One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen? 4/24 UPDATE

Prayers for courtneybelle and her boyfriend.

And for Lisa and your family too along with everyone else who has asked or not that need them.

I know that I haven't been posting much, but I have been reading and praying for all those that need it. I will pray for Courtney and her boyfriends family, unfortunately I know all to well what he is going through right now, even though it sounds like his dad was sick for a while it is still hard to not have them there any more. I am still having trouble with my dad not being here,

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them

Marilyn

I am glad Dis is finally working again, I miss my daily "visits" with everyone. All it takes is a few minutes catching up every day to make me know that no matter how bad my day has been, or how bad my health is that others have it worse and they keep on going to face another day, it is truly humbling! Reading about the trials and tribulations in everyone's life really makes me look at myself and tell myself that I really have nothing to complain about!

Prayers to all who have lost a loved one or friend recently, I hope everyone can have happy thoughts about that person's life and know that they truly are in a much better place.

Judy, glad to hear the skin scare wasent melanoma! What a wonderful treat Courtney sent. As always I loved the pictures of the kids. Sending prayers for those who need them and as always Judy you and your sweet family are in my prayers.

Judy - Checking in and praying that everything is going ok for you and your family!! Continued prayers for all that need them.

I do have to share a new milestone..... Sarah had her first ever sleep over last night and she did great!!! I did not get that dreaded late night phone call asking to be picked up!! Both the other mom and me couldn't have been more proud of her!! She was also so proud of herself that she did it with no issues!!! Makes me sad to realize that she's growing up and becoming such an independent little girl.

Judy, hope all is well with your family and that Lisa's neurology appointment was a good one. Praying for Courtneybelle, Marilyn, and the rest.

Elisabeth turned 10 on Saturday and we had some of her friends over for a painting party. It was loads of fun! I ordered the template and directions from a place online, and then traced it onto each girl's canvas (picked up a 7-pack at Michael's for $13 with my coupon - score!). They picked their own paint colors from my stash and had finished their pictures in about an hour. Then we set them up and had a little "art show" when their parents picked them up. I loved how different they all looked even though they all painted the "same" picture! It was definitely the favorite party theme I have hosted to date, and actually turned out to be the least expensive. It is sooo much easier to do birthday parties the older the kids get. Unfortunately, our camera has finally died, I think, and we didn't get any pictures of the art show. But it was such a blast and the girls all seemed to have a ton of fun.

It is a balmy 66 here today and sunny, but we are due for more snow tomorrow, just in time for me to drive into downtown Denver for an appointment. We joke that it doesn't matter what part of the year I have to go to Denver, it ALWAYS snows!

I've been reading and thought I should probably chime in and let you know I was here. I love reading about all your trips, I followed Lisa's MAW trip faithfully!!

What a friendship! I love, LOVE hearing about "real life" friendships!! Too often these days friendships are going by the way side... we are all so busy, and rely so much on social media (and don't get me wrong, I value each relationship, including the ones sustained online!), but to hear about that crossing over to real life is so special!

Can't wait to read more.
God bless you all!

Hi everyone, I am back in America! Thank you all SO much for your kind words about Lisa's gift and your prayers for my boyfriend's family. I really appreciate the support I have here :hug: It was tough being so far away but we are back together now and he is coping pretty well. Prayers for all who have asked!

I haven't been on the boards for a while. Judy, I hope all is well with your family. You continue to be in my prayers. Asking the Lord to sustain you with HIS joy! :goodvibes

I wanted to share a bit of good news. My mom is supposed to be coming home this week!! It is two months and 8 days since she originally went in. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Thoughts and prayers to you all.

I wanted to share a bit of good news. My mom is supposed to be coming home this week!! It is two months and 8 days since she originally went in. Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Oh, Michele, that is wonderful news! I pray she settles in well and doesn't have any more bumps on the road to recovery.

We are heading to Tucson on Friday to spend Spring Break with my Grandma and other family members. It's a 14-hour drive, but we are going to try to do it in one day. Fingers crossed we don't have any hiccups.

Judy, hope everyone is well. Courtneybelle, glad to hear you made it back safely. We are thinking of you all!

So happy that the hospital visits are hopefully coming to an end!!! Well expect for whatever appointments she has after coming home!! Such great news!!!

Oh Michelle that is great news!! Judy I hope all is well in your family! Prayers for all who are in need.

We are back from Tube Feeding camp! Ty conquered one of his fears! He rode a horse! It was guided by it's owner. The most touching thing happened. After he was off the horse they told him he could pet it. Well as he was petting it he had his head down. The horse put the side of his head up to Ty's and gave him a hug! Everyone in the arena let out a big "AWWW!!!" at the same time. He did enjoy it. He has had a fear of riding a horse since he was little.

cantwaittoseemickey..... that is the sweetest thing!! Animals sense our emotions and are so sensitive to them. I just love that, what a sweet time!!

pixiedust:

Hello, everyone!!! Been awhile since I've posted but been keeping up with everyone. So glad to hear of the successes that have occurred and prayers to all those who have asked and haven't asked. Update on DH....we are almost one year out from surgery. While I'd love to say he is pain free we know that will never truly happen. We are unsure if his SI joints are know causing him trouble or if the flex rod placed at L3 L4 above his fusion was not enough to protect that disc from needing fusion. We did injections last week and they are helping some. Will soon tell us if he needs another spinal fusion sooner than later.

Wanted to ask all of you if any of you have experience with lissencephaly. One of my sweet friends and her husband have a 3 month old that was diagnosed with lissencephaly at 3 weeks. Unfortunately, it is the worse type with a life expectancy of 2 years. They are the sweetest, kindest couple and it just breaks my heart to see this young couple having to go through this pain. It is their first child and they have only been married a year. She is reaching out to other lissencephaly families but as it is a rare disease, the list of those to talk to are few.

Thanks all!! Have a fantastic weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter