Zootopia to Rafiki's planet watch Monsters to DHS

I have no issue with either of those IPs being represented in their respective parks. But I have an issue with their exact locations.

The train station for RPW is deep in the Africa section. It wouldn't make sense thematically to turn that into the Zootopia monorail and have said land be so isolated from the rest of the park.

Retheming RnRC to Monsters Inc doesn't make thematic sense either, at least the way the coaster is designed. Also the land area being proposed for a Monsters Inc land is ridiculously huge. It would be a waste on one property that isn't remotely a megahit like Star Wars. That area could fit a multitude of various IP properties. I don't want this park to shoehorn in the Pixar to the degree it's being done at DCA.

If it means that "Monsters Inc" is out of Tomorrowland, I'd happily greet the new land with open arms.

But I don't think that Rock n Roller coaster is a good fit for the lead attraction. The ride scares many adults, so picture what it would do to children. This attraction has always been for the teen and up gang.

They would have to completely change the ride to fit a general audience and I don't think Disney is willing to do that. They are more likely to find an IP that fits the type of ride they already have. If the kiddie corp want to go on a coaster they should head to Toy Story Land next year.

Last edited:
I have nothing against zootopia but I'd rather it not end up in animal kingdom. It would feel kind of weird and mesh with the idea of the park in my view, but I supposed you could look at it differently.

I'm down for a monsters inc whatever but it definitely wouldn't warrant that big a land

I don't see Monaters Inc getting a land because in comparison to Toy Story, the IP just isn't as strong to justify a land. Wouldn't surprise me if they just moved the laugh floor from Tormorrowland and just chucked it in the little mermaid show building or something.

I'd actually quite like that.

Zootopia id rather they went in Epcot somewhere

The train station for RPW is deep in the Africa section. It wouldn't make sense thematically to turn that into the Zootopia monorail and have said land be so isolated from the rest of the park.

They could add a tram/monorail along the east edge of the park, from near Theater of the Wild to near Affection Station, and theme it to Zootopia. It could be like the Harry Potter train between IOA and USF with screens rather than windows. Then they could add a few more things on the north side of the park, like an Outback with Australian animals or a zootopia attraction.

I'm still amazed people think Zootopia belongs in AK. The very premise of Zootopia is the exact opposite of the reality of Animal Kingdom. At least with Lion King you get some realism with Circle of Life. With Zootopia you get kumbaya we don't actually need to eat... It made for a good movie, but a lousy concept for a nature themed park.

I'm still amazed people think Zootopia belongs in AK. The very premise of Zootopia is the exact opposite of the reality of Animal Kingdom. At least with Lion King you get some realism with Circle of Life. With Zootopia you get kumbaya we don't actually need to eat... It made for a good movie, but a lousy concept for a nature themed park.

I agree. It has animals, but it has nothing to do with conservation.

So, Martin at WDWMagic has stated there are some long term plans for the area just below the conservation station, did not say it was Zootopia, but did not deny it either. Also he said this fall behind the que of redoing Dinoland.

I watched that one he was just speculating if I remember correctly. I like his stuff but you are right not really credible source.

I don't think he is really a "source" - he more just collects other info/rumors and packages together - he's usually good about sourcing where the images are from

I find his vlog to be pretty good- presents the info/rumor in a pretty concise manner (sometimes nice to watch a 6 minute video rather than a 30 minute one)

For a park already struggling with "not enough to do" why would they overlay probably the second most popular attraction instead of creating something new. It makes zero sense.

My 6 year old DD rode RnR last November and loved it. She was so excited she made the height the CMs gave her a few paper FP and she rode it three times in a row. Of course she's been riding TOT since she was 4 so maybe she's a bit of a daredevil:rotfl:

Same here. My 6-yr old DS just reached the height requirement this trip and RnR has quickly become one of his favorite rides. I think there are many 6-10 yr olds who would reach the height requirement. Adults may like it too.

I agree. It has animals, but it has nothing to do with conservation.

I see your points, but in a park that has Dinoland U.S.A, Pandora, and almost Beastly Kingdom anything with an animal is up for discussion. It doesn't even matter if the animal is dead, real or completely made up.

Last edited:
I don't see Monaters Inc getting a land because in comparison to Toy Story, the IP just isn't as strong to justify a land. Wouldn't surprise me if they just moved the laugh floor from Tormorrowland and just chucked it in the little mermaid show building or something.

I'd actually quite like that.

Zootopia id rather they went in Epcot somewhere
I can't see any way that Zootopia would fit in Epcot?!

I can't see any way that Zootopia would fit in Epcot?!

The argument could be made that the movie promotes diversity and different cultures and walks of life living together harmoniously. Fundamentally, that's the essence of World Showcase. It just uses a furry vehicle to deliver the message.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter