Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

I'm worried about that too. That was my first thought when I heard they were gutting a classic ride for a meet and greet spot. DL's Princess Fantasy Faire is horrible. We took DD (4) to DL last summer because we wanted her to see the Aladdin show before it was gone (thank goodness they changed their mind on that one...for now). The only things she didn't like about DL, was there was no Epcot and it was too hard to meet Princesses. She is absolutely princess crazy, and she stood in line for a couple of minutes at Fantasy Faire (an hour long line on a non-busy day), and then said she wasn't even interested in waiting if she could not even know who she was going to see. She couldn't understand why they were all in one place, and why she could not stop and see others in different places around the park. I much prefer the way they have it at WDW now with Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora in the tent, and others scattered around the park.

And to make matters worse........ Princess Fantasy Faire doesn't open until an hour after the park opens. Which means that if you want to avoid that HORRIBLE line, you have to give up at least half of that first precious hour of park touring time. It's just a terrible setup.

I can see how the rotation thing makes their live easier from an operations standpoint. But they need to get that this makes life very difficult for some guests.

And if Rapunzel and Tiana are in the mix, it's the equivalent of combining all those lines together. Now I know they have ways of making that line move faster that they don't have at Princess Fantasy Faire (because at PFF it's an outdoor covered setting behind a wall.... no secrets there!) but if they go with the rotation thing........ it's still awful.

That's really your line? Anyone who isn't livid about the closing of SW is not a fan? :rotfl:

What comes after SW? Stitch? Sounds Dangerous? That Pumbaa and Timon movie in the Land pavillion?

I don't like SW and am not at all livid. Still a fan.

Why are you lumping those gawdawful attractions in with Snow White? (Okay, I enjoy Circle of Life for campy reasons). But really and truly?

If you consider Sounds Dangerous and Stitch to be of the same ilk as Snow White, you don't deserve a membership card. Absolutely ridiculous. Roll your eyes, laugh and enjoy the ignorance.

. Heck, I don't even like what they're doing with Dumbo. I can ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets, or the Triceratop spin with a minimal wait..... if what I want is a spoke and wheel ride. For me, it has always been about the view FROM Dumbo.... and the fact that it was the quintessential Disney attraction, nestled behind the castle in Fantasyland. I think that won't be the same with it over in what is now Toontown.

I 100% agree with this. DD's (4) only interest in Dumbo is that it is right in the middle of Fantasyland. She much prefers Aladdin's Magic Carpets as far as the ride itself. For those who talk about Snow White being a dated movie (which personally I think it is an absolute classic and DD loves it), try Dumbo. I'm sure there are someone's kids on here who love Dumbo, but I haven't known a kid that was very interested in the movie or the character himself. DD would much rather fly on a magic carpet. DD isn't even interested in riding Triceratop spin (she deems it "stupid because Triceratops don't fly"). I really think that with Dumbo moved out of the center of Fantasyland, she is not really going to be interested in riding it anymore. I know that it will lose the allure for me. It is going from a time tested WDW classic, to just another amusement park ride.

She couldn't understand why they were all in one place, and why she could not stop and see others in different places around the park.

We went to DL in 05, 06 and 07. The first 2 years we LOVED the princess meet & greets. They came out at predictable times outside at various points around the castle. Even if you weren't getting line you could see all the little girls waiting excitedly in line to see them. It was sweet. Then in 07 they had PFF going. YUCK. They are hidden away, and it's impossible to find who you want. Oh.... and the line is WAY long and moves insanely slow.

I do understand that FL is too hot most of the year to do that. But I do wish they hadn't messed it up at DL. We were back this past summer and it was just as bad.

Heck, I don't even like what they're doing with Dumbo. I can ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets, or the Triceratop spin with a minimal wait..... if what I want is a spoke and wheel ride. For me, it has always been about the view FROM Dumbo.... and the fact that it was the quintessential Disney attraction, nestled behind the castle in Fantasyland. I think that won't be the same with it over in what is now Toontown.

while i disagree with you about SWSA (i'd just rather see it left alone or become a new dark ride versus a M&G hey! put back in Mr. Toad here!), i do agree with you on this one. Dumbo has magic because it flies over Fantasyland. there is just something special to being right there at the center and flying behind the castle. i think moving it takes away most of its magic.

DD is excited about the queue part of it though. so. um. i guess that's a plus.

will Ariel be near her ride? that's what i had assumed.

i also think it's odd that they mention only Cinderella, Aurora, Tiana and Rapunzel. so, does that mean Snow White will be elsewhere? i think they should put her in the cottage with a few of the dwarves.

i also think it's odd that they mention only Cinderella, Aurora, Tiana and Rapunzel. so, does that mean Snow White will be elsewhere? i think they should put her in the cottage with a few of the dwarves.
She was supposed to have a cottage, as was Aurora... they both bit the proverbial pixie dust...

WHAT?!? It's true ... You DO learning something new every day on the DIS.

Granted, this was the same attraction that terrified me back in 1978, but IMO, it's such a Disney World classic. I've grown to love Snow White's Scary Adventures over the years. It's my "must do" attraction on every visit. Crazy as it may sound, I feel that I haven't "done" the Magic Kingdom properly if I don't include Snow White (Along with Peter Pan and a slew of other attractions).

Dang. Someone cue "Taps". :sad1: Is there a petition we can sign? A letter we can write?

Dang. Someone cue "Taps". :sad1: Is there a petition we can sign? A letter we can write?

I don't know. And history tells us that we don't have a fighting chance. A large percentage of "fans" right here on the DIS don't seem to care much for the attraction. So if you don't have the so-called diehards, you don't have much.

I am heartbroken.

while i disagree with you about SWSA (i'd just rather see it left alone or become a new dark ride versus a M&G hey! put back in Mr. Toad here!), i do agree with you on this one. Dumbo has magic because it flies over Fantasyland. there is just something special to being right there at the center and flying behind the castle. i think moving it takes away most of its magic.

I'm sure the new Dumbo will have a lot of traffic when it first opens. But I'm curious to see if it has staying power, or will lose its star power in the new location.

I'm thinking she will be by her ride in her fin again. But I don't know if I'm assuming that or heard it somewhere. Anyone know what they are doing at DCA? That ride is opening this year. She hasn't been out in her fin in some time there either.

This ride is my first memory of WDW back in the early 70's. I remember riding this with my little sister.

I love to ride this with my DH and children (who are teenagers). I'd hate to see it closed.:sad1:

I am disappointed in the news, I hate seeing SWCA closing. I think what bothers me is that the proposed M&G is going to cause alot of parents, and children.. frustration.. I can see the future promotion... 2013, Let the Frustrations Begin!

What ever happened to keeping things simple? Various characters at various spots for M&Gs?

I would hope that there is some announcement of which princesses are available.

My DD11 is not happy as she has loved Sleeping Beauty since she was a toddler. She feels Aurora got screwed in this deal. And I tend to agree with DD.

All I can say, is I will reserve judgment until all of this expansion is completed and up and running. I just hope and pray that the people making these decisions really think of things from the child's point of view! After all, that is what it's all about!!

My DD11 is not happy as she has loved Sleeping Beauty since she was a toddler. She feels Aurora got screwed in this deal. And I tend to agree with DD.

:thumbsup2 Cindy got the raw end of this deal too. She has the castle and all.... but nothing beyond that. No attraction, nothing. And Sleeping Beauty has the same problem at DL.....well at least in DL they did put a walk through in the castle showing scenes from her story. Beyond that? Nada. Zilch.

... So while we too will miss SWSA...... I don't think there's any way they intended to keep TWO Snow White attractions. I doubt that was ever on the table. Not when the other 2 headliner had nothing going.

I too am reserving judgment. We still like DL too, so if I need a fix of the classics, I'll find a way to head west again. What's a few thousand more miles on the mini-van??? At least there's stuff to see on the way west. Driving east? Not so much.....

Here's the problem with that one. They are at least doubling Dumbo's capacity, and from the drawings it looks like the new Dumbo will have maybe twice as many ride vehicles as the classic which would triple the capacity. They are taking away the allure of Dumbo by moving it to the edge of the park, rather, than having it in the center of Fantasyland with the amazing view. Beyond the time period where everybody wants to see it once because it is new, I don't see there as being much of a wait time, and I don't foresee the kids having any time to actually do the things in the queue. We were there at MK on a slow day the week after Thanksgiving, and as neat as the new Pooh queue is, it was nothing but a nightmare for the parents that day, because the line was moving too fast for the kids to have any time to look at and play with all the things. I guess since Dumbo is not a constant mover, there should at least be a short stationary time to play during a ride cycle, but I don't see that area working out the way WDW thinks it is going to. I think you are going to see people losing interest in Dumbo, as I think the main draw is that it is an absolute classic that the parents rode on as kids, and that reminds them of the center of Fantasyland.

I also saw a rumor (no clue if it is true) that this Dwarves coaster, is going to be 2/3 an outside roller coaster and only 1/3 actually inside in the "mine" itself. I don't see it as being a telling of Snow White's story, like the classic ride. Rather, I'm worried it is going to be nothing more than a standard kid roller coaster with a couple of animatronic figures thrown in during a tunnel, and with cars that swing as it is going around a supposed fast curvy track, I don't see this as being a ride that everyone can ride either. It sounds like it will be pretty jerky. They are replacing a dark ride that people of all ages and in all types of physical condition can ride (one of the major selling points of Disney as opposed to a standard amusement park is that they have attractions that everyone can do, and have "experiences" more than rides"), with one that is simply another roller coaster which is not for everyone. I'm guessing this one will probably wind up with a height requirement too.

She was supposed to have a cottage, as was Aurora... they both bit the proverbial pixie dust...

i don't think Ariel was supposed to have a cottage. Cinderella was supposed to have a chateau though. i thought she was supposed to be in an area near her ride. i'm going to assume that she will remain since it doesn't seem that her or Belle's plans have changed.

i think we should reserve judgment on the coaster until we see it. i mean, people are already assuming things about it. it looks bigger/longer than Goofy's. i have a feeling it will be more in line with Big Thunder than Goofy. but that's just my assumption, based on nothing in particular. and my children ride Big Thunder and have been since they were pretty young. i don't consider it a big, scary coaster at all. i do consider it family-friendly.

i just hope they do the expansion right. i hope they don't rush through and make something mediocre out of something potentially great!

Ugh. I'm not one to embrace change anyway -- but to see one of the rides I consider a classic go away makes me incredibly sad. :sick:

I think Snow White needs updated (animatronic?) and I love the Jungle Cruise but wish Disney would update it too. If Disney needs to dump a ride - dump Stitch or the Indy Cars. My daughter loves the Indy Cars but I have had "near brawl" experiences with TGLC's (tour group line cutters) - sooo - my daughter and DW do this ride...

Hey Marty Joe from a fellow Lafeyette person :wave2:

I would agree with dumping Stitch and the Indy Cars, but we all have our favorites and would be damaged forever if they ever got rid of some of my favs!!!

Hey Marty Joe from a fellow Lafeyette person :wave2:

I would agree with dumping Stitch and the Indy Cars, but we all have our favorites and would be damaged forever if they ever got rid of some of my favs!!!

I agree 100% with the Indy Cars. And I'm still getting over Mr. Toad. I've never seen anyone come back from Disney lauding the speedway/whatever it's called now.

I am actually hoping they set the princesses up like they do at the Epcot picture spot. As long as the princess are the same that would work, if it will be a guessing game there will be ALOT of disappointed kids!!

I think this was the second ride for us on our first family trip. It'll be sad, but we'll still have our memories & some new things to check out when we get to go back (whenever that will be).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter