What is/are your child(ren)'s name(s)?

Sophie Emeliana

Sophie for my husband's great grandmother and Emeliana for my grandmother who passed while I was expecting.

Kim

Jillian Paige. aka Jillybean -- now known as simply "the bean" -- and it fits her to a t.

We had Jillian Paige picked out for a girl both times we had boys. Changed our mind by the time our girl came along, but I still love the name! :thumbsup2

My daughter is Keegan Elizabeth, she is 3 weeks old today!

Never thought of Keegan for a girl before, but I LOOVE it! So pretty! :)

Our 3 are:

:cool2: Daniel Vincent - Daniel just because we both loved it. Vincent is after DH's late grandfather.

:wizard: James Patrick - this guy was supposed to be Kevin John while we were pregnant, but he just didn't look like one. DH's late grandfather Vincent (see above), oddly enough, went by Jim (and James was NOT his middle name), so this is sort of after him, too.

princess: Peyton Claire - Peyton just because we both loved it. If she was a boy, her middle name would have been Clay after my late cousin who died of a heart defect as a toddler. Claire was just sort of the feminine version and also, my name is Karen, but DH often called me Claire as a "nickname".:upsidedow

Erin Elizabeth (Elizabeth is my first name)

and

Ryan Michael (Michael is dh's first name)...

the kids love having our names as their middle names.

My sisters first name is my mom's middle name and I was ALWAYS jealous. Of course her name is Rachelle which is cool and french and mine is Tifani- which I hate so that could be partly why. But I was the oldest and if anyone got a namesake it should've been me. But then as namesakes go I'm glad she didn't decide to name me Erval after my Grand:rotfl:

I've noticed (since naming my daughter, Liliana) that it has become trendy (Liliana is an OLD Italian name-DH is Italian) to ad ANA at the end of a name that is otherwise common (Lily barely made the top 100 the year before, but Liliana was nowhere in sight) I took her to get her pictures taken and there were 2 other little girls...Dad #1 calls to his daughter "Ariana...it's time to take your picture" and after they are out of earshot dad #2 says to his wife "aren't you glad we didn't name her Ariana, I keep hearing it now." She agrees it is a popular name and I'm intrigued so I ask what they DID name her and they said "Kayliana" I had to laugh and they looked offended and I explained that my daughter (the same age as the other 2) was a Liliana. They still didn't see the humor in the situation. I ran into a couple at a mutual friends party the other day who have a daughter the same age as My lily whose name is also Liliana and then found out that a girl I went to highschool w/ also has a daughter named Liliana though a few years older. So I wouldn't rely so much on finding a "different" name and just find a name you like.
Syllable balance is KEY. We have a 1 syllable last name so naturally we needed a longer first and middle.also our last name starts w/ an R and some consonants are hard to say back to back...R is one of them so we had to rule out anything that started or ended w/ an R. Once we settled on Liliana, Elizabeth was easy to choose as a middle name. it flowed nicely it had the same classic feminine sound and was the name of the town where my husband was born.
I am puzzled when people give their names that CLEArLY don't go together. A simple test is to scream both names at the top of your lungs as if you were yelling at a child for something they did that warranted that dreaded middle name calling. If you can't yell it w/ flow it will never work for repremanding:rotfl:
Also WHY do people name their kids a name they AREN'T going to call them. My mom's name is Tonya and she's been called Toni all her life. My Grand's name is Erval but her mom called her by her middle (which isn't much better) and her sisters name is Dreama but they call her Sue (her middle name)
Also don't expect that you are going to give your kid a name and THAT is what they will be called..I said Oh, no no no... Her name is LilianaWHATEVER...She gets called Lily regardless of What I say and I can't stop North Easterners from calling her Lili-Anna:confused: So that "I named him Robert" thing isn't gonna fly and My mother inlaw was POSITIVE there was no way to shorten the name Brandon. But let me tell ya, there are 1001nicknames for Brandon...My favorite is Bran Muffin (which is just to irritate him) but mostly we call him Brand much to his mothers disdain.

So I say go with what you like. Make sure you can yell at your child w/ both names (they fear the dreaded "she used both names, I MUST be in trouble" scream) and don't worry about what they'll get called or what their initials spell (though I have a cousin whose initials were very close to being POO until her parents realized-so you may wanna watch out for OBVIOUS ones) or how original it is or who else likes it. and That is my 2 cents for what they're worth.

Good luck I hope you have a WONDERFUL time naming your baby to be and enjoy every second of parenthood.

PS. If you have a girl it is always a bonus if her name sounds good following the word Princess:cutie:
...t.

Our daughters name is Veronica Francesca~ quite a mouth full considering our last name has 12 letters in it (DH is Italian):lmao: I liked the name Veronica because it is a "normal name" but somewhat old fashoined and not widely used. I got it from The Archie comic book series... and yes, she is just like Veroncia Lodge. DH picked out her middle name (at the hospital no less, we couldn't agree!!!!)

If we are blessed with another one we have chosen these names:

Alexandra Victoria or Domenick Isaac, or maybe Giovanni Giordano II (not jr.)... see told you DH was Italian (very Italian) :laughing:

P.s. congrats!!!! :woohoo:

Ella Rose. Dh and I both had had grandmas named Rose.

Avery Ann. My mn is Ann. Anna was a family name in my family for many generations. Dh's mom's, grandma, and both sister's middle names are Ann.

When dh and I started dating, his mom who passed away 11 years ago, told dh that he had to marry me since I had the right mn. We took it as a sign, and I knew that I had to have a dd with that mn.

Emilia Rose (sometimes goes by her nickname "Milllie") and Nora Ruth

I LOVE these names. Our little Naomi was almost a Nora.

Ours are:
:) Wallace Ethan (goes by Ethan--he's the 6th Wallace E; his dad is Wallace Eric.)
:cutie: Charity Michal (her uncle who served a mission in China used the Chinese character for Charity for his family name, and Michal is after another uncle, Michael.)
:) Elijah Justesen (Elijah after Old Testament story relating to his birth, Justesen after a great-great-g'pa, who was alive when he was born)
:) Calvin Heiby (Calvin was a family name in DH's family, Heiby after my paternal g'ma)
:) Levi Barrett (Levi means "joined" in hebrew, born after a vasectomy reversal--who says religious fanatics don't have a sense of humor? ;) and Barrett after dh's maternal g'ma)
:cutie: Naomi Christine (Naomi from the biblical story to honor my wonderful MIL, Christine after my mom)
:cutie: Ivy Michelle (Ivy b/c she's a Christmas baby, Michelle after me)

I had five pregnancies, but I have only two living children right now.

These are their names:

Sarah Elizabeth (miscarriage 12/31/99)

John Francis (stillborn 12/6/00)

Anna Maria (miscarriage 3/25/01)

Mary Margaret (healthy, born 11/26/02)

Francis John (autism but healthy, born 1/19/04)

Jessica Emily (but she is called Jessie) - I just liked the names.

Abigail Hannah (called Abbey) - both names are in 2nd Samuel. We had a heck of a time picking her middle name!

Mason Edward - Mason is his Godmothers maiden name. Edward is after my high school/college sweetheart who was killed in Afghanistan in 2005.

All 3 kids have my maiden name as their third name too.

We have:

Courtney Lynn-we just loved how it sounded and at the time, it was not used often. She was born on Christmas, so we were going to name her Natalie or Noele, but she already had cousins with those names and we did not want to repeat. Oddly enough, about 6 months after we had her, my ex ran into his uncle that he had not seen in about 10 years. His uncle had also had a baby...born 2 months after ours. They named her Courtney Anne. Same last name. They ended up in the same elementary school, same grade. :eek:

Thomas J- We were going to name him Benjamin, but he didn't "look" like a Ben. Four days after I had him, I looked in his little eyes and it popped in my head...TOM! The J is because I wanted to use my exes name (Jerome) for his middle name, but my Ex HATES the name Jerome. :rolleyes: So I just took the J, and we call him TJ.

Morgaine Deborah- Morgaine (rhymes with Poor Rain) is from Mists of Avalon by Harriet Zimmer Bradley. Deborah is my DH's late mom's name. So many people call her Morgan it is not even funny and the botched spellings are interesting. We call her Gainey (pronounced GAY-KNEE) for short.

John William- DH is John L Jr, so we wanted to name DS after him, but did not want him to be John L the third. So we chose William for his middle name, my late father's name.

DS12 is the only Tom in his grade, and there is 1 other in the whole school. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter