This Is A Poncho-Free Zone!--May 22-29, 2010 PTR (New PTR!!!! 5/31)

Welcome home Becky! I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I forgot to ask you earlier, did you end up upgrading your tix to APs while you were there? Usually the AP discount will be around 45% so it could beat the bounceback. Just thought I would quickly mention that.

When we did the Halloween party, we kind of took it easy that day so that the kids would be fully awake and in good moods for the party. We had a late lunch ADR at Kona, so we basically slept in (as much as kids sleep in, right...), did some swimming, and went to Kona before the party - think our ADR was around 2:30 for lunch. Hit the MK around 5:00 for the party (I had planned to get there right at 4, but we lingered a bit around the Poly - it was our first time there...LOL...) It was my hope that by doing that, the kids would stay awake all the way till midnight. Two lasted until 11:30 and the third lasted all the way through!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

Welcome home Becky! I'm glad you are home safe and sound. I forgot to ask you earlier, did you end up upgrading your tix to APs while you were there? Usually the AP discount will be around 45% so it could beat the bounceback. Just thought I would quickly mention that.

When we did the Halloween party, we kind of took it easy that day so that the kids would be fully awake and in good moods for the party. We had a late lunch ADR at Kona, so we basically slept in (as much as kids sleep in, right...), did some swimming, and went to Kona before the party - think our ADR was around 2:30 for lunch. Hit the MK around 5:00 for the party (I had planned to get there right at 4, but we lingered a bit around the Poly - it was our first time there...LOL...) It was my hope that by doing that, the kids would stay awake all the way till midnight. Two lasted until 11:30 and the third lasted all the way through!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes

Thanks Sara! No, we did not upgrade to APs. Brent didn't want to spend the extra $ right now--oh well. Thanks for the tip for party day!! I'm not sure I can relax much while we're at WDW!! :goodvibes

We're back!! We got home last night and just crashed! I slept until 10:30 this morning! It's funny how when you get home from WDW that you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation!! :lmao:

We had a wonderful trip!! Thanks to everyone who followed my trip on FB!! It was fun keeping you updated!!

I will start my TR soon but right now I'm trying to figure out our schedule/ADRs for the Nov/Dec trip!!

Looking at Tuesday 11/30 for MVMCP--trying to decide to spend all day at MK that day or go to AK and then onto MK for the party.

Oh yes, recuperation days after a trip are wonderful. It's hard to get right back into real world activities the day after you get back home. ::yes::

It's great to come back from a trip and start making ADR's for the next one. :thumbsup2

For us, we'd want some down time in the afternoon before the party. We'd probably do AK for a while and spend some pool and nap time in the afternoon so the girls could make it better for the party. Everyone is different on things like this, but that's most likely what we would do.

Ok--so I've been working on ADRs all day--tomorrow is the day to book them for our Nov/Dec trip!!! Thankfully my TA will be doing it for us and I can sleep in!! Here is the e-mail I just sent her (Feel free to comment or answer the questions I asked her)!!

Ok--here is what I'm thinking for ADRs. First set is for the 1st ressie (11/27-12/4) and the 2nd set is for the 2nd ressie BB offer (11/28-12/5)--most are exactly the same.

11/27-12/4
Sat, 11/27: Downtown Disney: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm (know we'll eat a late lunch at DD)
Sun, 11/28: Animal Kingdom: Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm (since park closes @ 5)
Mon, 11/29: Magic Kingdom: 8:00 a.m. BBB appts. for Ally & Claire (Claire will be 3 in Oct.--can this be cancelled once made? Hoping she has enough hair by then)
CRT (dinner): time??? (want to be sure and see the castle lighting show--what time is that? also want to see Spectromagic at 8 pm--what time do you suggest?)
Tues, 11/30: Magic Kingdom & MVMCP: O'hana (dinner): earliest dinner possible (what time do you suggest?)
Wed, 12/1: Epcot: Le Cellier or Garden Grill(dinner) (will do CP package this day or Friday--which do you suggest or does it matter? Times? I know Friday is EMH evening @ Epcot but we did that this past trip and loved it!! Or maybe book both for both days so we have a choice of narrators for CP?!)
Thurs, 12/2: Hollywood Studios: 1900 Park Fare(breakfast): 8:00 a.m.--this is the earleist time right?! (I know this isn't very near HS but it's our least favorite park so if we get there a little after opening, it's not a big deal to us)
Fri, 12/3: Epcot: Garden Grill or Le Cellier (dinner) (question about this above)
Sat, 12/4: Magic Kingdom: (I know this is a parade taping day but we want MK to be the last park we visit--hope it's not too crazy)

11/28-12/5
Sun, 11/28: Downtown Disney: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm (know we'll eat a late lunch at DD)
Mon, 11/29: Magic Kingdom: 8:00 a.m. BBB appts. for Ally & Claire (Claire will be 3 in Oct.--can this be cancelled once made? Hoping she has enough hair by then)
CRT (dinner): time??? (want to be sure and see the castle lighting show--what time is that? also want to see Spectromagic at 8 pm--what time do you suggest?)
Tues, 11/30: Magic Kingdom & MVMCP: O'hana (dinner): earliest dinner possible (what time do you suggest?)
Wed, 12/1: Epcot: Le Cellier or Garden Grill (dinner) (will do CP package this day or Friday--which do you suggest or does it matter? Times? I know Friday is EMH evening @ Epcot but we did that this past trip and loved it!! Or maybe book both for both days so we have a choice of narrators for CP?!)
Thurs, 12/2: Hollywood Studios: 1900 Park Fare (breakfast): 8:00 a.m.--this is the earleist time right?! (I know this isn't very near HS but it's our least favorite park so if we get there a little after opening, it's not a big deal to us)
Fri, 12/3: Epcot: Garden Grill or Le Cellier (dinner) (question about this above)
Sat, 12/4: Animal Kingdom: Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm (since park closes @ 5)
Sun, 12/5: Magic Kingdom

So tomorrow I need you to book (so it's not so confusing):
Sat, 11/27: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm
Sun, 11/28: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm & Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm
Mon, 11/29: 8:00 a.m. BBB appts. for Ally & Claire (?) & CRT (dinner): time???
Tues, 11/30: O'hana (dinner): earliest dinner possible
Wed, 12/1: Le Cellier (dinner) & Garden Grill (dinner)
Thurs, 12/2: 1900 Park Fare (breakfast): 8:00 a.m.
Fri, 12/3: Garden Grill (dinner) & Le Cellier (dinner)
Sat, 12/4: Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm

Oh--and I'm thinking I need to start a new PTR for this trip--what do you think?! It might draw in more people going the same time?!

Great ADR's, Becky!! I would do your CRT dinner as early as possible. We're not big fans of touring, stopping for dinner/breaking the schedule, and then touring again. We like to enjoy dinner and then enjoy the park uninterrupted for the rest of the night. I think it really depends on your family's touring style, though, and if you think the girls might actually benefit from using dinner as a touring break.
I agree-- I'd start a new PTR!

Ok--here is what I'm thinking for ADRs. First set is for the 1st ressie (11/27-12/4) and the 2nd set is for the 2nd ressie BB offer (11/28-12/5)--most are exactly the same.

11/27-12/4
Sat, 11/27: Downtown Disney: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm (know we'll eat a late lunch at DD)
Sun, 11/28: Animal Kingdom: Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm (since park closes @ 5)
Mon, 11/29: Magic Kingdom: 8:00 a.m. BBB appts. for Ally & Claire (Claire will be 3 in Oct.--can this be cancelled once made? Hoping she has enough hair by then) Absolutely you can cancel - just do it by 24 hours ahead or you lose a $10 deposit I believe.
CRT (dinner): time??? (want to be sure and see the castle lighting show--what time is that? also want to see Spectromagic at 8 pm--what time do you suggest?) Castle lighting was at 6:30 or 6:45 when we saw it in 2007. So beautiful.
Tues, 11/30: Magic Kingdom & MVMCP: O'hana (dinner): earliest dinner possible (what time do you suggest?) You can get in with your party tickets as early as 4:00. I think earliest 'Ohana dinner might be 5:00 which wouldn't put you getting there until 6:30 or so, but you will have been there all day anyway, so it's probably not as big of a deal as those of us who don't do a park on a party day. Wed, 12/1: Epcot: Le Cellier or Garden Grill(dinner) (will do CP package this day or Friday--which do you suggest or does it matter? Times? I know Friday is EMH evening @ Epcot but we did that this past trip and loved it!! Or maybe book both for both days so we have a choice of narrators for CP?!) I would definitely do Wednesday for the CP. Even with the package, the fewer people you have to deal with, the better, IMO...and the EMH days are usually more crowded (up until the time of the EMH...which wouldn't be until 9) - we hit the CP on a Friday on an EMH day and it was UGLY!Thurs, 12/2: Hollywood Studios: 1900 Park Fare(breakfast): 8:00 a.m.--this is the earleist time right?! (I know this isn't very near HS but it's our least favorite park so if we get there a little after opening, it's not a big deal to us)
Sat, 12/4: Magic Kingdom: (I know this is a parade taping day but we want MK to be the last park we visit--hope it's not too crazy) Nichole was there last year for the taping so she probably has some good advice for how to "do" the Mk this day.

11/28-12/5
Sun, 11/28: Downtown Disney: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm (know we'll eat a late lunch at DD)
Wed, 12/1: Epcot: Le Cellier or Garden Grill (dinner) (will do CP package this day or Friday--which do you suggest or does it matter? Times? I know Friday is EMH evening @ Epcot but we did that this past trip and loved it!! Or maybe book both for both days so we have a choice of narrators for CP?!)
Thurs, 12/2: Hollywood Studios: 1900 Park Fare (breakfast): 8:00 a.m.--this is the earleist time right?! (I know this isn't very near HS but it's our least favorite park so if we get there a little after opening, it's not a big deal to us)
Sat, 12/4: Animal Kingdom: Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm (since park closes @ 5)
Sun, 12/5: Magic Kingdom

So tomorrow I need you to book (so it's not so confusing):
Sat, 11/27: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm
Sun, 11/28: Whispering Canyon (dinner): 7:30 pm & Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm
Mon, 11/29: 8:00 a.m. BBB appts. for Ally & Claire (?) & CRT (dinner): time???
Tues, 11/30: O'hana (dinner): earliest dinner possible
Wed, 12/1: Le Cellier (dinner) & Garden Grill (dinner)
Thurs, 12/2: 1900 Park Fare (breakfast): 8:00 a.m.
Fri, 12/3: Garden Grill (dinner) & Le Cellier (dinner)
Sat, 12/4: Boma (dinner): 5:30 pm

Oh--and I'm thinking I need to start a new PTR for this trip--what do you think?! It might draw in more people going the same time?!

Comments above in black if they help at all!:goodvibes

Sara

Welcome back Becky! you are already in the midst of starting again...at least you shouldn't suffer from the Disney Depression! :mickeyjum
your plans sound great! can't wait to follow along...
:wave2:

Welcome home!! :hug:

You will be VERY happy with WCC. It is so great that it is in our resort, too :thumbsup2 The girls will stay really entertained.

We are doing LTT for dinner at 5:30 for the MVMCP night. I heard that you should schedule your dinner at least an hour and a half before it starts (7pm) because service can be slow and you don't want to miss out on the fun. Everyone will be nice and full and ready to walk the park to see the sights when the party starts. HTH.

We are wondering about CRT for lunch or dinner as well. I am still not sure if we are going to do it yet, but I know Abby really wants to! Anxious to see what you pick!

1900 Park Fare for breakfast would be so fun! Don't they change the characters to Pooh and Mary Poppins?? Good choice and I agree about DHS. Not as much to see so relax and enjoy your breakfast.

I read that the MK is fairly empty other than Main Street for the taping. And you can sneak in and watch the taping when you please :santa:

Oh yes, recuperation days after a trip are wonderful. It's hard to get right back into real world activities the day after you get back home. ::yes::

It's great to come back from a trip and start making ADR's for the next one. :thumbsup2

For us, we'd want some down time in the afternoon before the party. We'd probably do AK for a while and spend some pool and nap time in the afternoon so the girls could make it better for the party. Everyone is different on things like this, but that's most likely what we would do.

I've felt sooo lazy today but I sure did need it!! Yes, making ADRs really helps eleviate the Disney Depression!! :goodvibes

Welcome home Becky! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!:goodvibes

Thanks!! I can't wait to share about our trip!!

Great ADR's, Becky!! I would do your CRT dinner as early as possible. We're not big fans of touring, stopping for dinner/breaking the schedule, and then touring again. We like to enjoy dinner and then enjoy the park uninterrupted for the rest of the night. I think it really depends on your family's touring style, though, and if you think the girls might actually benefit from using dinner as a touring break.
I agree-- I'd start a new PTR!

Thank you!! Yes, I think my TA is going to get a 4:30 dinner ressie for CRT!! I agree with you about touring style!! And I'm pretty sure I'm going to start a new PTR!!

Comments above in black if they help at all!:goodvibes

Sara

Thank you so much Sara for your insight! I think we will do the CP on Wed!! I appreciate the advice!!

Welcome back Becky! you are already in the midst of starting again...at least you shouldn't suffer from the Disney Depression! :mickeyjum
your plans sound great! can't wait to follow along...
:wave2:

Thanks Connie!! Yes!! It really helps with Disney Depression!!

Welcome home!! :hug:

You will be VERY happy with WCC. It is so great that it is in our resort, too :thumbsup2 The girls will stay really entertained.

We are doing LTT for dinner at 5:30 for the MVMCP night. I heard that you should schedule your dinner at least an hour and a half before it starts (7pm) because service can be slow and you don't want to miss out on the fun. Everyone will be nice and full and ready to walk the park to see the sights when the party starts. HTH.

We are wondering about CRT for lunch or dinner as well. I am still not sure if we are going to do it yet, but I know Abby really wants to! Anxious to see what you pick!

1900 Park Fare for breakfast would be so fun! Don't they change the characters to Pooh and Mary Poppins?? Good choice and I agree about DHS. Not as much to see so relax and enjoy your breakfast.

I read that the MK is fairly empty other than Main Street for the taping. And you can sneak in and watch the taping when you please :santa:

Thanks Katie!! I'm really looking forward to WCC!! Yes, Angela told me we should shoot for a 4:30 ADR at O'hana and for CRT!!! Yes! Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Pooh are at the breakfast!! That's what I've heard about MK as well--I'm hoping it's true!!

Ok--so here's what I'm hoping to get tomorrow for ADRs!!!

11/27: WCC 7:30pm
11/28: Boma 5:30pm
WCC 7:30 pm
11/29: BBB 8:00am
CRT 4:30pm
11/30: 'Ohana 4:30pm
12/1: Le Cellier around 5 - 5:30pm (this will be the time for the CP package if you're doing the 8:15pm showing, may be easier later on if we're already booked at that time)
12/2: 1900 PF 7:30am
12/3: Garden Grill 5:30 or 6:00
12/4: Boma 5:30pm

We are doing the 8:15 for CP too! I hope you get all the times you need :goodvibes

I was writing because I looked through your 1st PTR...I am looking for the DISigner who made your binder cover page. I have been working on mine all day and need a cute Christmas one. I have been looking on the Creative boards, but I wanted to try to PM yours. TIA!! :lovestruc

We are doing the 8:15 for CP too! I hope you get all the times you need :goodvibes

I was writing because I looked through your 1st PTR...I am looking for the DISigner who made your binder cover page. I have been working on mine all day and need a cute Christmas one. I have been looking on the Creative boards, but I wanted to try to PM yours. TIA!! :lovestruc

Sure!! here is the thread with some of the inside pages I'm using (this person also designs covers: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114031

This thread is good for cover designs & chapters: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2116437

Here is the link to where I got my binder cover (note that she now has a separate thread for requests): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2120522

Here is that separate thread for design requests: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040650

Sure!! here is the thread with some of the inside pages I'm using (this person also designs covers: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114031

This thread is good for cover designs & chapters: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2116437

Here is the link to where I got my binder cover (note that she now has a separate thread for requests): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2120522

Here is that separate thread for design requests: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2040650

Awww thanks so much! I have printed out most things from the first two threads already. Looks like the lady is not accepting requests anymore :rolleyes: I guess I will have to research a lot more! Thanks for the help!

Awww thanks so much! I have printed out most things from the first two threads already. Looks like the lady is not accepting requests anymore :rolleyes: I guess I will have to research a lot more! Thanks for the help!

Ugggh! I'm sorry! I just copied and pasted the info from my PTR--I should have checked it out first! Do a search for "trip binder cover" or something of the sort and you should be able to find something (only search the Creative DISign board).

Welcome home, Becky! :goodvibes I so enjoyed following along with your FB updates and now I'm excited to read the whole story!

Wow! Come home from Disney and two days later it's time to make ADR's for your next trip! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear if you get everything you are hoping for - I will say the two sets of ressies has me a bit confused! :lmao: I bet it was fun getting that list together!

Welcome home, Becky! :goodvibes I so enjoyed following along with your FB updates and now I'm excited to read the whole story!

Wow! Come home from Disney and two days later it's time to make ADR's for your next trip! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear if you get everything you are hoping for - I will say the two sets of ressies has me a bit confused! :lmao: I bet it was fun getting that list together!

Thanks Courtney!! I'm glad you enjoyed the FB updates!! It was fun reading everyone's comments!! YES!! So exciting to make ADRs so soon after a trip! It keeps me from thinking about not being in WDW!! Yeah--my head hurt A LOT after planning that all out!! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter