Snow White's Scary Adventure Closure

I am VERY HAPPY about this news!! Snow White scared the you-know-what outta me as a kid and I've never liked it since!! I'm 30 years old and it still freaked me out a little the last time I rode!! Thank you Disney for updating to a mine ride - I can't wait to see it!!

Disney is constantly changing and evolving, and at times I've been sad about closings - Horizons - I still love Disney and respect their decisions and still go to the parks and enjoy my vacation!!!

Leave it alone. What makes a classic a classic? I can't believe WDW would stoop to this level. I wonder when they will take "Disney" out of Disneyworld? I really think the original rides should stay in. I mean a classic is when you can say that your parents rode that ride, you rode this ride, and your children can ride that same ride. HISTORY, NOSTALGIA. This is what makes Disneyland so special. C'mon WDW let's get back on track. Dark rides rule!

You mean the park where they tossed The Country Bear Jamboree to the curb? Progress will always compete with nostalgia. Was The Mickey Mouse Review a better attraction than Philharmagic? Was Space Mountain better when riders had to literally sit on each other's laps instead of having their own seats? While there is some value to riding the same rides as our grandparents, at some point, the grandchildren grow up and are the ones controlling the purse strings. I am sure that Disney has 'market-studied' this to death and concluded that most guests under the age of 40 (who do not post on this board) have little use for the ride. Heck. 45% of the people who have responded to the "should it close" poll favor closure. If 45% of die-hard Disney fanatics and nostalgia jockeys think it should close, imagine what percentage of the general public want to see it go.

I'm so sad! That ride is my younger son's absolute favorite. We ride it over and over, on every single Magic Kingdom Day, on every single trip.

When we talk about our next trip and what each of the boys wants to do first, my younger always says that Snow White is the one he wants to ride first.

I will be very sad to lose it!

Oh Billy, this is just ridiculous. And I think you know it.

We're not talking about Space Mountain. Or Pirates of the Caribbean. Or Haunted Mansion. Or any of the other classic rides in the park that has a large guest turnover.

I get that this is a classic ride. I do get that. But the Magic Kingdom, as all of the parks, are always changing and evolving as they should be. Making room for other things, that very well could be more popular. Will this bring people to the park? No. But did Snow White's Scary Adventures?

But to say that if you're not livid about this you're not a Disney fan? Excuse me while I roll my eyes so hard they roll out of my head and bounce down the hallway. :rolleyes:

No, it isn't ridiculous. Make sure your hallway is ready for bounce-off. What does guest-turnover have to do with my disgust? My outrage? If you can't recognize the inanity of replacing this attraction with a meet and greet, let your eyeballs roll. This is where I draw a line in the sand.

But to say that if you're not livid about this you're not a Disney fan? Excuse me while I roll my eyes so hard they roll out of my head and bounce down the hallway. :rolleyes:

No, it isn't ridiculous. Make sure your hallway is ready for bounce-off. What does guest-turnover have to do with my disgust? My outrage? If you can't recognize the inanity of replacing this attraction with a meet and greet, let your eyeballs roll. This is where I draw a line in the sand.
That's really your line? Anyone who isn't livid about the closing of SW is not a fan? :rotfl:

What comes after SW? Stitch? Sounds Dangerous? That Pumbaa and Timon movie in the Land pavillion?

I don't like SW and am not at all livid. Still a fan.

I'm sad to see it go... but very happy for the mine coaster! I think SWSA is a great location for the princesses - but do wish they'd keep SWSA and move princesses elsewhere. Where, I don't know. I think they do belong in fantasyland.
But SWSA is one attraction that never has that long of a line and maybe isn't the most thrilling of rides - but still it's a classic and we love it! We enjoy the simplicity of it - just as we enjoy Pooh.
I wish it would stay and get the mine coaster also. But if have to have one or the other, then yeah, I think the mine coaster will prove to be way cooler and a much better attraction.

What does need to get the boot is Stitch's Great Escape.

And gotta add, I'm still very upset 20,000 leagues is gone. Was my favorite ride - just thought it was so cool and wish I could take my kids on it.

a little off topic... but what else is going in Toontown now? double Dumbos, rethemed Barnstormer... but what else? Pixie Hollow isn't happening, right? So what's going there in place of that?

Leave it alone. What makes a classic a classic? I can't believe WDW would stoop to this level. I wonder when they will take "Disney" out of Disneyworld? I really think the original rides should stay in. I mean a classic is when you can say that your parents rode that ride, you rode this ride, and your children can ride that same ride. HISTORY, NOSTALGIA. This is what makes Disneyland so special. C'mon WDW let's get back on track. Dark rides rule!

Too scary? Have we all not seen or had our children watch all of the old Disney movies? Scar, Malificent, Jafar, Judge Frolo, Evil Queen, Ursula, Hook, Evil Stepmother and others are what make Disney so special. Good vs. Evil. Good winning.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! If the classics are outdated...update them, dont get rid of them!!!! When I was little Mr.Toad was my favorite ride, Im still upset I cant take my kids on it. They have more than enough room, add rides- dont replace the classics. Boo!

But they're not. They lost it to a mine coaster.

i don't see it that way. they are taking an attraction/ride and making it a M&G.

i even said i would rather they use it for a different dark ride than a M&G. i hate to lose an attraction, especially a classic one. they could bring back Mr. Toad and i'd be happy.

i don't see it that way. they are taking an attraction/ride and making it a M&G.

I just really don't think they had any intention of keeping TWO Snow White attraction/rides. So the decision was made to close Snow White and put in a Mine Coaster. WHERE those things are located is really immaterial. Snow White was not closed to "make room" for a M&G. Snow White was closed because they were putting in a newer updated Snow White related attraction/ride.

FWIW....... We'll miss SWSA too. And I'm not above traveling all the way to the west coast to experience it along with some other classics as well. Heck, I don't even like what they're doing with Dumbo. I can ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets, or the Triceratop spin with a minimal wait..... if what I want is a spoke and wheel ride. For me, it has always been about the view FROM Dumbo.... and the fact that it was the quintessential Disney attraction, nestled behind the castle in Fantasyland. I think that won't be the same with it over in what is now Toontown.

Another rumor I've seen floated around is the following:

Dwarf mine ride rollercoaster created in FL expansion;
SWSA closes for a temporary princess M&G;
Temporary princess M&G replaced by Pinocchio Daring Journey;
Princess M&G gets permanent home at old Skyway station.

Hey I like that idea!! :thumbsup2

I wish they could have added something from Tangled with Rapunzel into the expansion. My sons and daughter all loved this movie. It seems like the movie was generally well recieved, and not just a flash in the pan. I'd think they could have made a great stage show out of it. Maybe they should replace Beauty and the Beast at the Studios? We like that show too, but it is old.

I wish they could have added something from Tangled with Rapunzel into the expansion. My sons and daughter all loved this movie. It seems like the movie was generally well recieved, and not just a flash in the pan. I'd think they could have made a great stage show out of it. Maybe they should replace Beauty and the Beast at the Studios? We like that show too, but it is old.

I think before they make a permanent attraction, they need to see if the movie has staying power over time.

I'm so sad! That ride is my younger son's absolute favorite. We ride it over and over, on every single Magic Kingdom Day, on every single trip.

When we talk about our next trip and what each of the boys wants to do first, my younger always says that Snow White is the one he wants to ride first.

I will be very sad to lose it!

That is what my nephew said as well. We rode it for the first time ever while we were there in December. It was nice that the baby could ride as well.:)

I asked her what ride she wants to go on first. She said Peter Pan, then Snow White.

... So I guess it still has an audience. Not everything at Disney has to be for the rollercoaster set :thumbsup2
ITA. If you are looking for thrill rides, go to IOA/UO or DHS. MK is not, should not, and hopefully will not ever be heavy on thrill rides.

SWSA is one of the must-dos for DS as well. He's 4 and is over the moon with that attraction. Heck we had a fortunate run in with the Witch Hag at MNSSHP just after getting off SWSA. I considered it a good luck charm on our trip! :laughing:

I think SWSA is a great location for the princesses - but do wish they'd keep SWSA and move princesses elsewhere. Where, I don't know. I think they do belong in fantasyland.
The girls have to go somewhere. Their current home is about to be razed... There were talks of the elaborate M&G areas, but those ideas got scrapped. The only place left would be the Skyway platform, but my assumption is that they want to keep the girls inside, and refurbing that area would just be too much.

... just as we enjoy Pooh.
[not all of us like Pooh... I prefer Toad]

What does need to get the boot is Stitch's Great Escape.
Truer words have never been spoken!

And gotta add, I'm still very upset 20,000 leagues is gone. Was my favorite ride - just thought it was so cool and wish I could take my kids on it.
It broke down too much and the load/unload was almost as bad as Dumbo. Talk about a ride that creeped some people out!

a little off topic... but what else is going in Toontown now? double Dumbos, rethemed Barnstormer... but what else? Pixie Hollow isn't happening, right? So what's going there in place of that?
Pixie Hollow bit the [pixie] dust. The new things will be Beast's castle + food areas and gift shop, Little Mermaid ride, Mine coaster, double Dumbo, and the rethemed Barnstormer. If there's anything else, it's a surprise!

IDK if I believe they would do something with Pinocchio. I assume that something would have been done by now. I mean, at least you can MEET Pinocchio... where's the love for Bambi?? :confused3

I can't believe the conversion of SWSA would be temporary. If they are going to make it a hall and have given it a name, I doubt it will change.

I wish they could have added something from Tangled with Rapunzel into the expansion.

... I'd think they could have made a great stage show out of it. Maybe they should replace Beauty and the Beast at the Studios? We like that show too, but it is old.
Rapunzel and Tiana will get a permanent home at the Princess Hall. Right now, they have temporary set-ups outside. I consider this their official lateral move to permanent status.

I think the idea behind a Tangled stage show has great merit. I'm not wondering if they'll transfer the Alladin show stuff from DCA and put it here somewhere.

BTW... has ANYONE heard if/where the Mouse houses are going to be moved or are they going to find a new home in the pet cemetary as well?

Truer words have never been spoken!

This was in reference to Stitch's Great Escape.

There is very little that gets a unanimous vote here on the DIS. But I think ditching Stitch would be pretty close. What WERE they thinking?????? It got bad reviews out of the gate! We went that first year it opened hoping for something fun for our little Stitch fan. YIKES! It was awful!

Rapunzel and Tiana will get a permanent home at the Princess Hall. Right now, they have temporary set-ups outside. I consider this their official lateral move to permanent status.

You know.... it just occurred to me....... Any of you ever been to Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland in search of your little one's favorite princess (or yours)? I SURE hope they don't model this new Meet & Greet after the way they do it there. They rotate princess characters through there all day with little rhyme or reason, and you have NO idea who you will see until you walk behind the wall and SEE who's there. If you have a little Cinderella fan who's trip just won't be complete until you see her it will drive you absolutely NUTS. You can wait through an hour plus line only to find that your daughter's favorite princess just left, and they won't tell you when (or if) she'll be back. It's sort of like trying to see a specific fairy in the current Pixie Hollow (Other than Tink, who has typically been a pretty safe bet).

So did I read that right...... are Rapunzel and Tiana also going to be here? That's an AWFUL lot of princesses. I can really see that set up as a rotation, but I hope they make something predictable.

This was in reference to Stitch's Great Escape.

There is very little that gets a unanimous vote here on the DIS. But I think ditching Stitch would be pretty close. What WERE they thinking?????? It got bad reviews out of the gate! We went that first year it opened hoping for something fun for our little Stitch fan. YIKES! It was awful!
Stitch is terrible. I sent DH with DS last trip. He came out of that ride very upset with me. :littleangel:

:rotfl2:

You know.... it just occurred to me....... Any of you ever been to Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland in search of your little one's favorite princess (or yours)? I SURE hope they don't model this new Meet & Greet after the way they do it there. They rotate princess characters through there all day with little rhyme or reason, and you have NO idea who you will see until you walk behind the wall and SEE who's there. If you have a little Cinderella fan who's trip just won't be complete until you see her it will drive you absolutely NUTS. You can wait through an hour plus line only to find that your daughter's favorite princess just left, and they won't tell you when (or if) she'll be back. It's sort of like trying to see a specific fairy in the current Pixie Hollow (Other than Tink, who has typically been a pretty safe bet).
No, I have not but :scared1: if that's the case. I hope they keep a similar formula to what is there now, though technically, you are never 100% guaranteed of which princess will be behind the curtain! I guess they figure if you want to meet a specific person, a character dining experience will be in order... :rolleyes:

So did I read that right...... are Rapunzel and Tiana also going to be here? That's an AWFUL lot of princesses. I can really see that set up as a rotation, but I hope they make something predictable.
Yup, they said "princesses like Tiana and Rapunzel" - that can only mean one thing if they feel they need to address them specifically. That would leave Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, Cindy, Jasmine, Tiana, and Rapunzel. Belle, in theory, will be at Beast's castle... and does Jasmine actually EVER meet at MK other than Adventureland and Ariel, in theory, will be near her ride. That leaves 5 girls for the hall - not too shabby of a character score.

I'm worried about that too. That was my first thought when I heard they were gutting a classic ride for a meet and greet spot. DL's Princess Fantasy Faire is horrible. We took DD (4) to DL last summer because we wanted her to see the Aladdin show before it was gone (thank goodness they changed their mind on that one...for now). The only things she didn't like about DL, was there was no Epcot and it was too hard to meet Princesses. She is absolutely princess crazy, and she stood in line for a couple of minutes at Fantasy Faire (an hour long line on a non-busy day), and then said she wasn't even interested in waiting if she could not even know who she was going to see. She couldn't understand why they were all in one place, and why she could not stop and see others in different places around the park. I much prefer the way they have it at WDW now with Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora in the tent, and others scattered around the park.

No, I have not but :scared1: if that's the case. I hope they keep a similar formula to what is there now, though technically, you are never 100% guaranteed of which princess will be behind the curtain! I guess they figure if you want to meet a specific person, a character dining experience will be in order... :rolleyes:

Yup, they said "princesses like Tiana and Rapunzel" - that can only mean one thing if they feel they need to address them specifically. That would leave Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, Cindy, Jasmine, Tiana, and Rapunzel. Belle, in theory, will be at Beast's castle... and does Jasmine actually EVER meet at MK other than Adventureland and Ariel, in theory, will be near her ride. That leaves 5 girls for the hall - not too shabby of a character score.

At DL they also throw in Fairy Godmother and Minnie dressed as a princess.

Can you imagine a little Rapunzel fan trying to find her specifically? Honestly, that rotation thing is AWFUL.

The current setup in Toontown isn't 100%, but last I knew, the wait time sign had a picture of which princesses you would see when you went back. They NEVER did that with the fairies. And they definitely don't do that at DL. I sure hope they continue that practice with the new setup in Fantasyland. At Disneyland, home of Sleeping Beauty castle, the ONLY way to be sure of seeing Sleeping Beauty, would be to book a meal at Ariel's Grotto over at DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter