The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I know you were expecting it to go in Pigeon Forge. Looks like it gave you a few bonus miles.

j

View attachment 516338

New toy, wow is it nice. Can am Defender. Rides smooth, and is quick.

Not mine personally, it is our new one for work, replaces an old polaris.

Oh Lord! I had to whip my laptop so DH couldn't see the screen. He wants one of those so bad! He keeps saying how we NEEEEEED one for around the property. Nope, our place isn't the Ponderosa, we don't need to 'ride the fences'.

We are back! We survived the hurricane......because we didn't go to the beach! So Friday morning we saw the weeks forecast for the hurricane. Of course that meant we would likely be told to evacuate on Saturday or Sunday, and might not return till Wednesday or Thursday. So Friday morning we started calling from Lynchburg, VA, to Ashville, NC and finding nothing available. I finally said let's call around Pigeon Forge, TN. We lucked out with finding two spots available from Sunday the 2nd through the 8th at The Ridge Outdoor Resort. Arriving a day later than originally planned yet we figured we could work with that and booked the sites.

Then we went looking to see if we should still leave on Friday or just leave Saturday morning. The search for an overnight spot started and our friends we were traveling with found a cozy and quiet little campground at Fort Chiswell RV Campground. The sites where nice, shaded and level and the pool was pretty good, we hit the road through Fridays rain and got there and settled in for the night.

We enjoyed the quiet downtime, pool time and more while at Fort Chiswell, then Sunday we left for Pigeon Forge. The drive was nice and pretty though my truck threw a code which turned out to be nothing after a visit to RockTop Ford in Sevierville. We got to The Ridge Outdoor and it was very pretty. I think it has Anchor down potential though its still in phases of construction. The sites where big and the fire pits are awesome and I could not complain about the view. WIFI was rock solid there and we even streamed a movie off Disney Plus without a blip.

For the most part we had planned a beach trip with little on the agenda. So we basically spent most of our time at the pool or back with the RV. It was really nice and while we wanted to do a few hikes, the Smoky Mountains kept seeing storm after storm. We finally got to take a hike to Laurel Falls on Friday morning before we left.

We made one date night outing into town and at the Local Goat. Coming from N. VA where they are only running at 50% indoor capacity, we found ourselves a little uncomfortable with the restaurant being fully packed without a single table empty the whole time. We did enjoy the meal though did not linger much after finishing.

We re-booked Hatteras for October, though we will see how school looks to know if it will just be a long weekend or if we can pull off a full week. Pictures to come soon.

Last edited:
We are back! We survived the hurricane......because we didn't go to the beach! So Friday morning we saw the weeks forecast for the hurricane. Of course that meant we would likely be told to evacuate on Saturday or Sunday, and might not return till Wednesday or Thursday. So Friday morning we started calling from Lynchburg, VA, to Ashville, NC and finding nothing available. I finally said let's call around Pigeon Forge, TN. We lucked out with finding two spots available from Sunday the 2nd through the 8th at The Ridge Outdoor Resort. Arriving a day later than originally planned yet we figured we could work with that and booked the sites.

Then we went looking to see if we should still leave on Friday or just leave Saturday morning. The search for an overnight spot started and our friends we were traveling with found a cozy and quiet little campground at Fort Chiswell RV Campground. The sites where nice, shaded and level and the pool was pretty good, we hit the road through Fridays rain and got there and settled in for the night.

We enjoyed the quiet downtime, pool time and more while at Fort Chiswell, then Sunday we left for Pigeon Forge. The drive was nice and pretty though my truck threw a code which turned out to be nothing after a visit to RockTop Ford in Sevierville. We got to The Ridge Outdoor and it was very pretty. I think it has Anchor down potential though its still in phases of construction. The sites where big and the fire pits are awesome and I could not complain about the view. WIFI was rock solid there and we even streamed a movie off Disney Plus without a blip.

View attachment 517610

For the most part we had planned a beach trip with little on the agenda. So we basically spent most of our time at the pool or back with the RV. It was really nice and while we wanted to do a few hikes, the Smoky Mountains kept seeing storm after storm. We finally got to take a hike to Laurel Falls on Friday morning before we left.

View attachment 517608

We made one date night outing into town and at the Local Goat. Coming from N. VA where they are only running at 50% indoor capacity, we found ourselves a little uncomfortable with the restaurant being fully packed without a single table empty the whole time. We did enjoy the meal though did not linger much after finishing.

View attachment 517609

We re-booked Hatteras for October, though we will see how school looks to know if it will just be a long weekend or if we can pull off a full week. Pictures to come soon.

We love Fort Chiswell RV park, it has been a staple during our runs to Disney and Alabama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter