When will AP return?

Been on hold for 33min so far...I'll post back. I saw one poster who said he spent 3 hours and still came away without new APs...

So wish me luck....

If I have to hear 🎵Canadaaaaaaaaaaa🎵 one more time I may lose my mind...

I've been stalking this thread for weeks and happy to read that there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to hearing back from you and hope you get what you need! :)

Online chat today said they still can't upgrade my Gold AP to Platinum AP... Maybe sometime soon I'll have Platinum AP to go with my Xmas stay.

Online chat today said they still can't upgrade my Gold AP to Platinum AP... Maybe sometime soon I'll have Platinum AP to go with my Xmas stay.
I would call. Online chat told me I couldn't renew my Premier to a Platinum AP but when I called MS, I was able to do so.

Ok so here's the scoop....After being on hold for an hour and 1/2 I finally reached a CM.

1. From my understanding no CMs have the ability to allow purchasing a new AP for cancelled passes. They only have the ability to qualify you to be able to purchase a new AP based on your cancellation.
2. If you do qualify, the CM will fill out a form on your behalf and someone else will call you back within 72 hours to allow you to purchase a new AP.
3. Right now they are not allowing purchasing of New APs for anyone who did not previously have one and cancel it. However, that being said, it never hurts to be nice, state your case, and ask anyway. You never know...

When and if I receive the call back I will post an update of that experience here as well.

Last edited:

I would call. Online chat told me I couldn't renew my Premier to a Platinum AP but when I called MS, I was able to do so.

Renewing though is different then changing passes and upgrading, From all reports, that is still on hold.

on hold for 45 minutes before getting a CM. Listened to the Canada Circlevision music (I think?) many times. Also there's Raiders of the Lost Ark music? Which made me think I was delicately substituting a bag of sand for the golden AP in the opening scene of the move.

Actual time was 10-15 minutes, and as @nickg420 said, after they checked that we were eligible to get new passes, I was put on a list and told to expect a call back in ~72 hours.

Canadaaaaaaaa🎷🎺🎸

Also: our youngest's AP was about 6 months offset from the rest of the family because she turned 3 in the middle of our cycle. So a silver lining in all this is that we will now all be on the same cycle.

Last edited:

on hold for 45 minutes before getting a CM. Listened to the Canada Circlevision music (I think?) many times. Also there's Raiders of the Lost Ark music? Which made me think I was delicately substituting a bag of sand for the golden AP in the opening scene of the move.

Actual time was 10-15 minutes, and as @nickg420 said, after they checked that we were eligible to get new passes, I was put on a list and told to expect a call back in ~72 hours.

Canadaaaaaaaa🎷🎺🎸

Also: our youngest's AP was about 6 months offset from the rest of the family because she turned 3 in the middle of our cycle. So a silver lining in all this is that we will now all be on the same cycle.

Hold music, I never mind it when calling Disney. ;)

That's awesome though, glad you're on the path to getting what you need. I'm hoping this means the rest of us who don't have cancelled APs will have access soon. Thanks for getting back to us! :)

Checks for 3 out of 4 APs (all 4 canceled on 8/10 or 11) came in the mail on Saturday. The 4yo had an AP bought off cycle when she turned 3, and only had a month or so left on it when Covid happened, so we are not expecting much from that one, which is the only one missing. The other 3 were renewals and we got almost $550 back for each one. Even though we only got 1 trip out of those passes, it was an 11 day park hopping extravaganza over Christmas and New Years, which ended up costing about $300 per person for the park admissions.

Also, update: when I called last week to get "qualified" (my term), they said to expect a call back within 48 hours. Which didn't happen, so I first called the DVC line to ask about the AP and DVC discount, and was told they're still not selling APs, and to call the Passholder line. So, here we are, on hold again...
(Has anyone gotten the callback, and what do they do on that call?)

🍁🇨🇦
Canadaaaaaa, my Canadaaaaa... You're a lifeline of wonder on this Planet Earth ....
(I'm not Canadian, but sometimes I pretend I am...)

So does everyone think the gold pass will return as a thing? Someone (who I think was being pessimistic) said they don’t think that the gold pass will end up ever returning as a thing (and therefore isn’t a perk of being a direct member)

So does everyone think the gold pass will return as a thing? Someone (who I think was being pessimistic) said they don’t think that the gold pass will end up ever returning as a thing (and therefore isn’t a perk of being a direct member)
Anything and everything is on the table, and the more time goes on, the more desperate Disney parks will become. I think there's a good chance you'll see all sorts of ideas being thrown on the wall to see what sticks.

Half of me would love to be on the Disney Parks marketing team right now (for the challenge), and the other half would run screaming (because of the challenge).

Checks for 3 out of 4 APs (all 4 canceled on 8/10 or 11) came in the mail on Saturday. The 4yo had an AP bought off cycle when she turned 3, and only had a month or so left on it when Covid happened, so we are not expecting much from that one, which is the only one missing. The other 3 were renewals and we got almost $550 back for each one. Even though we only got 1 trip out of those passes, it was an 11 day park hopping extravaganza over Christmas and New Years, which ended up costing about $300 per person for the park admissions.

Also, update: when I called last week to get "qualified" (my term), they said to expect a call back within 48 hours. Which didn't happen, so I first called the DVC line to ask about the AP and DVC discount, and was told they're still not selling APs, and to call the Passholder line. So, here we are, on hold again...
(Has anyone gotten the callback, and what do they do on that call?)

🍁🇨🇦
Canadaaaaaa, my Canadaaaaa... You're a lifeline of wonder on this Planet Earth ....
(I'm not Canadian, but sometimes I pretend I am...)

I was told 72 Hours and that was only M-F so since I called on Friday, I am going to give them until the end of the week before I call back. Besides, I really don't think the CM on the AP Hotline will be able to do anything other than note your account that you called back and have not received a call yet. My understanding is they do not have the authority, nor the ability, to sell an AP at this time. However, that being said, I wish you luck, and let us know how it turns out :)

You mean returning at all or just as an option for DVC? I don't see any reason they would eliminate the Gold pass entirely.

Half of me would love to be on the Disney Parks marketing team right now (for the challenge), and the other half would run screaming (because of the challenge).
This is me, thinking about anything related to the pandemic!

I was told 72 Hours and that was only M-F so since I called on Friday, I am going to give them until the end of the week before I call back. Besides, I really don't think the CM on the AP Hotline will be able to do anything other than note your account that you called back and have not received a call yet. My understanding is they do not have the authority, nor the ability, to sell an AP at this time. However, that being said, I wish you luck, and let us know how it turns out :)

Oh, I thought you had called before me! After being on hold another 50 minutes, I had to give them my info *again* and be told to wait for a call back in 48 hours. The CM I spoke to last week had more visibility than the one this week, who was from Disney Vacations and offered to help me with a package. (Last week, the CM could see the one family member who had a differently-timed AP from the rest of us, and could see that we all qualified; today, the CM was only filling out another form for someone with visibility to do the qualification step. Feels like a step backwards.)

You mean returning at all or just as an option for DVC? I don't see any reason they would eliminate the Gold pass entirely.
Both. Do you think it will return at all? And if so, is there any reason they would no longer have it as a direct perk? Seems like that would pretty much take away a big chunk of the incentive to buy direct.

Both. Do you think it will return at all? And if so, is there any reason they would no longer have it as a direct perk? Seems like that would pretty much take away a big chunk of the incentive to buy direct.
The one thing the CM on the phone said today was that the FL resident AP discount was still going forward, so if they're selling that, then it seems easy enough to sell the Gold Pass as well.

Id bet money it will return because they offer them to FL residents as well.

I think people forget sometimes that WDPR doesn’t make decisions thinking of just DVC. This decision was based on APs in general.

There were lots of.Complaints to Disney from AP holders, especially locals about the value of it. Honestly it was after that that they stopped selling and offered the cancel option.

So, better to not sell an inferior product at the same price.

I am soooo ready for APs to come back. That is what is holding me back from going now.

There is a 100% certainty that if I were to go as soon as I got back home APs would be available again.

Maybe I should take one for the team and just go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter