What is the most overrated fast food restaurant ?

To your points, I think McDonalds has that global footprint where it can't help but be "rated". If you took any fast food place, you're probably going to use SOME part of the McDonalds operation as a baseline/benchmark.

And with that said, the Egg McMuffins, fries (if you ask for no salt) and coffee are the best part of McDonalds. Although I understand that they got rid of all day breakfast in the US so... yeah.

No drive thrus is actually a plus in my mind. Or at least it was prior to March.
Literally the three things I order from McDonald's, down to the no salt.

What's the name of the all you can eat pizza chain? My daughter got food poisoning at one, so I vote for that as being over-rated. They used to run ads here for it - found the name - Cici's! Very overrated, gross food.

Overpriced? The burgers are only $8 to $9. Better than the poser places here in Seattle trying to charge $25 for a hamburger.

How about the other end of the spectrum with Dick's? I've been to Dick's a few times. It thought it was fine, but the big deal used to be how cheap it was. I think it was $1.25 for a 1/8 lb burger. The last time I was there I think it went up to maybe $1.75. It's just kind of strange when a no-frills place known for being cheap starts raising their prices because it's trendy.

To your points, I think McDonalds has that global footprint where it can't help but be "rated". If you took any fast food place, you're probably going to use SOME part of the McDonalds operation as a baseline/benchmark.
I attribute that to the way they handled themselves over the early years. Eventually having people gravitate to them. Some might have felt inspired themselves to open a fast food chain like that. Even Burger King's origins were inspired by McDonald's. McD's are certainly the most popular chain. They did it right back in the day. The History Channel has a neat short article that goes into their rise to prominence in our world. I found it a good read: https://www.history.com/news/how-mcdonalds-became-fast-food-giant

However, their my issue with them is that they don't seem to do much these days to feel relevant other than just being a household name. It's been that way for many years. The company just hasn't evolved enough to change with the times. They just don't seem like "the standard" anymore. At least places like Arby's, Taco Bell, and Jack in the Box are at least doing something different more often to keep up. Whether that's chaning up how they serve, or what they offer to customers. Even Wendy's has recently introduced a breakfast menu. So that's a reason why I feel McDonald's is just overrated.

There really is nothing else that is appealing about there food. Plus you have to get out of your car since they never have drive throughs.

We actually have 3 in our town that have drive thrus. I never go to Subway but apparently the new one has a touch screen in the drive thru so you just enter what you want without leaving the car.

If these organizations do not support gay marriage (due to their religious beliefs), it does not make them anti-gay.
For goodness sakes, one of the organizations is The Salvation Army.

It does make you anti-gay if you contribute to organizations that work to remove the civil rights of the LGBTQ population. They were doing that. I believe they stopped once called out. That said, I'm "weak" and don't generally boycott so I kept going and a gay relative of mine continued to work for them through all of that. A job's a job.

It's not just the words, they donate money to anti-LGBTQ charities and causes.

There are very few near where I live, so I'm not so much boycotting them as not going out of my way to eat there. I like the Popeyes chicken sandwich better, anyway (Popeyes is also not super easy to find around me, but I have gone looking for them).

I think boycotting Subway is much more important since their whole success is built on that pedophile Jared.
They turned a blind eye to him for years. He has a history that goes all the way back to his dorm room at IU where he was running an adult video rental business. So if you are boycotting Chick Fil A you should also be boycotting Subway.

However, their my issue with them is that they don't seem to do much these days to feel relevant other than just being a household name. It's been that way for many years. The company just hasn't evolved enough to change with the times. They just don't seem like "the standard" anymore. At least places like Arby's, Taco Bell, and Jack in the Box are at least doing something different more often to keep up. Whether that's chaning up how they serve, or what they offer to customers. Even Wendy's has recently introduced a breakfast menu. So that's a reason why I feel McDonald's is just overrated.
That's interesting because from what I've seen in Ontario they've certainly tried to evolve as much, perhaps moreso, than competitors. They'd largely renovated locations to make it more inviting to sit and eat (somewhat irrelevant right now of course). They added touchscreen kiosks, and moved to a ticket system that - in theory - increases the speed of their assemble-to-order process (it doesn't, but it speeds up the ordering part of things). Bakery items for people that just want a croissant. Their app is not bad.

Maybe it's different in the US, but everything I've seen up here is not indicative of a company that's flailing around or sitting on their laurels. It seems more like they have been working hard to keep up with the times. You do see missteps, and that usually comes from really overstepping on a concept. But I don't think it's any worse than missteps that other companies have done in the past. Hence, I still think of them as the benchmark, that "rated" place you're comparing the other restaurants to.

I don’t eat fast food often, but my picks would be Chick Fil A and Five Guys.

CFA has only been in the local area for a couple years and it was always mobbed in the beginning, I guess due to its reputation. I’ve had it a handful of times and IMO, it’s good but not outstanding. I don’t care much for Five Guys burgers, and the big grease-soaked bag of fries is so unappetizing. :crazy2:

No In and Out on the east coast but I hear they’re comparable to Shake Shack, which I like a lot, so would love to try it some day.

In and Out is okay, but the local gourmet burger places are better.
Chick-Fil-A, don't get the draw. Same with 5 Guys.
And when I was in Canada, Tim Hortons.
Tim Hortons was our savior. The turkey club was devine!

We were on bicycles and never thought you would ride all day without seeing any place to eat vs you can't go 5 feet without hitting another restaurant in the US. We would eventually end up finding a Tim Hortons and devouring turkey club sandwiches. 6 days in Canada and only ate at one restaurant that wasn't a Tim Hortons. Don't know what they normally taste like, but it tasted like gold after 50 miles and we've yet to even find breakfast and it's 3 in the afternoon.

Tim Hortons was our savior. The turkey club was devine!

We were on bicycles and never thought you would ride all day without seeing any place to eat vs you can't go 5 feet without hitting another restaurant in the US. We would eventually end up finding a Tim Hortons and devouring turkey club sandwiches. 6 days in Canada and only ate at one restaurant that wasn't a Tim Hortons. Don't know what they normally taste like, but it tasted like gold after 50 miles and we've yet to even find breakfast and it's 3 in the afternoon.
Exercise would improve the taste of any food. My cousins in Canada tend to favor Dairy Queen. Fries with gravy. Not poutine because no cheese curds. 4 of them worked at KFC as teens so they avoid there. Their mom asked one of them to cut up a whole chicken for dinner at home and horrified that instead of 8 pieces, there were 10. That's how the Colonel stretches a chicken, cutting chickens into pieces that don't exist.

I think boycotting Subway is much more important since their whole success is built on that pedophile Jared.
They turned a blind eye to him for years. He has a history that goes all the way back to his dorm room at IU where he was running an adult video rental business. So if you are boycotting Chick Fil A you should also be boycotting Subway.

I don't go out of my way to eat at Subway, either, but they're harder to avoid since they're everywhere. It was pretty much my only option when I worked at Macy's if I had a short meal break - it was a dying mall with the worst food court ever. The non-chain Greek place was much better, but they cooked everything to order so it took a while to get your food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter