Prayer requests

My DH graduated from Georgia State University this past May. He has been looking for a job since then. So far he has been on several interviews. We haven't heard for sure from two of them. One was with an Insurance company and one was with the Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT).

The DOT says they may not be able to hire anyone since the state may put in a hiring freeze.

DH has been sending out resumes and networking at special events sponsored by the University but hasn't had a job offer yet. He is hoping to interview with Home Depot this week.

Please pray he gets a job offer soon. This has been really hard on us. It has been a dream of his to get his bachelor's degree and we are so proud that he has it.

Thanks for your prayers. I will include your concerns in my daily petitions also.

Several people have told us to go to Cosco and apply. But he cannot work a 10hr day job, then another 9 overnight. When would he sleep and when would we see him? there are sacrifices coming but not his health.

My DH graduated from Georgia State University this past May. He has been looking for a job since then. So far he has been on several interviews. We haven't heard for sure from two of them. One was with an Insurance company and one was with the Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT).

The DOT says they may not be able to hire anyone since the state may put in a hiring freeze.

DH has been sending out resumes and networking at special events sponsored by the University but hasn't had a job offer yet. He is hoping to interview with Home Depot this week.

Please pray he gets a job offer soon. This has been really hard on us. It has been a dream of his to get his bachelor's degree and we are so proud that he has it.

Has your son looked into Federal DOT? usajobs.gov

Thanks for your prayers. I will include your concerns in my daily petitions also.

Several people have told us to go to Cosco and apply. But he cannot work a 10hr day job, then another 9 overnight. When would he sleep and when would we see him? there are sacrifices coming but not his health.

this is the life we live, kind of. DH is on the road 45-50 weeks a year with his job. We see him on the weekends when he is not traveling abroad. He just started a new job and they hope to get him off the road a little but they are still in the process of finding people to hire. They are super picky so it takes forever! LOL

How did your DH's second interview go??? I hope he can find work soon!

Hi y'all. Can y'all keep my dad in your prayers? He was diagnosed with skin cancer today. They caught it very early, so the cure rate is 98% which is so encouraging. I worry by nature, so needless to say I am not handling it well.

Man Ashley. Hugs and prayers to Dad.
My friend, broken leg lady, had a skin cancer removed from her face a few months ago but is doing really well. I hope they can get it all on dad and run out and buy the highest SPF rated sunblock there is!

Thanks BAMB- it is one of the most treatable kinds of cancer so I am very optimistic. It's just the initial shock of it all. Mom already said that sunscreen is going on his side of the sink so he will remember it every day. He has been a runner for 35 plus years and I don't think he ever wore sunscreen.

hugs ashley! it's good that they caught it so early. i'm a worry wort too! so let me do it for you. no sense in both of us worring. :hug: :flower3: you have to think positive. i promise to keep him in the thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Holly! My mom is being surprisingly strong- she's usually like me. I think she was so worried that they wouldn't have caught it in time that it was going to be worse than it is.

Hugs Ash!!! We've had this in the extended family too and they are all doing well.. it was caught early... But I will definitely add your family and especially dad to the extra prayer list!! :hug:

A bit of good news- my Dad met with the dermatologist and surgeon today and they are going to remove the cancer as outpatient surgery. And he won't need to meet with an oncologist at this time! Thank yall again for your prayers and support!

I don't normally ask for myself, but I'm having surgery on Monday (only minor and under local anaesthetic) but the control freak in me is wondering how I'll cope afterwards with my right hand out of action - no cooking, no scrapping, no doing anything really!

So I need a little calmness and the common sense to take things slowly afterwards - neither of those come easy to me :blush:

Thanks ladies

:hug: Mazda! I completely understand your need to be in control- prayers and pixie dust that everything goes well on Monday!

Thanks - I feel better already. Shame you're all so far away or you could come and make me cups of tea as well;)

That would be so much fun- I wish all of us DIS friends lived closer to one another.

mazda i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. i'm sure it will all go well! but make sure to rest the hand. let your boys cook for you!!!

I've rearranged DH's shifts specially- for the first wek he is on early so he can come home and cook, but the next week is half term so he's late shift (so we acn sleep in) and DS(15) is going to cook. He acn cook fahita and bolognese...... so guess what we're having :rotfl: anothe reason to wrok out the crockpot - DH can load it in the morning and DS(15) can dish up at night :thumbsup2

But the litchen may get covered with stuff - DH is good at loading the diswasher (and washing up by hand) but how come he never knows where to put anything?:confused3 he manages to find it if he wants to use it:rolleyes1

Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter