OKW buildings 30-33 are occupied as of today!

Great thanks seashell. If you can get some up of the bedrooms etc also, but this is fantastic so far.
Not sure what to think of the bathrooms. The sink looks really nice, big Jacuzzi bath, but it looks a bit grey. Imagine it may look nice in real life- what's your impression?
I imagine many may not be happy with the removal of a lot of the colour.
You taking the time to do this is much appreciated.

Thanks for posting. Did they upgrade any of the furniture, or just recover the old stuff? Glad to see the big tub is still there. Did the ceiling fans remain or did the remove them?

http://s738.photobucket.com/user/seashell7290/library/

Let’s see if photobucket will work better. I have to say that this unit was super clean. This living room tv is very large and has hdmi hookup with DVD player. Furniture is very comfortable and jet tub is still present. Weather is really crappy so no patio shots until the rain lets up. Any questions just let me know and I’ll try to answer!

Thanks seashell what's the beds like - new?

The couch looks new.

They kept that crocodile coffee table? The dining table also looks the same. The cabinets have been in for 25 years.
The bathroom I like as a generic bathroom, with trendy grey scheme but it in no way invokes OKW.
I'm struggling to see why the project was delayed 6 months to refine designs. They installed a generic bathroom, fitted a bigger TV cabinet, replaced the countertops , looks like they refurbished some furniture. Basically I could have come up with this design in a weekend, but maybe I'm missing something. It's not that it looks bad though, it's a good spruce up.

Thanks seashell what's the beds like - new?

The couch looks new.

They kept that crocodile coffee table? The dining table also looks the same. The cabinets have been in for 25 years.
The bathroom I like as a generic bathroom, with trendy grey scheme but it in no way invokes OKW.
I'm struggling to see why the project was delayed 6 months to refine designs. They installed a generic bathroom, fitted a bigger TV cabinet, replaced the countertops , looks like they refurbished some furniture. Basically I could have come up with this design in a weekend, but maybe I'm missing something. It's not that it looks bad though, it's a good spruce up.
All the furniture is new and the beds are new I believe. But I agree it’s not earth shattering. The couches are fabric topped which is nice. I hate the plastic feeling furniture. And yes the coffee table is still around.

It looks like they took out everything with any color. We've been members since '94; one of the things we liked about OKW was the color scheme. This is blah looking.

Yeah, I really miss the color also. As I suspected, in my opinion, they've done away with the theme. BCV was rehabbed a couple years ago, and the new "design" looks virtually identical to this-beige and grey, muted colors, etc. But on the plus side, it looks like the wood in the laundry room is on a diagonal, and it really looked nice. Nothing looks bad, just not Key West themed. A few years ago, I saw a show about the real Key West for the first time. My initial thought was "Wow-that looks just like OKW!" Duh! Now, not so much.

Yeah, I really miss the color also. As I suspected, in my opinion, they've done away with the theme. BCV was rehabbed a couple years ago, and the new "design" looks virtually identical to this-beige and grey, muted colors, etc. But on the plus side, it looks like the wood in the laundry room is on a diagonal, and it really looked nice. Nothing looks bad, just not Key West themed. A few years ago, I saw a show about the real Key West for the first time. My initial thought was "Wow-that looks just like OKW!" Duh! Now, not so much.
The rehab at BWV is also without much color or theming. Seems like Disney is trying to look like every other hotel chain in the country. :(

Great thanks seashell. If you can get some up of the bedrooms etc also, but this is fantastic so far.
Not sure what to think of the bathrooms. The sink looks really nice, big Jacuzzi bath, but it looks a bit grey. Imagine it may look nice in real life- what's your impression?
I imagine many may not be happy with the removal of a lot of the colour.
You taking the time to do this is much appreciated.
I will get some more bedroom pics now that everyone is awake. The tub is stark white. My phone camera may have distorted the color.

Yes the tub looks white, it's the bathroom generally that looks grey. Thanks for your continuing info.

Looks pretty good. I like the idea of having highly themed resorts/common areas with rooms that are a little more subdued and modern. The recent renovations are taking it too far in the subdued direction IMO, but I get where they're coming from.

Thank you, seashell7290, for posting the pictures. Color scheme seems generic, not Key West-ish, but at least they left the major components that everyone likes, like the jetted tub. I don't mind 25 year old cabinets, as long as they are in good shape...it would seem wasteful to replace good cabinets. I may not be wild about the color scheme, but it could have been a LOT worse.

Last edited:
Also, thanking you seashell7290!

It is nice to see the renovations; I agree with everyone else--it's nice to have some new items but they could have added some color and design.

I guess the item I like the most is the new tile floor in the bathroom. Our last two trips to OKW involved some really poor and worn out tiled floors. There was no way to keep those floors clean.

That's the Beach Club, yes?

JK - I know it's the OKW resort. Once again DVC has gone with bland colors. Wow. And once again, it looks fine, it just could be anywhere. Tub looks nice.

It does look like beach club! I like the floors and fish pillows on the sofa. The nick nacks look like they have been taken out.

Gray is on the way out so this is already dated.

And I agree with previous posters...it is like the decorators have never been to Key West!

At least when they hopefully come to their senses in a few years it will be easy to paint back in the colors.

At least those fish pillows are really colorful ...........:rolleyes1

Thanks for the pics seashell !

Now just waiting for some refurbed studio pics from someone ...........anyone ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter