• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Dopey 2017 Thread

Late to the party but L for me! I'm a little disappointed only because I had gotten myself a better half POT than the people I know running just the full in hopes we would be a little closer but with the wide range of corrals right around the 5:30 mark I got pushed back 4 more than them. Oh well I suppose, nothing to be done now but enjoy :)

I'll get all of my race info together soon I hope, thanks for doing all that @DopeyBadger!

Late to the party but L for me! I'm a little disappointed only because I had gotten myself a better half POT than the people I know running just the full in hopes we would be a little closer but with the wide range of corrals right around the 5:30 mark I got pushed back 4 more than them. Oh well I suppose, nothing to be done now but enjoy :)

I'll get all of my race info together soon I hope, thanks for doing all that @DopeyBadger!
I'm right there with ya! As others have told me L is for Lucky!

Here it is!

RACE - 5K
NAME - Sam
DIS'er name - sammykster
Costume/Clothing - undecided
Corral - ? possibly D based on past information
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Middle
Expected Pace - 12:00

RACE - 10K
NAME - Sam
DIS'er name - sammykster
Corral - ? possibly D based on past information
Expected Pace - 12:30

RACE - Half
NAME - Sam
DIS'er name - sammykster
Corral - L
Expected Pace - 13:00

RACE - Full
NAME - Sam
DIS'er name - sammykster
Costume/Clothing - undecided but will be running capris with a tank top of some undetermined design
Corral - L
Expected Pace - 13:30

Pro tip: My costumes are more bounding than elaborate/accurate. I go for the spirit of the character with pretty much just the colors, and maybe an accessory or two (like Mickey ears or something).

RACE - 5K
NAME - Bobby
DIS'er name - Chasing Dopey
Costume/Clothing - Christopher Robin (DW will be Pooh. Maybe w/ balloon.)
Corral - ? (DW is N, so I'll be with her)
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Late
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Middle to Back
Expected Pace - I think our crew is pretty much walking this one.

RACE - 10k
NAME - Bobby
Costume/Clothing - Mickey Mouse (DW as Minnie)
Corral - ? (DW is N, so I'll be with her)
Expected Pace - 15:00

RACE - Half
NAME - Bobby
Costume/Clothing - undecided (Maybe Darth Vader)
Corral - H
Expected Pace - 11:00

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Bobby
Costume/Clothing - Dopey! (green shirt & calves, gray shorts, purple hat)
Corral - H
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Middle
Expected Pace - Gametime Decision

I am running another guess my time prediction contest using my Dopey 2017 race times. Stop on by my journal for a free chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card. All rules and data points are contained within that post there. Please make the predictions in my journal if you wish to participate to reduce the clutter in other threads. This is just for fun among us friends, so keep it nice!

DopeyBadger's 2017 Dopey Challenge Prediction Contest

RACE - Goofy
NAME - David
DIS'er name - Tardisblue
Costume/Clothing - Undecided
Corral - D
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Back
Expected Pace - 10:30 - 11:00 for both. You'd think I'd be faster in D, but I'm going for survival and finish. See you folks in 2 weeks.

Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is "enjoying" their tapper. I have found something new to obsess over. SHOES! I recently bought a new pair and have put about 15 miles on them. How many miles do you guys usually put on shoes before you use them in a race? I plan to bring 3 pairs to be covered for all the races and if it rains. I feel comfortable sharing my crazy with you guys since I think most of us are over planners:

5k: 2nd oldest shoe
10K: New shoes
Half: Oldest Shoes
Full: 2nd oldest or new shoes if they're feeling OK

Note: none of my old shoes have too many miles that they're not good for a race but getting there.

Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is "enjoying" their tapper. I have found something new to obsess over. SHOES! I recently bought a new pair and have put about 15 miles on them. How many miles do you guys usually put on shoes before you use them in a race?

I put roughly the race distance on them. A few long runs is enough to break them in & make sure they'll be a good pair and won't cause knee or blister issues.

Is anybody putting together a spread sheet like we had last year that states how many original male and female perfect Dopeys there will be? I can't remember who made that spread sheet but it was flippen awesome!!

Is anybody putting together a spread sheet like we had last year that states how many original male and female perfect Dopeys there will be? I can't remember who made that spread sheet but it was flippen awesome!!

I don't know if you're referring to my spreadsheet or not, but I am tracking perfect Dopeys. There are currently ~907 (+/- margin of error), and I will update again after marathon weekend.

I don't know if you're referring to my spreadsheet or not, but I am tracking perfect Dopeys. There are currently ~907 (+/- margin of error), and I will update again after marathon weekend.
This is more than likely what I was talking about. Keep us posted please. Thanks and merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is "enjoying" their tapper. I have found something new to obsess over. SHOES! I recently bought a new pair and have put about 15 miles on them. How many miles do you guys usually put on shoes before you use them in a race? I plan to bring 3 pairs to be covered for all the races and if it rains. I feel comfortable sharing my crazy with you guys since I think most of us are over planners:

5k: 2nd oldest shoe
10K: New shoes
Half: Oldest Shoes
Full: 2nd oldest or new shoes if they're feeling OK

Note: none of my old shoes have too many miles that they're not good for a race but getting there.

Too funny - I was about to post this! The shoes I love are discontinued, but I found a version of my favorite style and ordered it three times (beginning in October) before Amazon finally sent the correct size - on Friday. I've only run three miles in them so far, but they are wonderful. I also plan to bring 3 pairs - oldest, 2nd oldest (for short distances and walking) and new.

5K: oldest shoe or 2nd oldest
10K: oldest shoe
Half: new shoes
Full: new shoes if they are feeling OK, otherwise oldest

The only reason I'm throwing these new shoes into the mix so late is that I've run in this style forever and it doesn't require break in. They are all 0mm drop with as little cushion as possible, so they don't feel much different as they age.

I have three pairs that i brought with me - pink (oldest), coral (middle) and teal (newest).

My shoe plan:
5K - coral
10K - pink
Half - teal
Full - pink

How many miles do you guys usually put on shoes before you use them in a race? I plan to bring 3 pairs to be covered for all the races and if it rains. I feel comfortable sharing my crazy with you guys since I think most of us are over planners:

Monday - 30 miles on Zealot Iso (Pair C)
Tuesday - 30 miles on Zealot Iso (Pair C)
5k - 50 miles on Kinvara 6 (Pair A)
10k - 30 miles on Kinvara 6 (Pair B)
HM - 50 miles on Kinvara 6 (Pair A)
M - 30 miles on Kinvara 6 (Pair B) OR 30 miles on Zealot Iso (Pair C)

Pair B is destined to be my Marathon race day shoe, but in case I'm not feeling it that day I'm bringing my Zealot Iso as a back-up plan. All of these shoes are in my "race shoe" category and are only trained with to gain mileage for races and then race only. Once a "training shoe" retires, then a "race shoe" moves into a "training shoe". So I've got several pairs of all types currently rotating. The training shoes have as many as 400+ miles on them right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter