What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

McDonald's, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Taco Bell can probably feel like that too, but I still enjoy it.

The one that I never really got was Subway. I would refer to their sub as a bread sandwich. It made me think of the old Wendy’s ads asking “where’s the beef?”. The bread was fresh baked and tasty, but they practically put on the meat and cheese with tweezers. They had those tiny diagonally cut pieces of cheese. I was used to subs containing meat and cheese piled several inches high, and also good bread with a little crunch to the crust. When the whole weight loss angle came about and they went into the stratosphere, I just didn’t get it.

Chik-fil-a always has long lines by me too. They have some items that I do enjoy, a grilled chicken sandwich and some milkshakes (like the current peach one), but I too stare at their lines and then at the almost deserted Wendys and Burger King across the street and am amazed. They had to add a second drive through line, opened another location maybe a mile and a half further down the same road, and are still mobbed. I do find their service/employees are usually a cut above what is typically found at other fast food places.

In general, I think of places Jakes Wayback, Smashburger, Steak and Shake, Five Guys, Habit, etc as the next step up above Mc Donald’s, Burger King and Wendy’s. A little more expensive, but generally a thicker hamburger. Not that everything at all places is a winner in my book. But around here none on that list seem to have the hype factor (no In-N-Out here, so I have only read about the devotion to them, and only went to one once when on vacation).

Chik-fil-a always has long lines by me too. They have some items that I do enjoy, a grilled chicken sandwich and some milkshakes (like the current peach one), but I too stare at their lines and then at the almost deserted Wendys and Burger King across the street and am amazed. They had to add a second drive through line, opened another location maybe a mile and a half further down the same road, and are still mobbed. I do find their service/employees are usually a cut above what is typically found at other fast food places.

I do find it baffling that they are always packed because all they have is chicken sandwiches.
No fried chicken or hamburgers or large menu.

I mean their sandwiches are okay but there are alot of good chicken sandwiches.
I'll admit I like the waffle fries.

Makes me wonder if they have some carney car's in the drive through during slow times to make it seem busy which attracts a crowd whereas burger king is always dead so nobody wants to go there.

I do find it baffling that they are always packed because all they have is chicken sandwiches.
No fried chicken or hamburgers or large menu.

I mean their sandwiches are okay but there are alot of good chicken sandwiches.
I'll admit I like the waffle fries.

Makes me wonder if they have some carney car's in the drive through during slow times to make it seem busy which attracts a crowd whereas burger king is always dead so nobody wants to go there.
Just like what Disney (sadly) used to be famous for, excellent customer service creates loyalty.

The one that I never really got was Subway. I would refer to their sub as a bread sandwich. It made me think of the old Wendy’s ads asking “where’s the beef?”. The bread was fresh baked and tasty, but they practically put on the meat and cheese with tweezers. They had those tiny diagonally cut pieces of cheese. I was used to subs containing meat and cheese piled several inches high, and also good bread with a little crunch to the crust. When the whole weight loss angle came about and they went into the stratosphere, I just didn’t get it.

Subway was just built on that pedophile Jared's story and how that gave the perception of being healthy and his losing weight.

There really is nothing else that is appealing about there food. Plus you have to get out of your car since they never have drive throughs.

McDonald's, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Taco Bell can probably feel like that too, but I still enjoy it.
Wouldn't you have to be rated to be overratred?
To your points, I think McDonalds has that global footprint where it can't help but be "rated". If you took any fast food place, you're probably going to use SOME part of the McDonalds operation as a baseline/benchmark.

And with that said, the Egg McMuffins, fries (if you ask for no salt) and coffee are the best part of McDonalds. Although I understand that they got rid of all day breakfast in the US so... yeah.

There really is nothing else that is appealing about there food. Plus you have to get out of your car since they never have drive throughs.
No drive thrus is actually a plus in my mind. Or at least it was prior to March.

Polarizing how?

Here are a few quick links to run it down for you.

https://www.mashed.com/149777/why-chick-fil-a-really-keeps-getting-banned-from-places/
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/5/29/18644354/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-donations-homophobia-dan-cathy

To me, I don't like Chick fil A, but it is because got violently ill on a chicken sandwich in the 8th grade and will never eat one again. (Thanks, Jack in the Box!) However, I did try their waffle fries ... nope. I put them in same category as Arby's curly fries, weak substitution for the real thing. Give me McD's fries (if only with beef fat)! :)

I thought it was OK, but I don't get the almost religious devotion. It's fast food. It's not any particularly good bargain. And they just soak that thing in MSG. And it's the only fast food chain I know of (other than Sonic which has slushes) that still uses styrofoam cups.

As a former west coaster I didn't get the hype. Living and working in the south CFA is what is often brought in for working breakfasts and lunch. A tray of chicken minis is a fantastic start to any meeting :) The chicken is fine, fries, ehh. The long lines can be frustrating, but if I want it bad enough I'll wait in it. IMO what sets them apart is their customer service. Employees are polite, courteous, stores are clean, and rarely is my order incorrect.

Here are a few quick links to run it down for you.

https://www.mashed.com/149777/why-chick-fil-a-really-keeps-getting-banned-from-places/
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/5/29/18644354/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-donations-homophobia-dan-cathy

To me, I don't like Chick fil A, but it is because got violently ill on a chicken sandwich in the 8th grade and will never eat one again. (Thanks, Jack in the Box!) However, I did try their waffle fries ... nope. I put them in same category as Arby's curly fries, weak substitution for the real thing. Give me McD's fries (if only with beef fat)! :)
This anti LGBTQ thing got started when Truett Cathy was once asked a baiting question. (It is not a real question when you already know what the response will be) He was asked what his belief was on marriage. It was well known what his beliefs were. He stated that his religion dictated for traditional beliefs of marriage between a man and a woman. He did not say he hated homosexuality or that he would refuse to serve homosexuals. That led to a media campaign that he was anti-gay.
So, the articles you posted are a testament of the "you will say things publicly that we want you to say or we will break you". He was aware of the impending attacks, but he stood by his principles. Thus, the restaurant is banned from many places, including most airports (but boy CNN is in practically all of them).
Thank you for posting the articles to show that anything that is not "woke" will not be tolerated.

Five Guys.

At the end of the day, it's about $12-14 for a burger, fries, and a drink. Sure, they give you an extra scoop of fries (that you really don't need) but you're also paying a lot more for those fries.

It's definitely better than McDonald's but it's also a lot more expensive and on par with sit down restaurant burgers.

----

Now, Chick-fil-A...I don't care if you don't like the food or not but their customer service is impeccable. The lines are long but they move those lines faster than any other fast food restaurant and I've seen on multiple occasions, employees standing with an umbrella ready to walk people to and from their cars in the rain. It's amazing.

This anti LGBTQ thing got started when Truett Cathy was once asked a baiting question. (It is not a real question when you already know what the response will be) He was asked what his belief was on marriage. It was well known what his beliefs were. He stated that his religion dictated for traditional beliefs of marriage between a man and a woman. He did not say he hated homosexuality or that he would refuse to serve homosexuals. That led to a media campaign that he was anti-gay.
So, the articles you posted are a testament of the "you will say things publicly that we want you to say or we will break you". He was aware of the impending attacks, but he stood by his principles. Thus, the restaurant is banned from many places, including most airports (but boy CNN is in practically all of them).
Thank you for posting the articles to show that anything that is not "woke" will not be tolerated.

It's not just the words, they donate money to anti-LGBTQ charities and causes.

There are very few near where I live, so I'm not so much boycotting them as not going out of my way to eat there. I like the Popeyes chicken sandwich better, anyway (Popeyes is also not super easy to find around me, but I have gone looking for them).

I became aware with the controversy because of charitable contributions to a organization that was very anti LGBTQ, not an interview question.

The action I liked with Chick fil A is that they opened on a Sunday to help aid those in need during the Pulse nightclub shooting. That doesn't seem anti LGBTQ to me.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion and go to whatever establishment they chose.

Last edited:
If these organizations do not support gay marriage (due to their religious beliefs), it does not make them anti-gay.
For goodness sakes, one of the organizations is The Salvation Army.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter