~The Saints won the Superbowl and we’re going to Disney World!!~

My mom sent me this text just as I was unpacking my lunch at work. "We got our Disney package!" I was sooooo happy!!! I did my disney dance :cool1: and it just made my day! It was a little torturous knowing that I'd have to wait the rest of the day to open it... But walking in the door and seeing it was worth the wait. Yay! Our vouchers and luggage tags came in today!!!:banana:

Ours came today too! :banana::banana: We can do the banana dance together! Soon we'll be doing the one month dance!! :yay:

Answer from yesterday: “Whistle While You Work”

What was Mushu's job before he helped Mulan?

Mushu-1.jpg

Here are some of the knick knacks I’m gonna pack for the kids: glowsticks, necklaces and bracelets, bubbles, yoyos, temporary tattoos, sticky wall men (or whatever they’re called :scratchin), coloring book, colors and a beach pail for CBR.
My 9-year-old nephew will have his handheld Nintendo DS, so I’m sure that will occupy most of his time while waiting in lines, but I think it will be nice to pull a little extra toy or trinket out and surprise him with it while waiting for the parades or at the bus stop.

Copyoftoys.jpg

Hello!! :wave2: I love your pre-trip report - the trivia is so much fun. :thumbsup2 And thanks for the links to your themed parties!

We'll be there the same week... looks like we'll be in a couple of the same parks on the same days. Maybe we'll cross paths! Or be in the TSM stampede together! :laughing:

One month to go!! :banana:

Hello!! :wave2: I love your pre-trip report - the trivia is so much fun. :thumbsup2 And thanks for the links to your themed parties!

We'll be there the same week... looks like we'll be in a couple of the same parks on the same days. Maybe we'll cross paths! Or be in the TSM stampede together! :laughing:

One month to go!! :banana:

Hi! Thanks! It's so awesome to find others that are going to be there at the same time! :)

I'll be sure to make my way over to your PTR sometime this evening. I love reading about how other people are going through the planning process.

Yes.... The HS mad rush to Toy Story is gonna be crazy!! See you there!

One month! I can't believe it's so close! :banana:

Hi Alicia! All caught up on your trip report!! LOVING the trivia too!!! We ate at Crystal Palace on our last trip before park opening and it was great! I think our ADR time was 8:20 but we were seated by 8:10! We had plenty of time to eat and make it right over to Fantasyland right at 9:00! It was a great breakfast and the character interaction was great!!! Great memories there for us!!! Your binder it totally awesome!! You are so organized, makes me jealous!! I stuff everything in folders!!! I hope to get my packet today, it seems everyone who is going as the same time as us has gotten their stuff already!!! Thanks for posting a pic of your knick knacks too! I almost forgot to pick up some glow sticks!!!! Looking forward to more updates and trivia!!!:goodvibes

Hi Alicia! All caught up on your trip report!! LOVING the trivia too!!! We ate at Crystal Palace on our last trip before park opening and it was great! I think our ADR time was 8:20 but we were seated by 8:10! We had plenty of time to eat and make it right over to Fantasyland right at 9:00! It was a great breakfast and the character interaction was great!!! Great memories there for us!!! Your binder it totally awesome!! You are so organized, makes me jealous!! I stuff everything in folders!!! I hope to get my packet today, it seems everyone who is going as the same time as us has gotten their stuff already!!! Thanks for posting a pic of your knick knacks too! I almost forgot to pick up some glow sticks!!!! Looking forward to more updates and trivia!!!:goodvibes

Thank you!! And thanks for letting me know about your Crystal Palace experience! I was a little worried about our ressie at 8:25 because I figured that would be cutting it a little close with trying to get out by 9, but it never occured to me we might get seated a little earlier. That would be awesome!

Animal Kingdom (April 25)

The first morning we’ll be eating breakfast at CBR.

IMG_3740.jpg

The park opens a 9 a.m. and we’ll probably head straight for Kilimanjaro Safaris. After that I’m thinking we’ll hop over and get FP’s for Dinosaur, then spend time in Dinoland waiting for the first showing of Finding Nemo: The Musical (My favorite thing from our last trip!)

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

Next we’ll probably head to Flame Tree BBQ for lunch (I’ve never eaten here before, but I love barbeque, so I’m sure I’ll like it!:))

I’m thinking It’s Tough to be a Bug will be a good sit down thing to do after we eat. Then I’m hoping to use our Dinosaur FP’s then go to Asia to get my dad and I four FP’s for Expedition Everest. We’ll hang in Asia and maybe ride Kali River Rapids or walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I’m thinking the rest of the family may want to see Flights of Wonder while waiting for my dad and I to use our Everest FP’s.

DISNEYWORLD2007084.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

Afterwards we’ll make our way back to Africa to get in place for the Jammin’ Jungle parade and then maybe take the Wildlife Express Train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. (I’m pretty sure I’ve been here before, I have pictures of us on the train, but for the life of me I can’t remember it. If anyone can share if there’s anything special to do here or reason why we should or shouldn’t go, I’m all ears)

If we have enough time I’d love to get over to Camp Minnie-Mickey next to see some characters. I wouldn’t mind missing Festival of the Lion King this trip. I’ve seen it three times and we have it on video so I’ve seen that a lot. So I’ll leave that up to the family.

If we’re hungry at this point I’m sure we’ll make a stop at Pizzafari. It’s such a beautiful CS restaurant!

At 6 p.m. when the park closes I want to head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge just to take a little tour since I hear such wonderful things about it. I know it would probably be best to go early in the morning when the animals are the most active, but I don’t think my family will want wake up any earlier than we have to already be for park opening. Plus we’ll be doing the safari first thing in the morning anyway.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions about visiting the lodge to give me that would be great. ( I hear zebra domes are not to be missed!:teeth:) I know we can take a bus directly from AK to AKL, but I’m concerned about the time it’s gonna take to get back to CBR since we’ll have to take a bus to one of the open parks and then one to our resort.:confused: We’ll have our car, but my dads favorite part of vacation is not having to drive, so we usually just rely on Disney transportation when we’re there. I guess we’ll just have to do some bus hopping.
:rolleyes:

I'm going to jump right in with your trivia... Is it Jane?

I whited out my answer in case anyone else comes along and wants to take a guess without seeing my answer. Just highlight it and you'll see my guess. ;)

Your AK plans look great. Rafiki's Planet Watch takes good chunk of time so we usually skip it, but I'm considering it this year because I think Zach (DS6) might enjoy it.

I'm going to jump right in with your trivia... Is it Jane?

I whited out my answer in case anyone else comes along and wants to take a guess without seeing my answer. Just highlight it and you'll see my guess. ;)

Your AK plans look great. Rafiki's Planet Watch takes good chunk of time so we usually skip it, but I'm considering it this year because I think Zach (DS6) might enjoy it.

Correct! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about Planet Watch. My nephew loves the zoo we have here, so he'd probably like it, but that's the same reason I think we can skip it because he can see animals here. I guess we can just see where we're at with time when we get back there.

Hmmm I'm stumped on this one. I've never seen that movie (I know, shame on me...:eek:)! Can you believe you guys are less than four weeks away from your journey to the most magical place on earth??? Yaaaaay!!!:dancer:

That would be Frollo.

Your AK day looks great! As far as the AKL, zebra domes can be found in the coolers at Mara. YUMMY! STorytelling by the fire is always popular. It gives that relaxed feel I always have when we are there.

If you don't want to do the bus, you could always try to get a taxi back to CBR. Other than that, I'd probably get a bus to Epcot and switch to one to CBR from there.

Hmmm I'm stumped on this one. I've never seen that movie (I know, shame on me...:eek:)! Can you believe you guys are less than four weeks away from your journey to the most magical place on earth??? Yaaaaay!!!:dancer:

I know, it's getting so close!! :cool1: I went shopping yesterday for little boxes of cereal and other snacks and that really got me feeling like it was coming up soon. :teeth:

That would be Frollo.

Your AK day looks great! As far as the AKL, zebra domes can be found in the coolers at Mara. YUMMY! STorytelling by the fire is always popular. It gives that relaxed feel I always have when we are there.

If you don't want to do the bus, you could always try to get a taxi back to CBR. Other than that, I'd probably get a bus to Epcot and switch to one to CBR from there.

Yep, it was Frollo! :thumbsup2
Thanks!! I had never heard of the storytelling, that sounds really neat! And thanks for the advice. I'll definitely suggest the taxi idea to my dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter