'm fine with being single. Sometimes it just stinks being disappointed by everyone all of the time when I try so hard to make people happy. :confused: Sorry for the pity party detour.

Well- my Grandmother got me the best gift! She got me the Keurig coffee maker. It makes 1 cup at a time, but it is SO fast. I love it!!!

IMG_2128.jpg

I got to see my cousin, Tim's little by, Hayden- he is such a cutie pie & SO smart! At one point while I was taking pictures of him, he pointed at me & said "Stop that!" :rotfl2: He was SO tired, but so well-behaved & quiet.

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

Someone at work sent me an "edible arrangements" basket on Christmas Eve. That made my day.

IMG_2756.jpg

I am SO ready to get away by myself. I need to do some thinking & I want to do some shopping!!!

Here is my color-coded spreadsheet:
jandining.jpg

17 Days...I really need this. I think I will be getting a new phone today, too. Mine keeps randomly restarting. :headache:
I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

The pictures of the dogs opening their gifts are hilarious! I love them.

Sorry about the icky jewelry, I hope everything works out between the two of you. :hug:

17 days! Yahooo!! I'm really ready. I need a vacation BADLY.

What fun for the puppies to open presents. Looks like they really enjoyed themselves. I got Sheri and Sandi a Keurig also. Sandi hasn't opened hers yet but we had fun with Sheri's on Christmas day. Mike does not like strong coffee so whatever we made he just made a second cup with the pod that was in it. It was perfect to him. My fav flavor was an Italian roast something. I like strong coffee.

Sorry about John and the jewelry situation. Who knows what will happen between you but you know you will survive and be just fine no matter what. You have a good friendship base and that is very important. We are here for you too.

Have a good work week.

Ginny

Morning April,

Did your grandmother cry when she saw the present? I know all of us Disers did.

I love the pictures of the dogs opening the presents. I think my favorites are the ones where they are laying in the mess that they made.

I'm sorry that you got crappy jewelry for Christmas. My husband does that every once in a while. He thinks he hasn't gotten me enough presents and he buys something random to "fill in". Hopefully, everything will work out for you.

I know that you are about ready to break into a dance since you are now just 17 days away from being at Disney World. I know I am .....:banana:

The pictures of the dogs opening their gifts are hilarious! I love them.

Sorry about the icky jewelry, I hope everything works out between the two of you. :hug:

17 days! Yahooo!! I'm really ready. I need a vacation BADLY.

Thanks! I think I am being overly sensitive since this is a rough time of year for me as it is. 16 Days today!!! :banana::cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

What fun for the puppies to open presents. Looks like they really enjoyed themselves. I got Sheri and Sandi a Keurig also. Sandi hasn't opened hers yet but we had fun with Sheri's on Christmas day. Mike does not like strong coffee so whatever we made he just made a second cup with the pod that was in it. It was perfect to him. My fav flavor was an Italian roast something. I like strong coffee.

Sorry about John and the jewelry situation. Who knows what will happen between you but you know you will survive and be just fine no matter what. You have a good friendship base and that is very important. We are here for you too.

Have a good work week.

Ginny

Thanks, Ginny! John loves the strong coffee, too- my mom likes weak coffee, and I like lemon tea the best. We are all totally different! :laughing: I ordered a box of coffee for everyone today, though. That coffee maker is the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Morning April,

Did your grandmother cry when she saw the present? I know all of us Disers did.

I love the pictures of the dogs opening the presents. I think my favorites are the ones where they are laying in the mess that they made.

I'm sorry that you got crappy jewelry for Christmas. My husband does that every once in a while. He thinks he hasn't gotten me enough presents and he buys something random to "fill in". Hopefully, everything will work out for you.

I know that you are about ready to break into a dance since you are now just 17 days away from being at Disney World. I know I am .....:banana:

OMG- My Grandma read the note out loud & everyone cried! I felt bad. She said she has watched the dvd several times so far. I made copies for everyone in the family, too. I'm so glad the enjoyed it. We did all sit & watch it Christmas Eve & we laughed a lot, too, so it was great.
I think I'm reading too much into the gift & I am overthinking everything. I just have to relax....easier said than done! :rotfl:
I am FREAKING OUT with excitement about the trip. I can't wait!!!!:jumping1:

16 Days to go! I can't wait!!! I keep checking the 10 day forecast on weather.com and it looks like the weather will be cool in January. I can still keep my fingers crossed for a heat wave, though, can't I? Oh, well...One thing I know for sure is that it will definitely be warmer than Massachusetts. :cool1:
I went to get my new phone yesterday & got the Palm Pixi.
Pixi.jpg

I just didn't want my other phone to die while I was away. It is really a big adjustment getting used to this new phone since I had the other phone for 2 years. I just hope I figure out more before I leave!
I ordered my 16gb sd card for my camera, too, so I can take 10 zillion photos & not run out of memory. I really wanted a new camera, but I have to settle for new tires instead. :rolleyes: Dang responsibilities!
I keep looking at the Yacht Club photos online & I'm a little worried that I will feel a bit out of place. I always feel that way in the Grand Floridian. I really am looking forward to being so close to EPCOT, though. I can't wait to browse the shops in World Showcase at my own pace. :yay:
Any suggestions for useful things to pack that I might forget?
I am going to try to post 2 "photos of the day" for the remaining 16. Here are #1 & #2:
101_0764.jpg

100_0512.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!

Glad you got a new phone. I'm slow about changes too. And I don't know how to read the books. That would make it so much easier.

Love the pictures. I'm excited 2 a day. You will be fine at the Yacht Club. People are just people April, they just have different faces. So just smile and be your friendly self and you'll be fine.

I know your grandma would love that dvd. That is an awesome thing to have done for her. We did one for my Mom one year but she didn't appreciate all the work that Don put in it for her and she never watches it. Her loss. It was great and Don worked really hard.

omg, the sun just came out. I'm so excited.

Have a great day. Getting a power cord for the laptop today to see if that fixes it.

Ginny

I love that picture of Epcot!

I feel like I'm forgetting things on my packing list but I can't figure out what they are. :confused3

Hey April,

great coffee maker...:thumbsup2

It looks like the dogs had a fabulous Christmas...:lmao:(have you seen Marley and Me?) I am the owner of mini Marley...:lmao:

I can't believe that your trip is so very close...

how excited you must be...:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter