OKW buildings 30-33 are occupied as of today!

Gray is on the way out so this is already dated.
No...don't say that. I have 4 duplexes and a rent house all with freshly painted gray walls. ;)

Of course, Texas has never been known for bright colorful houses. Key West, on the other hand...

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Here’s what the server would let me post. I will try and resize the pics to get more up there
Do they still DVD players with the TV in the living room? My daughter loves to go get movies to watch at night!

NM - saw that someone posted it

Last edited:
Thanks BillPA - saw that after I posted - it seems like a simple thing but my daughter really likes to get the movies to watch at nice - one perk that OKW seems to still have that BCV took away - no DVD players in those rooms now!

I looked back through the pictures and have to say that at least they upgraded the bathroom pedestal sink with some counter and cabinet space.

This renovation is bland but I do think it has some more thoughtful additions than the latest BWV one. I was not a fan of the bright white bathroom floor tile there(which looks dirty after one use) and poor tile job in the kitchen (Can anyone say: Tile left over from some other job?).

Last edited:
That's the Beach Club, yes?

JK - I know it's the OKW resort. Once again DVC has gone with bland colors. Wow. And once again, it looks fine, it just could be anywhere. Tub looks nice.
Looks more like the Contemporary. They kept that gawdawful coffee table and the painted dining room table. And the chairs for the table are the same. I thought this was a 100% renovation? Tub looks the same. Laundry room is the same. Sofa looks awful.

I'm in Bldg 35 right now in a studio and the chairs are identical.

So what all buildings do they have complete now? Any idea if they are going with a certain direction in which buildings will be next?

How are the new sofa bed/sleeper chair beds?

I actually really like the new bathroom and the new sofa! I'm weird and don't mind the calmer theming of the resort rooms they've been going for, nice to get away from the sensory overload anyway.

Thanks for sharing! Have to agree that the design is pretty, but not "Key West" to me.

The rehab at BWV is also without much color or theming. Seems like Disney is trying to look like every other hotel chain in the country. :(

They have been going that way for awhile. Three years ago we were planning a trip down there and considered renting points at WL. DH was actually pushing for that one. After seeing pictures of the rehabbed units he said he didn't want to stay there anymore. It had lost almost all of its personality.

All of the recent rehabs are like that. They all look very nice. Clean lines, functional layouts and furniture choices, modern, and clean. It's just.....I can't tell I'm looking at a picture of a Yacht Club room when I see it. I would have never guessed these were picture of an OKW unit. There are some splashes of themeing left. The constellation curtains in YC springs to mind. I'm not saying they all have to look like Mickey threw up in them like the AofA rooms do (not that I would mine, those look awesome to me) but a bit more themeing so you could tell what resort you were at by looking in your room would be nice. These all look like a Holiday Inn Express to me. Not to disparage Holiday Inn Express it's just I want to stay at a Holiday Inn the night before our flight to go stay at Disney World and be able to tell the difference between the rooms.

Never been here yet, so I have nothing really to compare it to once we do arrive , comes July. But I highly doubt that these studios will all be completed. At least the ones that are located near the HH? right?

Never been here yet, so I have nothing really to compare it to once we do arrive , comes July. But I highly doubt that these studios will all be completed. At least the ones that are located near the HH? right?
No, you are correct, the refurbishment will not be completed by July. There has been no indication as to what order the buildings will be refurbished, so unknown when the HH area will have some buildings down.

No, you are correct, the refurbishment will not be completed by July. There has been no indication as to what order the buildings will be refurbished, so unknown when the HH area will have some buildings down.
ok Thanks...

http://s738.photobucket.com/user/seashell7290/library/

Let’s see if photobucket will work better. I have to say that this unit was super clean. This living room tv is very large and has hdmi hookup with DVD player. Furniture is very comfortable and jet tub is still present. Weather is really crappy so no patio shots until the rain lets up. Any questions just let me know and I’ll try to answer!
Thank you so much for posting some renovation pics! We r thinking of renting a Grand Villa week after Thanksgiving so I was curious to see what the decor looked like! We’ve never stayed there yet so weather we r lucky enough to get a renovated unit or not we will still be excited stating there!

Interestingly, I watched a program the other day where they were looking at houses in Key West. Every house had bright colors inside. They looked like the Old Key West villas USED TO look, sadly not now. A lot was made of the wood (I forget what it's called) that used to be on the walls in the villas also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter