TSA precheck

maxaroni

DIS Veteran
is TSA -recheck worth it? We got it for free last year, by surprise. It was great not needing to take off our shoes. Any thoughts?

I think it would depend on how often you travel. We only travel a few times per year so, to me, it's not worth it. (I got it -- by surprise -- for our flight home from vacation and I agree it was nice.) If I traveled often for business it might be worth it.

I like it when like you if I get it for free, wouldn't pay for it unless I had real stinky feet

For some reason I am still getting it for free, 6 flights this year. Not worth $85 IMHO. It actually helps them get people through security faster so I'm not even sure how they justify charging for it.

For some reason I am still getting it for free, 6 flights this year. Not worth $85 IMHO. It actually helps them get people through security faster so I'm not even sure how they justify charging for it.

The $85 is for the fingerprints and background check, in which I understand. However, it's a lot to put out for the convenience of shoes and belts. DH wants to apply as he said it's for 5 years, if we don't like it, we won't do it again.

The $85 is for the fingerprints and background check, in which I understand. However, it's a lot to put out for the convenience of shoes and belts. DH wants to apply as he said it's for 5 years, if we don't like it, we won't do it again.
So I wonder how they pick folks like me that get it for free? They've never fingerprinted me, although I have had jobs where I was fingerprinted.

Some airports don't have it. Some have it and don't always have it open. I have had it and been directed to the main line and been completely frisked and swabed. It's nice though when it does work out.

So I wonder how they pick folks like me that get it for free? They've never fingerprinted me, although I have had jobs where I was fingerprinted.

I do think that some are either just lucky each time, or as someone said upthread "older people". We have only been picked once, which was last year. Haven't flown since but will be, so we will see if we get (or one of us), picked again. I think that if they (airlines, tsa?) choose you, it's one thing. If you are requesting to have - pre check yourself, they will background check you.

I do think that some are either just lucky each time, or as someone said upthread "older people". We have only been picked once, which was last year. Haven't flown since but will be, so we will see if we get (or one of us), picked again. I think that if they (airlines, tsa?) choose you, it's one thing. If you are requesting to have - pre check yourself, they will background check you.
LOL. I just turned 60, so those flights were all while I was still a kid in my 50's

Get global entry for free from a good credit card, as stated earlier it comes with pre and even though we don't travel all that much I couldn't see not having it.

Also things may have changed but when I was a dod contractor with security clearance we had pre automatically, at that time you just showed your cac but now I believe you enter the ID number at time of booking (known traveler number)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter