What is/are your child(ren)'s name(s)?

Faith Elizabeth
(Faith because we all need to have a little Faith and Elizabeth after my Dmom and DGrandmother)

DD is Michaela Alexis (Grandfather and Dad's Middle name Michael) and DS is Ryan Christopher (Christopher is DH brother name who passed away and my brother's middle name)

Ariana Elyce (after my mom, Ann Elyce)
Alyssa Grace (Grace was DH's Great-Aunt. Alyssa cause I liked it)
Caitlyn Elizabeth (mostly cause I just love the Celtic lilt of it. But I have a distant many-great's grandmother named Elizabeth as well)

When I was PG with Caitie I was going to try to find another "A" name so she would match her sisters. I liked Abigail or Amelia but DH said NO more "A" names!! :rolleyes:

Alyssa was born on the first day of summer, so she was almost named Summer Rose. But I restrained myself. :rolleyes1

Meija Norlina (pronounced mia)

Alexis Faith (I found out I had cancer when I was pregnant with her faith got me through)

Annalise Ruth ( Ruth is g-grandmother)

Sara
Alexander
Sofia

If I'd known then.....I wouldn't have named both girls with "S" names. I'm constantly getting them mixed up! Especially when I'm fussing! :rotfl: LOL!

My oldest is named Cadence. So far I have met 1 Cadence ever. My other 2 have more normal names, Elyza and Jonathon.

I babysit for my cousin's kids and the little one is Kadence but they are starting to call her Katie, only they spell it KADE, and wonder why no one pronounces it KATIE

My kids were all named after historical figures; see if you've heard of any of them:

Samuel Colt
Joshua Chamberlain
Molly Grace Pitcher (OK, the Grace was my grandmother's middle name)

Well, I live close to Hartford, so yup, Samuel Colt rings a few bells. Have you ever taken him to visit the Colt complex? There's some very beautiful buildings there

~3 yrs. joseph damion blaze...lots of flack for his name...joseph for my dbf/soulmate of 17 years,helped raise my kids more dad than the dad...and the bets pawpw on earth! anywyas...joseph for his joey,damion because hsi dad loves it and didn't see the need for his name in the mix since it is his son an dwill keep the last name so makes since. and blaze he really loved..and the name suits this boy to a t! he is fiesty but sweet...his great g'ma thought the name evoked thoughts of demons and such same witht he damion but father damion was a priest in a leper colony and i said blaze will blaze his own trails! off track here i know...but we call him blaze or blazer for a nic name

If anyone else gives you any flack about Blaze, you can explain to them that there is a Saint Blaise

http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=28

I never knew that before naming my son, but he is named after both my father and my grandfather. I always thought it was just some kooky Italian name my great grandmother came up with but no, he's a saint. So there you go :thumbsup2

Elizabeth Lindsey (Both family names)

Caroline Murphy (Murphy is a family name as well)

A funny story about Caroline. My DH wanted to name our daughter Calypso. After I got done laughing I said NO WAY. He said he wanted to name her Calypso but call her Callie. He really liked Callie.

I agreed to call her Callie but explained that "Chief Justice Callie" simply did not sound right. So I chose Caroline and we call her Callie for short!

So, be thinking of nicknames as you go along. We call Elizabeth by her full name and I never wanted to shorten it. But at age 3, she saw the movie Monsters Inc and then insisted we all call her "Boo." When she started Kindergarten, she wanted to be Elizabeth again. But all of our good friends and her little sister still call her Boo.

Anyway, kids have a habit of calling their peers by shortened names so be prepared for that. This is especially true for boys.

Best of luck! You will know the right name when you hear it.:thumbsup2

My twin daughters are:

Amy Lynn (first name is after my cousin)
Audrey Lee (first name is after my grandma)

My son is:

Blaise Alexander (there was a Nascar driver named this-I think he drove Busch or ARCA, but he was killed a few years back and I just saw his name on Nascar's website one time years ago when he was killed and liked the name so I named my boy that!)

I never expected to hear Blaise, especially twice on one thread!! WOW!

My kids are

Kayleigh Elizabeth. We found out later that Kayleigh is a derivative of Katherine and my mom is Kathy, but it wasn't planned that way

The twins are Lillian Grace (again, not after anyone, although we did find out that my grandmother had a sister named Grace)

and

Lucian Robert Blaise

I had always said that if I had a son his middle name would be Blaise after my Dad who died when I was 11. Well, FIL died while I was pregnant so Robert got thrown in too. Lucian was picked because we liked Luke but needed a long enough first name to balance out all those middle names and our last name.

Kayleigh is Kayleigh, no real nickname

Lillian answers mostly to Lilly and Lucian is Luke. But, we picked those names based on the nicknames so we are okay with that

Paris Garbielle & London Aubrey

(no, we did not intentionally name them after countries, lol. When we had our first daughter, I wanted to name her London, after a character in a book I read, but dh didn't really go for it. We happened to come across Paris in a baby name book, and went with it, not even thinking of it being related to London. Well, when dd #2 came along, even he agreed, London would be perfect!)

Brittany Jewel Marie
Bethany paige
Tyler mark
Kyle alexander

Joseph Alfred, aka "Joey" -- the Alfred is my dad's name.

Jillian Paige. aka Jillybean -- now known as simply "the bean" -- and it fits her to a t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter