The Bachelorette

What is so "frustrating" to understand that he needs more time.

I honestly don't think that is what frustrated her. I think she saw his change in character weeks earlier and was reacting to it.

I still think Peter's mother even had direction from the producers. Her way of going on about Peter ready to be a father, yes - husband, not so sure was bizarre to me.

Rachel even mentioned the place she first felt it, weeks back. Same place I did. And I believe that's where he told that bizarre story about his ex and how he was responsible for her tears. I have no clue why she kept him so long.

Sometimes people don't understand why they are struggling with something in the moment. I honestly saw her over and over engagement comments (which I began to find annoying as well when so much time was on that :goodvibes) as knowing something was off with him and couldn't really understand why she was feeling so much - such confusion with him. And thought it was that issue.

Last edited:
OT -

There was a short reality show up here with Jillian, former Bachelorette. She does Love It Or List It - Vancouver but had a short series about her fiance and birth of her son. Anyway, she openly stated that they sign a contract that they can never sell their Neil Lane engagement rings - she had it with her.

Did anyone else catch the comment by Rachel and Bryan about where they might live? (Currently, she's in Dallas, and he's in Miami). Those places were mentioned as possibilities, but also LA. Both of them have been bit by the fame bug. LOL. Neither of you are that special. The biggest mistake people make on this show is assuming that people are interested in them once the show is over. The couples who are successful IRL are those who go on with "normal" life....the rest of them fail.

I give this one 6-9 months, tops.

Rachel & Bryan were on GMA. I guess she was making sure to be in good with killer mom! She said (the night they parted ways) that Peter HAD said he was ready to propose and that she said goodbye to him BECAUSE she had already made up her mind that he was not the man for her! :rolleyes1

I did find it interesting that both Rachel & Bryan agree that Alex should be the next Bachelor! I'm just glad they didn't announce Eric or Peter as the next Bachelor! It's a little more believable when they choose someone who hasn't just professed undying love for the Bachelorette!

I caught the Los Angeles reference last night too. I guess once you taste fame, it's hard to go back to your previous life. :confused3

So how many months do we give this relationship?!!! :rotfl:

Rachel & Bryan were on GMA. I guess she was making sure to be in good with killer mom! She said (the night they parted ways) that Peter HAD said he was ready to propose and that she said goodbye to him BECAUSE she had already made up her mind that he was not the man for her! :rolleyes1
That's not going to be enough to save that relationship.

THANK GOD she saw thru Peter and ran!!!!!!
What a total man-child and commitment phobe... Even using the words 'terrified'... and 'What is wrong with me....'
He will pull a 'Brad' if they are crazy enough to name him the next Bachelor.

While I am still not seeing it with Bryan, he does seem to be pulling it together and making an effort.
Don't know if it is good acting, or if he really is moving forward from Psycho-Mom and Playboy days. (talking about where he and Rachel will live, soon, to start life together)
Still.... UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

She said that after the last big drama-scene separation, that Peter had 'reached out to her'.
Maybe when he did that he did try to indicate that he might be ready to propose.
TO BAD!!!!! She had already come to her senses and saw who he was and what life with him would be like.

He is stone-cold and self absorbed.
Never any physical contact unless it was forced/initiated by her or the producers.
Never one bit of joy.

He is about as much fun as a root canal!!!
I have now coined a term for such anxious and self-absorbed and negative people like him.
Root canal people!!!!

I HATED the format of the finale. Hopefully, they only did it because they had to accommodate Rachel's family earlier and won't do that again.

I never really cared for Peter. Eric grew on me as the season went on and I seriously thought that he would be #2 instead of Peter.

I haven't seen last night's show yet-I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. But no ATFR? I just assumed that, when it recorded 3 hours, it was a 2 hour show, and a 1 hour ATFR. Did anyone notice the lack of smoochy, lovey romance last week? Maybe there was some last night, but I noticed last week that no one seemed overly romantic. I was hoping for an ATFR, so we'd finally get to see them trying to sit in each other's lap.

I liked her all season and now I can't stand her. She was just awful to Peter.....I think because she knows he spoke the truth to her that night. She'd rather have a mediocre life than wait for the right person to propose. What is so "frustrating" to understand that he needs more time. And the fact that she still can't understand it is even more frustrating to me! Peter is still so clearly in love with her. Hopefully, after she was so awful to him, he can move on. She's clearly still bitter that he didn't propose.

She did not look into Bryan at all at the proposal. How could he possibly watch that breakup scene & really believe that she is in love with him? Bryan is also way more goofy (not in a good way) than he seemed on the show.

Agree, she was awful. There was no excuse for how she spoke to Peter. Up to that point she was one of my favorite bachelorettes. All along she seemed very analytical which made sense because she is an attorney. How can anyone KNOW that someone is the right person when they have hardly spent any time with them, AND they were dating other guys at the same time. Peter was the only one making any sense. He was exactly right about her. She wanted a ring at all costs, not the man. Not sure Bryan cares if she is really in love with him. Could be wrong, but I get the impression he is bitten by the fame bug. Just wanted to win. I give it 6 months.

Just wanted to add that she wasn't giving any new information. He openly said he would propose and she said she didn't want him to do it. And left. And never made contact with him again.

Agree, she was awful. There was no excuse for how she spoke to Peter. Up to that point she was one of my favorite bachelorettes. All along she seemed very analytical which made sense because she is an attorney. How can anyone KNOW that someone is the right person when they have hardly spent any time with them, AND they were dating other guys at the same time. Peter was the only one making any sense. He was exactly right about her. She wanted a ring at all costs, not the man. Not sure Bryan cares if she is really in love with him. Could be wrong, but I get the impression he is bitten by the fame bug. Just wanted to win. I give it 6 months.

This is not directed at you - only pasting since you liked her previously - but I believe Rachel was triggered by his bringing his flip flop show to the after show once again. They were having a mature and half decent conversation at first, under the circumstances. And then something changed. She had an exact trigger point and I believe this was it -----

Peter sat there and suddenly said something to the effect of "as I watched you walk away I knew that I wanted you for life". WT H? Why even say that at this point? I really think she was emotionally reacting to it. Who wouldn't? And if he did feel that he had the ability to find her that night. So once again WT H?

If someone did that to me I would have an issue trying to stay emotionally quiet. It is much different than Eric saying he will always love her. And since she had dated men like Peter maybe she was remembering how many had said "I loved you so much" "you were the one" after they broke up. People do that. Men do that. So it could have been beyond Peter, the emotional trigger.

Also, don't forget she had already had him try to contact her after the show ended as well. So that was a lot to take in.

Peter actually said something to the effect of this on their last date "I'm just not sure this love is lasting or for life". So that was one of the last memories she had of them.

I'm sorry keep that to yourself or just leave. I am all for honesty but that's not necessary - he already covered the gist by saying he wouldn't be proposing so why add that? I seriously would get up and walk away from anyone who said that to me. No matter how much I loved them.

Broken record but I truly believe Rachel would have dealt with the lack of proposal if she didn't find it so hard to trust him with his feelings being so hot and cold. And absolutely incongruent during one short conversation for crying out loud.

Last edited:
If some man ever told me that being with anyone else would be 'a mediocre life'...
OMG, my jaw about hit the floor.
I would act just as angry and cold as Rachel did!!!

And, ohhhh, the poor baby felt 'attacked'.

Don't know how so many here do not see right thru to who Peter really is....

Cold, evasive, maniopulative, immature, and very self-absorbed...

Last edited:
Oh, wow! Even though I haven't seen it yet, and I know who she picked (I knew I would if I clicked on this thread), now I want to run in and watch it. Sounds like so much drama, I can't wait!

Just wanted to add that she wasn't giving any new information. He openly said he would propose and she said she didn't want him to do it. And left. And never made contact with him again.

I saw the show last night. This was different. Her exact words this morning were: "You see the emotional breakup that Peter and I had and he WAS ready to propose, but at that point I knew that he wasn't the one for me and it was really important for me to not have 2 men standing up there at the end."

I just feel that her comment that "at that point" she knew is disingenuous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter