One became SEVEN?!? How did THAT happen? 4/24 UPDATE

TheBeesKnees (Iknow you have a name, just don't know what it is), I will pray for your sister, her baby, and the rest of the family. I can't imagine how scary this must have been.

I'll add my own prayer request too -- My mom (83 1/2) starts chemo on Thursday for a recurrence of ovarian cancer. She also has a mass on the pancreas but the doctors do not seem to feel they need to look at it or consider the fact that pancreatic cancer does not respond well to treatment. They are focused solely on the masses on the ovaries. Please pray that the right decisions are being made for her.

I hope all of you enjoyed a blessed Easter with family and friends. Today was dh's birthday but our Easter gathering was yesterday (gotta work around the married children's in-laws :)) so we had a quiet day today. Dh preached a great word this morning. To our surprise, one son that didn't come yesterday popped in this afternoon. I think it may have had something to do with the text I sent him that had the "leftovers" in it. But it was a blessing to see him.

Judy as you know I'm always here thinking of your family. Prayers for you always.

Judy, thank you for taking time to come and update us. I am sorry to hear that Lisa is having more medical issues. We think of you often and pray for your family. May you have a blessed Easter weekend together!

May I request prayer for my sister? She is 23 weeks pregnant and was rushed to the hospital last night in severe pain with vomiting. The ER doctors said it was due to a large ovarian cyst she's had for awhile that suddenly twisted. They wanted to operate immediately, but my BIL was uncomfortable with the surgeon on call (bad experience in the past with him) and so my sister's OB transferred her to UMass instead by ambulance. UMass has a NICU as well as several high-risk pregnancy surgeons, which their local hospital does not have. This type of surgery usually takes about an hour, but my sister was in surgery for 5 hours. The surgeon said the ovary had twisted around itself not once, but 3 times and strangled her tube. Normally, they can do it laparascopically and send the patient home the next day, but with a pregnant mom, it becomes much more complicated. They removed the ovary and tube and were able to avoid the baby (doctor said baby kept kicking away the whole time and it was pretty neat to watch!). Fortunately, she and the baby are doing well today, but they are keeping a close eye on her to make sure she doesn't go into early labor, as I guess that is the most concerning possible side effect of the surgery at this time. I am not sure how many days they will keep her at this point. She is having a lot of swelling in her face and feet and they want to make sure that is not an indication of a bigger problem, as well. My Mom said this afternoon that she is still having quite a bit of vomiting, but they think that is now due to the anesthesia, not the cyst. She has 3 other children (8, 6 &4) who are being hosted by various relatives at the moment...I so wish we lived closer so I could help out.

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend and that you all enjoy your Easter holiday with your families!

Prayers for you sister that everything goes well and she's able to go home soon.

TheBeesKnees (Iknow you have a name, just don't know what it is), I will pray for your sister, her baby, and the rest of the family. I can't imagine how scary this must have been.

I'll add my own prayer request too -- My mom (83 1/2) starts chemo on Thursday for a recurrence of ovarian cancer. She also has a mass on the pancreas but the doctors do not seem to feel they need to look at it or consider the fact that pancreatic cancer does not respond well to treatment. They are focused solely on the masses on the ovaries. Please pray that the right decisions are being made for her.

I hope all of you enjoyed a blessed Easter with family and friends. Today was dh's birthday but our Easter gathering was yesterday (gotta work around the married children's in-laws :)) so we had a quiet day today. Dh preached a great word this morning. To our surprise, one son that didn't come yesterday popped in this afternoon. I think it may have had something to do with the text I sent him that had the "leftovers" in it. But it was a blessing to see him.

Prayers for your mom!!

Pwdebbie, I've been praying for your Mom, and for you, too. It must be so frustrating when you want them to check on her pancreas and they don't feel it is necessary. I'll continue to pray for peace and wisdom for you all.

Thanks for the prayers for my sister. She was able to go home, and is now resting comfortably. Baby is still "cooking" and seems to be doing well, too. Her other kids are being taken care of through next weekend. Hopefully by then she will be allowed to go back to a more normal routine, although I know they said no lifting for a really long time. My Mom has my 4-year-old nephew this week (the girls are with their other grandparents) and I guess he is really giving her a run for her money! She sounded really tired when I talked to her this morning and said, "This is why God gives you kids when you are young - by the time you are my age you just can't keep up!"

We have one more weekend of testing with the psychologist for Ezra and then we will have a meeting with him to get the results. Ezra has behaved wonderfully for him, and then at home has been having HUGE meltdowns/trouble at school/wetting accidents/etc., since he started testing. It is pretty frustrating because I feel like the doctor isn't really seeing what he needs to for a proper diagnosis. Hopefully since he as been doing this for 35 years he will see past the office behavior and pick up on those other things as I try to explain it to him.

Judy, hope your family had a beautiful Easter and are doing well!

I hope everyone had a nice Easter! Ours was a small one compared to our past celebrations. My mom just isn't doing well. She is sleeping alot right now and just doesn't seem herself. She is having trouble getting her thoughts together. Her pet scan looked better but her tumor marker keeps rising. I am vey worried. And my heart is breaking. This morning I got a phone call from Ty at school. He had gotten his feeding tube hooked on the doorknob at school. I walked in to replace it and there he sat in the office so nonchalantly. lol He had pulled it out with water in the balloon and everything. The kid amazes me! I would have been in tears!:eek:

Pwdebbie if it makes you feel better the tumor on the pancreas is most likely a matastes of her other cancer and not pancreatic cancer so the treatment she is receiving should be beneficial. Prayers for her and you.

Judy - prayers for all your needs as well.

And for Ezra- prayers that the dr will understand him and have the wisdom to help him.

Thanks Tammie! :goodvibes

Appreciate the good wishes Rosie! :goodvibes

Amy, Thankful your sister went home! Praying the doc can see the big picture and help your family, I truly DO understand knowing there is a problem, but not knowing how to get the help you need! :hug:

Tink, no planned trip yet, but I can always start a PTR...I have certainly been blessed since Lisa's MAW trip!

Debbie and Tonya, praying for BOTH of your Moms, cancer is an ugly disease and it hurts families, as all chronic disease does. I am sorry!! :hug:

Sandra, thanks for never forgetting us! :goodvibes

Danygirl, your prayers are so welcome!:goodvibes

Our family can definitely use prayer, so THANK YOU to those who haven't forgotten us! Top of the list at the moment: Lisa for her heart and jaws, my foot and now my leg, for a VEHICLE!! Mine had to go in Monday and it caused a lot of problems since neither Pete, nor I had a car. Thankfully ($900 later) we have my van back!

We had a beautiful Easter, thank you to those who left Easter wishes for everyone here. :goodvibes

These are but a few of the 500 plus Easter Pics we took. I am so blessed to have children who love each other, enjoy simple fun, and family and friends to share this Holy Day with. My parents and brother joined us for dinner, as did one of Lisa's best friends and family (minus the Dad, who had to work). It was a HAPPY, drama-free day!

file_zpscf65324f.jpg

file_zpsf7865505.jpg

file_zpsf504e06f.jpg

file_zpsc2f1d792.jpg

file_zpsa8750ca4.jpg

Before I sign off, I want to wish my dear husband a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

How will he spend it? Working all day, then going with us to the Charlotte Rescue Mission after work so Rachel can perform with the Teen homeschool Praise Band and we can minister to the homeless. We will celebrate tomorrow night, when he gets home from work.

file_zps42ec7340.jpg

Love how your family is so close. Glad you all got to spend the day together. Happy birthday Pete!!

Judy, prayers for all the family's needs! Also praying for all the requests.

:dancer:party::bday: to Pete! :cake:

Have a great time blessing those at the mission tonight!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the children.

Pwdebbie if it makes you feel better the tumor on the pancreas is most likely a matastes of her other cancer and not pancreatic cancer so the treatment she is receiving should be beneficial. Prayers for her and you.

Thank you for that info. I didn't realize that having a mass on the pancreas could mean anything other than pancreatic cancer. Either my sister doesn't know it either or she just neglected to tell me. Mom had her first round of chemo today and said all went well.

It is so good to see pics of your family again Judy! What a blessing you all are to each other and to us.

Beautiful pictures, Judy! I am so glad you had a beautiful Resurrection Day with your family. We drove down to Colorado Springs and spent the afternoon with my niece and her husband. He does wedding photography and took some family pictures of us. I will see if I can upload a few (haven't done this in awhile!):
MPW140420SM_004.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MPW140420SM_008.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MPW140420SM_016.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MPW140420SM_025.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MPW140420SM_018.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I talked to my sister yesterday and she is sounding much better. Her kids will all be home tomorrow, but hopefully the worst of the recovery period is past for her and she can enjoy the rest of this pregnancy!

I hope Pete had a wonderful birthday! Continuing to pray for the needs mentioned here.

Judy I love the Easter pictures. I am sorry for all that you have to endure, I wish it could be easier for all of you. I hope Pete had a great birthday. It is just like your family to volunteer on a birthday. Praying for everyone.

Glad to hear Annabelle got her cast off! One of the little girls in the 2-year-old class got her cast off in the fall and it took her about a month to finally start walking properly again. She kept dragging her healed leg around like she still had the cast on it, so I think that must be normal. A cast that big must be heavy on such a little person and I bet it takes awhile to get used to having it off.

Thank you for this! It is really encouraging to hear.

It was 72 degrees here on Saturday and then yesterday we got 8 inches of snow - I just about cried. I am so ready for spring! We are supposed to get more snow on Thursday and then hopefully it will warm up for Easter. I feel bad for all these little girls who have their gorgeous new Easter dresses all covered up with winter coats and sweaters!

We started Ezra's evaluations with the psychologist this past week. Of course, he is cooperating and behaving beautifully with the doctor so I feel like he is not getting a true picture of what we have been dealing with. The doctor is going to think we are making everything up. The first day after testing, we left the office and got to the car where Ezra had a total meltdown/tantrum in the parking lot for no discernible reason. David looked at me and said, "Quick! Run back up and get the doctor so he can see this!" And I replied, "Hurry, get out your phone and record it so he can see it!" Sigh. I am really praying we will get a correct diagnosis but I am questioning if that will happen as long as he keeps cooperating! Poor kid has been having accidents at school and overnight recently, too, so I know something is up but I haven't got a clue what the problem is. I hope this doctor can get us some answers.

Judy, hope your family is doing well and everyone is staying healthy. We think of you often!

Praying for your son and that the doctors will see what you see.

I am keeping up with the prayer needs, so happy Annabelle has her cast off and I hope she will be walking normally soon!

Thank you for the prayers!

Everyone else who is praying for Annabelle, Thank you so much! She is improving slowly but we are talking it one day at a time.

praying for your mom!

Pwdebbie, I've been praying for your Mom, and for you, too. It must be so frustrating when you want them to check on her pancreas and they don't feel it is necessary. I'll continue to pray for peace and wisdom for you all.

Thanks for the prayers for my sister. She was able to go home, and is now resting comfortably. Baby is still "cooking" and seems to be doing well, too. Her other kids are being taken care of through next weekend. Hopefully by then she will be allowed to go back to a more normal routine, although I know they said no lifting for a really long time. My Mom has my 4-year-old nephew this week (the girls are with their other grandparents) and I guess he is really giving her a run for her money! She sounded really tired when I talked to her this morning and said, "This is why God gives you kids when you are young - by the time you are my age you just can't keep up!"

We have one more weekend of testing with the psychologist for Ezra and then we will have a meeting with him to get the results. Ezra has behaved wonderfully for him, and then at home has been having HUGE meltdowns/trouble at school/wetting accidents/etc., since he started testing. It is pretty frustrating because I feel like the doctor isn't really seeing what he needs to for a proper diagnosis. Hopefully since he as been doing this for 35 years he will see past the office behavior and pick up on those other things as I try to explain it to him.

Judy, hope your family had a beautiful Easter and are doing well!

Glad your sister is doing better but will continue to pray for her and baby.

Thanks Tammie! :goodvibes

Appreciate the good wishes Rosie! :goodvibes

Amy, Thankful your sister went home! Praying the doc can see the big picture and help your family, I truly DO understand knowing there is a problem, but not knowing how to get the help you need! :hug:

Tink, no planned trip yet, but I can always start a PTR...I have certainly been blessed since Lisa's MAW trip!

Debbie and Tonya, praying for BOTH of your Moms, cancer is an ugly disease and it hurts families, as all chronic disease does. I am sorry!! :hug:

Sandra, thanks for never forgetting us! :goodvibes

Danygirl, your prayers are so welcome!:goodvibes

Our family can definitely use prayer, so THANK YOU to those who haven't forgotten us! Top of the list at the moment: Lisa for her heart and jaws, my foot and now my leg, for a VEHICLE!! Mine had to go in Monday and it caused a lot of problems since neither Pete, nor I had a car. Thankfully ($900 later) we have my van back!

We had a beautiful Easter, thank you to those who left Easter wishes for everyone here. :goodvibes

These are but a few of the 500 plus Easter Pics we took. I am so blessed to have children who love each other, enjoy simple fun, and family and friends to share this Holy Day with. My parents and brother joined us for dinner, as did one of Lisa's best friends and family (minus the Dad, who had to work). It was a HAPPY, drama-free day!

Before I sign off, I want to wish my dear husband a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

How will he spend it? Working all day, then going with us to the Charlotte Rescue Mission after work so Rachel can perform with the Teen homeschool Praise Band and we can minister to the homeless. We will celebrate tomorrow night, when he gets home from work.

Prayers for you and your family Judy!!!! Beautiful family pictures! Glad you had a nice Easter. Happy Belated Birthday Pete!

Happy Belated Birthday to Pete!

Judy, I'm praying for Lisa and for you and that the vehicle situation gets resolved soon.

I know I'm not around much but you guys are in my thoughts often.

I'm dising this morning from an odd place. A two bedroom lodge at Big Cedar Lodge in Branson. Remember the wonderful ministry I told you about that took John on the hunt? By the way I have some new info on them for you. Anyway, they called a few days ago. Apparently someone had booked a non refundable vacation here with their timeshare and then couldn't take it so they donated it to the ministry. Guess who the ministry gave it to?:) The catch was that we had to leave almost right away. It took some do ing and I was totally stressed on the way down but wow was it worth it! This place is quite amazing. Totally different but still almost as good as Disney. I know I know that's a bit like heresy on these boards:lmao: but it's the only way I can describe it.The lodge looks like a classic hunting lodge which of course thrills John and Jonnie and the grounds are gorgeous with lots of activities to do.The only part that saddens me is that Tessa and Paige were locked into a prior commitment to visit someone for the whole week and couldn't come with us. They are having fun though so I am just trying to enjoy this.

As always I loved, loved, loved the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter