When will AP return?

Id bet money it will return because they offer them to FL residents as well.

I think people forget sometimes that WDPR doesn’t make decisions thinking of just DVC. This decision was based on APs in general.

There were lots of.Complaints to Disney from AP holders, especially locals about the value of it. Honestly it was after that that they stopped selling and offered the cancel option.

So, better to not sell an inferior product at the same price.
Would be great if at least they brought back some sort of DVC Annual Pass if not the Gold Pass.

I think they will...but not until all AP sales open for everyone.

I'm just 18 days away from the opening of my 11-month booking window and hoping APs go on sale by then, or that Disney at least extends the standard ticket purchase period which right now is only showing through 9/26/20.

Yeah, I don't see them getting rid of the gold pass, but that's just my uninformed opinion. It doesn't make sense to get rid it at this point, especially after having ruffled a lot of DVC member feathers. Not mine, my feathers are still intact so far. ;)

I think they will...but not until all AP sales open for everyone.
Is the rumor true that if you canceled your annual pass during the closure that they will sell you a new AP? My dad called in and they said he was eligible and were going to sell him a Platinum or Gold Pass. They offered to extend his pass 30 days at no charge to cover his November trip and so he could also renew when he was down there.

Is the rumor true that if you canceled your annual pass during the closure that they will sell you a new AP? My dad called in and they said he was eligible and were going to sell him a Platinum or Gold Pass. They offered to extend his pass 30 days at no charge to cover his November trip and so he could also renew when he was down there.

Yes, that is true. Those who did cancel or it expired during the closure are allowed to purchase.

Sandisw (or anyone else), do you know if you repurchase under that expired pass program what the dates on the new pass would be? That is, 12 months from the purchase date, or 12 months from your old expiration date? I'll call MS to confirm of course, just curious if anyone could share their experience.

Sandisw (or anyone else), do you know if you repurchase under that expired pass program what the dates on the new pass would be? That is, 12 months from the purchase date, or 12 months from your old expiration date? I'll call MS to confirm of course, just curious if anyone could share their experience.

From what I have read, you are purchasing new passes. So, the start date is when you enter the park for the first time.

I believe you have to call the AP line and not MS.

I had an out of state Platinum AP that expired back in July. I opted not to take then extension, so I got refund on it. Going by the criteria stated, I should be eligible to buy a new pass (not a renewal) that doesn't activate until first use.

I've recently purchased DVC direct from Disney and have the blue card. Anyone know if I can now buy the DVC Gold pass under the current criteria?

Yes, that is true. Those who did cancel or it expired during the closure are allowed to purchase.

This is what we are told, and we were told we were to get a call back within 48 hours, but I've now done that twice and not gotten a call back.

@nickg420 - have you had any luck?

Has anyone else called the AP line, gotten "qualified" and then gotten the call back?

It would not shock me if they changed the structure of APs going forward, and the whole Gold-Platinum-PlatPlus stuff modified.

New leadership at Parks seems to view this as a Start Over, Blank Slate card in many respects.

Last edited:
i called yesterday PM, good thing is it only took 15 minutes to get through...the CM took my information, and said somebody will call back, and i don't remember she mentioned within how many hours...based on what you guys are saying, doubt i will hear anything this week...

This is what we are told, and we were told we were to get a call back within 48 hours, but I've now done that twice and not gotten a call back.

@nickg420 - have you had any luck?

Has anyone else called the AP line, gotten "qualified" and then gotten the call back?
On the big thread on the TPAS board, people are reporting getting callbacks 7 days or more after their first call. You can read the last couple of pages here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/.

On the big thread on the TPAS board, people are reporting getting callbacks 7 days or more after their first call. You can read the last couple of pages here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/.
Thanks. I have now seen a new issue, which is that one of my family's APs that was supposed to have been canceled when I called in August is showing that it "expired" on Sept. 13. We got refunds for the other 3 last weekend.

55 minutes on hold ...

1:50 min total ...

and still no APs but hopefully the "expired" AP that I had canceled will get a refund.

Last edited:
The call took 2 hours and I now have a headache... but all is good. I found out that when I canceled our APs back in August, our 4yo's (which was off-cycle because we'd bought it when she turned 3) didn't get canceled. The other 3 of us had consecutive AP## and hers didn't, and so it "expired" in Sept.

We would have gotten around $100+ refunded, so they suggested we just renew it because the savings on the renewal would be better than buying new passes. I said that I would prefer to have the pass be on the same cycle and since we don't have clear plans when we will be back, but will likely be trying to go over Xmas 2021, I'd rather wait and get a new one so her AP would cover that trip. After more time/escalation, Disney ended up suggesting that I renew (at a discount that would be greater than the refund) and then when I got the call back* to get passes for everyone else, that they would extend her expiration date to go with our new passes. So, it all worked out even better than I had hoped, except ...

*except I am still waiting for that vaunted "call back" to get everyone else's passes! :surfweb:

I promise I won't call again until at least October 14...

Just got my call back...

They sold me FL Resident Passes for my wife and I and I also talked them into allowing me to purchase APs for my 2 kids since we already had a trip booked for December. The only caveat is I had to pay for all 4 upfront, which I was more than happy to do.

1 Gold and 3 Silvers. I am a happy camper!!

Just got my call back...

They sold me FL Resident Passes for my wife and I and I also talked them into allowing me to purchase APs for my 2 kids since we already had a trip booked for December. The only caveat is I had to pay for all 4 upfront, which I was more than happy to do.

So if i traced it right, 9 days since you made the call, eventually got a callback?

Just got my call back...

Nice! Does this mean I might be able to buy APs for my kiddos (I had just recently renewed my AP rather than cancel it)? Or did this seem like a one-time exception?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter