If I bought base tickets on 2/24/23 when will they expire?
So right now I have them for 4/27/23 to 4/30. Does it make sense to keep moving the dates or just let them expire and take the credit?
So they will expire on 4/30, after that date they will likely disappear from your MDE and you will have a credit. There's no real reason to keep pushing them out unless you have specific plans to use them. Just make note of the ticket number(s) and value(s) for future reference.

So they will expire on 4/30, after that date they will likely disappear from your MDE and you will have a credit. There's no real reason to keep pushing them out unless you have specific plans to use them. Just make note of the ticket number(s) and value(s) for future reference.

I took screen shots and also emailed them to myself. 😂😂

Purchased new sorcerer passes on April 13th and was wondering if they need to be activated at guest relations. I know on previous trips we had to go there first and activate them which can be stressful during rope drop. lol Now I recently heard that their is no need to go to GR and that the pass will activate automatically at the turnstile. Has anyone else heard this or have any knowledge as to when a person needs to or not go to GR and activate first?

Purchased new sorcerer passes on April 13th and was wondering if they need to be activated at guest relations. I know on previous trips we had to go there first and activate them which can be stressful during rope drop. lol Now I recently heard that their is no need to go to GR and that the pass will activate automatically at the turnstile. Has anyone else heard this or have any knowledge as to when a person needs to or not go to GR and activate first?
Reports of what folks were told last week have varied. My understanding is renewals do NOT need a stop at Guest Relations. However, since it's possible for a DVC owner to purchase multiple passes (for household members) it may be required to stop at Guest Relations to activate new passes. You might want to build this in to your timeline -- either the night before or first park day.

We have a trip planned to WDW this October with family. Right now we all have park hoppers but now my husband and I are thinking about getting annual passes. Was wondering if that would make a difference on the app as far as booking park reservations, or Lightning Lanes together. We all went together in 2021 so I’ve got everybody in my family info and see everybody’s tickets. Will it still be like that if just my husband and I have AP’s or will we have to book things separately? I’m not very tech savvy so hoping to keep things as simple as possible.

We have a trip planned to WDW this October with family. Right now we all have park hoppers but now my husband and I are thinking about getting annual passes. Was wondering if that would make a difference on the app as far as booking park reservations, or Lightning Lanes together. We all went together in 2021 so I’ve got everybody in my family info and see everybody’s tickets. Will it still be like that if just my husband and I have AP’s or will we have to book things separately? I’m not very tech savvy so hoping to keep things as simple as possible.
I'm sure @lanejudy will add her expertise but first question that comes to mind is, do you have packages booked with resort and tickets? If so, are you and your husband the only ones listed on your room reservation?

Are you staying onsite or offsite? If offsite, I believe you can only book 3 park reservations at a time.

It should not affect booking LL or ILL$ unless some are staying onsite and others offsite as that does affect booking ILL$.

I'm sure @lanejudy will add her expertise but first question that comes to mind is, do you have packages booked with resort and tickets? If so, are you and your husband the only ones listed on your room reservation?

Are you staying onsite or offsite? If offsite, I believe you can only book 3 park reservations at a time.

It should not affect booking LL or ILL$ unless some are staying onsite and others offsite as that does affect booking ILL$.
We are all staying onsite and have park hoppers right now. My husband and I have our own reservation.

We are all staying onsite and have park hoppers right now. My husband and I have our own reservation.
Package tickets can't be upgraded until you have checked in so if your tickets are part of a room+tickets package, you'll need to remove them from the package and buy APs separate. (You could buy the AP first then remove the package tickets.) Removing the tickets will leave you with a "basic package" that is essentially a room-only with package terms for payment and cancellation.

If your tickets were purchased separate from the room reservation, you can upgrade those. If it's like last week's DVC release you'll need to call to upgrade to APs.

@scrappinginontario answered about Genie+ and ILL$. I think there were some issues early on buying Genie+ for a group with mixed tickets (AP and regular) -- I haven't followed whether that issue was resolved or not. But as for booking rides while in the park that day, it shouldn't matter what ticket type.

@scrappinginontario answered about Genie+ and ILL$. I think there were some issues early on buying Genie+ for a group with mixed tickets (AP and regular) -- I haven't followed whether that issue was resolved or not. But as for booking rides while in the park that day, it shouldn't matter what ticket type.
Thankfully this issue was resolved in the fall. There is no longer a challenge purchasing G+ when guests are a combination of standard tickets and APs.

Package tickets can't be upgraded until you have checked in so if your tickets are part of a room+tickets package, you'll need to remove them from the package and buy APs separate. (You could buy the AP first then remove the package tickets.) Removing the tickets will leave you with a "basic package" that is essentially a room-only with package terms for payment and cancellation.

If your tickets were purchased separate from the room reservation, you can upgrade those. If it's like last week's DVC release you'll need to call to upgrade to APs.

Thank you!

Hello all,

My family and I are leaving for our trip April 25th. As well all know annual passes start April 20th.

I have a room and ticket package set up but want to purchase a season pass, since we have more trips in the works.

Can anyone tell me what would be my mvest course of action come tomorrow morning when annual passes release to the public?

What will I be able to do with my tickets and room package I have right now. I don't want to lose my money on my original tickets nor have any issues with my room reservation.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I currently have 3 day hoppers for a trip starting next week and 5 day hoppers for a thanksgiving trip. I am hoping tomorrow to upgrade my 5 day hopper to an AP and work with UT to return my 3 day hopper. Will doing so impact by existing park reservations? If it matters, we are staying on property both trips.

I currently have 3 day hoppers for a trip starting next week and 5 day hoppers for a thanksgiving trip. I am hoping tomorrow to upgrade my 5 day hopper to an AP and work with UT to return my 3 day hopper. Will doing so impact by existing park reservations? If it matters, we are staying on property both trips.
The upgrade may (or may not) transfer the theme park reservations for the 5-day trip -- reports have varied on this. I recommend checking after you buy the AP.

You will most likely need to re-do the theme park reservations for the 3-day trip to tie them to your AP.

upgrade your ticket to ap
That's incorrect. Package tickets cannot be upgraded until you have checked in.

OP -- I think your only option tomorrow is to buy the AP outright.
Other options include:
  • cancel the package tickets ($50 change fee) after you buy the AP tomorrow
  • hold the package tickets to use as credit towards a future trip -- maybe family/friends you can transfer them to or maybe towards AP renewal next year
  • wait until you arrive on 4/25 and upgrade your package tickets to AP then (assuming APs are still on sale)

You won't be able to upgrade the package tickets until you check-in. You could buy APs outright tomorrow and then modify your existing package to a "basic" package (room without tickets), however I have no idea how that would affect your existing park reservations (maybe someone else can chime in on that). If you go this route, make sure you tell the CM on the phone you want to "modify" your package to a "basic" package. Or buy the APs outright and save the package tickets for the future as lanejudy suggests.

You won't be able to upgrade the package tickets until you check-in. You could buy APs outright tomorrow and then modify your existing package to a "basic" package (room without tickets), however I have no idea how that would affect your existing park reservations (maybe someone else can chime in on that). If you go this route, make sure you tell the CM on the phone you want to "modify" your package to a "basic" package. Or buy the APs outright and save the package tickets for the future as lanejudy suggests.

When I upgraded my unused ticket last week to a Sorcerer pass, the CM was able to keep my existing reservations.

So my tickets would be transferable to someone else as long as they are not used correct?

Anyone have an idea how much my 4 day tickets would be worth as a refund if I go with the basic package then.. no one from Disney can tell me this.

The upgrade may (or may not) transfer the theme park reservations for the 5-day trip -- reports have varied on this. I recommend checking after you buy the AP.

You will most likely need to re-do the theme park reservations for the 3-day trip to tie them to your AP.
Thanks. I will definately do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter