Possible new annual pass promotion coming

Yes. You can always do a ticket exchange at guest relations. In this case, it's an even exchange. But it shouldn't be any problem at all.

What's the story here?

They did that pathetic "25 year" ticket promotion last year...now they're rolling out a dvc deal way better and farther Inadvance than you'd expect....

And didn't we expect an AP increase this fall? I sure did...

And a 7 day stretch for two trips? Or for potentially months for a Florida res? Unheard of.

What's going on with bookings? Something is up.

@ScubaCat, first use of the DVC discounted Platinum Plus tickets doesn't have to be until December 31, 2018. Does that not work for your NYE 2018-19 trip?

My question is if I buy the discounted Platinum pass do I have to renew as a Platinum, or could I go back to a Gold at renewal?

does this mean anything for renewal of AP?? we purchased ours Setember 2016 so we missed the 13 month by a few days...do we get a discount on renewal platinum or anything or do we just buy new?

does this mean anything for renewal of AP?? we purchased ours Setember 2016 so we missed the 13 month by a few days...do we get a discount on renewal platinum or anything or do we just buy new?

When you renew (if you renew) you'll get the 13 month term on the renewal, as long as you renew before October 1 (or is it October 3? Can't remember). I think that to get the big discount on the Platinum Plus you have to buy new - which is a little less than $90 more than a renewal Gold pass.

When you renew (if you renew) you'll get the 13 month term on the renewal, as long as you renew before October 1 (or is it October 3? Can't remember). I think that to get the big discount on the Platinum Plus you have to buy new - which is a little less than $90 more than a renewal Gold pass.
yes we want to renew but do we get a discount on renewal for the platium pass?

What's the story here?

They did that pathetic "25 year" ticket promotion last year...now they're rolling out a dvc deal way better and farther Inadvance than you'd expect....

And a 7 day stretch for two trips? Or for potentially months for a Florida res? Unheard of.

I think they are trying to encourage direct sales.

What's the story here?

I think it's a defensive move against Universal's Volcano Bay.

I think they are trying to encourage direct sales.

That could be...but is that gonna do it?

I bought for $77 a point...a one time discount on a ticket is gonna get me to hook on $176 a point?

No...but we're now floating into OTHER problems. Have sales been soft? I haven't noticed/paid attention to any monthly reports...

The CM on the phone told me the renewal price would be $505.88 (includes the tax) for the Platinum Plus AP if you renew by Jan. 3. So it's the same renewal price of the Gold price.

Wow! That just helped decide my renewal approach. I was going to hold off a few months after our AP's expire on December 5th but this will save our family of 5 a fair chunk over $1000. Just hoping that the 13 month deal gets extended further as October 1st is before my 60 day renewal window opens by a handful of days.

Would a limited entry waterpark require such a move?

Disney doesn't really value its own water parks...think they'd sweat anyone else's?
Yes, because there is a tipping point where people would buy the AP at Universal. This move is much cheaper than creating a new water park or investing in the current water parks. Why would a Disney AP holder venture over to VB if they can go to a closer water park for free? Also, the DVC AP Members tend to be "cruise directors" for their guests, so if you get the "lead guest" to go to the water park, they may bring several paying guests with them.

Yes, because there is a tipping point where people would buy the AP at Universal. This move is much cheaper than creating a new water park or investing in the current water parks. Why would a Disney AP holder venture over to VB if they can go to a closer water park for free? Also, the DVC AP Members tend to be "cruise directors" for their guests, so if you get the "lead guest" to go to the water park, they may bring several paying guests with them.

I see the loss of market share being a huge issue for them...I'm not sure that leads directly to waterpark/volcano bay but it might.

The interesting twist is it's dvc...which (with Florida residents who also have great dvc numbers) are the loyal backbone of wdw customer base. And that's just it: it takes a lot to p!ss us off...but they have really crushed us the last 10 years or so and we've taken it. While the stupid shell game of the dining plan played and the hotels all have been jacked up for "kohl's pricing" package discounts...we've gotten crushed by all the ancillary increases...

And don't forget the point costs are outrageous and they have put themselves close to no mans land now.

So what's specific about dvc now that they are doing what are pretty good ticket deals for dvc now when it's been a few years?

As one suggested: they could be trying to mitigate a pre-star Wars lull...that's possible.

It's a rare "win" for the marines on the picket line (figuratively speaking) though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter