The Bachelorette

I saw the show last night. This was different.

After you stated that she was being disingenuous earlier, I watched the interview. Had it on tape. I simply saw it differently. I did think she decided that he wasn't for her. He did say that he would propose and she decided that she didn't want that from him at that point, knowing that he was so against it.

Anyway, apparently that lovely conversation was actually three hours long. :rotfl2::rotfl: I can't even imagine. I was done with it within minutes.

Last edited:
Oh, wow! Even though I haven't seen it yet, and I know who she picked (I knew I would if I clicked on this thread), now I want to run in and watch it. Sounds like so much drama, I can't wait!

Don't get too excited Simba's Mom. :laughing: ;) It is beyond irritating in parts.

I thought Peter mentioned last night that he wanted to go after Rachel but wasn't allowed to when he was questioned about it.

I do not think that her comment was disingenuous at all.
I think that she decided that, after all, she knew that wanted a man who actually WANTED to commit, in some way.
Not only after being coerced by her spending three hours crying her eyelashes off.
I think that she decided that she needed to spend the rest of her life with a man who would never make such a self-absorbed narcissistic statement such as, if you don't choose me 'you will have a mediocre life'.
I think that she decided that she did not need a man who expected her to give everything, so that they could 'date', and he didn't have to give anything back.

I don't know if anyone could call Rachel 'stupid'.

I thought Peter mentioned last night that he wanted to go after Rachel but wasn't allowed to when he was questioned about it.

From what I have heard, he 'reached out to her' after the separation, but she did not agree to see him again.
At that point, she had made up her mind.
She had cried and begged and pleaded the whole way for him to open up and make some type of commitment. To get that stone-cold response, again and again. (Like she had experienced in previous relationships.)

I think she finally realized what her life would actually be like with him.

From what I have heard, he 'reached out to her' after the separation, but she did not agree to see him again.
At that point, she had made up her mind.
She had cried and begged and pleaded the whole way for him to open up and make some type of commitment. To get that stone-cold response, again and again. (Like she had experienced in previous relationships.)

I think she finally realized what her life would actually be like with him.

Oh, okay. I must have heard it wrong. They were talking about the break up and if Rachel was hoping that he would come after her when she left, then Peter was asked about going after her, etc, and I guess his answer just left me thinking that maybe he wanted to that night but was not allowed to.

I think things might have been different if Peter understood what a Bachelor 'engagement' really meant. I think that he was putting too much in store into the whole idea of an 'engagement' when what it really means is: 'let's date!'. Rachel tried to tell him they were really on the same page about not wanting to get married tomorrow but the she just wanted the assurance that marriage was an option.

I have not seen a lead so unhappy at an ATFR show since Jason dumped Melissa. I feel sorry for everyone involved. I think Peter was the true match ... and I think all 3 of them know it.

I got the impression that Rachel really wanted to be with Peter, but was afraid of his lack of commitment and also to go through this whole process and not being engaged at the end. So she settled for Bryan because his feelings were polar opposite of Peter's, which is ultimately what she wanted. I find it odd that the public flamed Ben for saying "I love you" to both Jojo and Lauren, yet Rachel said it to Peter while they were parting ways. Everyone felt bad for Lauren having to experience that afterwards, but no one has mentioned how Bryan is taking that.

I don't blame for Peter for not wanting to be engaged just yet. I think Bryan was more interested in the "winner" title and would have had the same feelings and reaction regardless of the woman in the role of "Bachelorette". Perhaps Peter went on the show open to the idea that he could fall in love and be ready to propose, and then he just wasn't there yet with Rachel. Just because you become a finalist in a few weeks time doesn't mean both parties in the relationship are ready for the next step. I thought his points were valid and give him credit for staying true to himself.

All of this said, when Peter point blank asked Rachel whether he was the man she wanted to be with for life, she said she couldn't answer that. Had she said yes, that may have swayed Peter. Who knows. I also found it odd that when he said that he would sacrifice and propose if that would make her keep him, she said she didn't want that because she knew it wouldn't be genuine. I respect her for not agreeing to that. But by not agreeing to that, there were no other options then.

Rachel said on Inside Edition (or one of those shows) that she didn't want any of her men to be the next Bachelor. That she felt possessive of them and that they should pick a guy from Jojo's season. Spoiler sites guess that Peter is the front runner, but the show is waiting until after Bachelor In Paradise to see who the stand-outs are, which is how they chose Nick last year. It's looking like Wells is back on BIP for a third time (yawn) and Robbie has been popping up a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's vying for the spot too. They should go back to Luke!

I got the impression that Rachel really wanted to be with Peter, but was afraid of his lack of commitment and also to go through this whole process and not being engaged at the end. So she settled for Bryan because his feelings were polar opposite of Peter's, which is ultimately what she wanted. I find it odd that the public flamed Ben for saying "I love you" to both Jojo and Lauren, yet Rachel said it to Peter while they were parting ways. Everyone felt bad for Lauren having to experience that afterwards, but no one has mentioned how Bryan is taking that.

I don't blame for Peter for not wanting to be engaged just yet. I think Bryan was more interested in the "winner" title and would have had the same feelings and reaction regardless of the woman in the role of "Bachelorette". Perhaps Peter went on the show open to the idea that he could fall in love and be ready to propose, and then he just wasn't there yet with Rachel. Just because you become a finalist in a few weeks time doesn't mean both parties in the relationship are ready for the next step. I thought his points were valid and give him credit for staying true to himself.

All of this said, when Peter point blank asked Rachel whether he was the man she wanted to be with for life, she said she couldn't answer that. Had she said yes, that may have swayed Peter. Who knows. I also found it odd that when he said that he would sacrifice and propose if that would make her keep him, she said she didn't want that because she knew it wouldn't be genuine. I respect her for not agreeing to that. But by not agreeing to that, there were no other options then.

Rachel said on Inside Edition (or one of those shows) that she didn't want any of her men to be the next Bachelor. That she felt possessive of them and that they should pick a guy from Jojo's season. Spoiler sites guess that Peter is the front runner, but the show is waiting until after Bachelor In Paradise to see who the stand-outs are, which is how they chose Nick last year. It's looking like Wells is back on BIP for a third time (yawn) and Robbie has been popping up a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's vying for the spot too. They should go back to Luke!

It just amazes me that Rachel wanted a iron clad commitment from Peter, but she couldn't tell him she wanted to be with him for life. I don't blame him one bit.

My thoughts exactly on Luke!

Won't be Luke. Apparently he is a bit of a horn dog and was playing lots of women simultaneously after his run on the show. It was make DeMario look like a beginner. LOL.

Saw Peter on GMA yesterday...
Just SO obvious why he made those comments in that yearbook.
He was just absolutely relishing that moment in front of the spotlights... Coming out, handing out roses, taking selfies, mugging for the camera.
He was NEVER 'on' like that with Rachel.

Dude doesn't want a wife.
Is a commitment-phobe.
He just loves the idea of being 'famous'.

Think about it....
If he is just so personally uncomfortable with thinking that one can make that kind of commitment after a few weeks... The, why else, except for the whole 'being famous on the Bachelor' thing, did he EVER sign up for this. Because, DUHHH, like, this is what the whole show is 'theoretically' about. (We all know that being famous and being a part of the franchise is the true reason 90% of these people do this.)

I still can't see how SO many people are fooled/deceived.

If he were to be the next Bachelor, I will be one of the first to predict that is ALL SERIOUS AWFUL TEARS AND DRAMA. (just like this season with Rachel)
And, in the end, he pulls a 'Brad'.

Yes, but Peter will create a great show. He will be all concerned about whether he's able to "commit." He will "fall in love" with at least two women, and it will change to "how can I commit to one of them....I love them both equally." And, the women will be all "I want to give him my whole heart, but am worried he won't be able to give his back to me." Great drama. Great show. ABC would love it. They don't give a rats *** whether the couples are ACTUALLY successful. That seems to be irrelevant to them. They want a show. They are so going to choose Peter. LOL.

Saw Peter on GMA yesterday...
Just SO obvious why he made those comments in that yearbook.
He was just absolutely relishing that moment in front of the spotlights... Coming out, handing out roses, taking selfies, mugging for the camera.
He was NEVER 'on' like that with Rachel.

Dude doesn't want a wife.
Is a commitment-phobe.
He just loves the idea of being 'famous'.

Think about it....
If he is just so personally uncomfortable with thinking that one can make that kind of commitment after a few weeks... The, why else, except for the whole 'being famous on the Bachelor' thing, did he EVER sign up for this. Because, DUHHH, like, this is what the whole show is 'theoretically' about. (We all know that being famous and being a part of the franchise is the true reason 90% of these people do this.)

I still can't see how SO many people are fooled/deceived.

If he were to be the next Bachelor, I will be one of the first to predict that is ALL SERIOUS AWFUL TEARS AND DRAMA. (just like this season with Rachel)
And, in the end, he pulls a 'Brad'.

I suppose everyone who goes on a reality show is interested in fame to some degree. But I'm not fully convinced Peter is trying to parlay his Bachelorette notoriety into this Hollywood career now, not like other past contestants have tried to do. Peter hasn't moved to LA or lived in LA, his Instagram bio is one of the few that doesn't reference "Bachelorette contestant", he has no Twitter or Snapchat. He seemed genuinely perturbed by everything on the live stuff from the finale. I still believe that he went on the show just for the fun of it and maybe his 15 minutes of fame, but kept an open mind when it came to finding love. It's clear he grew feelings for Rachel, but not the head over heels type of love that Bryan portrayed. Perhaps Peter thought it was possible to catch those feelings in the short amount of time with the right woman, but wasn't feeling it with Rachel by the end. I can totally see how someone, in their tight time frame, can develop feelings for a person and want to say with them, yet is not ready to propose. But being open to the possibility of that at the beginning. And we all know how much editing plays a part in it all too.

I think Bryan is actually more guilty of being fame hungry. He came into the season guns blazing, setting out to win before he even knew a thing about Rachel. He said and did all the right things to win it seems. He even said on the live part of the finale that LA is on the table as place for them to live together, which shows he's interested in pursuing other opportunities as a result of this. There's a lot of contestants you never see or hear from again once their season ends, and then there's the ones who try to stay relevant. I think Bryan will be one of those people, and it will be interesting to see what route Peter takes, especially when they make the announcement of the next Bachelor!

Yes, but Peter will create a great show. He will be all concerned about whether he's able to "commit." He will "fall in love" with at least two women, and it will change to "how can I commit to one of them....I love them both equally." And, the women will be all "I want to give him my whole heart, but am worried he won't be able to give his back to me." Great drama. Great show. ABC would love it. They don't give a rats *** whether the couples are ACTUALLY successful. That seems to be irrelevant to them. They want a show. They are so going to choose Peter. LOL.

SOOOOO True!!!!

It doesn't matter to me whether any contestant wants their 15 minutes of fame or more. Any one going into that kind of reality show should understand that the likelihood of any real chance of marriage is pretty slim. Put into that situation most are confusing infatuation with love, it reminds me of high school. I don't see anything wrong with Peter not wanting to propose at the end, I don't see anything wrong with no proposals at the end. I know that they are probably pressured for them to make "good" tv but just choosing a final girl/guy is enough for me, I don't have to see a proposal.

So true, Kirby!
But, Rachel was The Bachelorette... Her decision... She made it very clear from the very beginning that a proposal, of some kind, was what she was looking for.

And, about watching that tape back from ATFR....
Her reaction and facial expressions and obvious body language was nothing but 100% genuine. OMG....
"Keepin' it 100... Keepin' it real..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter