2012 Weddings!!

I'm new to this website so just getting use to everything - First post!! :)

We fly out to Orlando on 27th May
I'm getting married 4th June 2012!!! :):banana: at the WDW Wedding Pavillion then having our reception dinner in Citricos Chef Domain.

So Exciting!!! xxx

:cool1:
So after much fuss over the wedding date I just got off the phone with Disney, and I am so excited to announce that DF and I officially got our 12/17 escape wedding at the WP! Futterwacken Time :cool1::cool1::dance3:

Hi! I just wanted to say, that I'm getting Married this weekend!! Woohoo! So excited! I just wanted to wish everyone who is having their wedding this weekend a very Happy Wedding Day!

Hi! I just wanted to say, that I'm getting Married this weekend!! Woohoo! So excited! I just wanted to wish everyone who is having their wedding this weekend a very Happy Wedding Day!

:yay: I hope your wedding goes great!

:yay:I cant believe my wedding is this Saturday and I leave tomorrow!!! :yay:

Good luck to all the Saturday Disney Brides!!

I just found this thread so it's a little late, and I'm not sure if this even counts, but we are getting married June 30th in NY (Disney-themed), and then will be Disneymooning July 1-8 :)

Congrats to everyone else getting married this year! :)

Just joining in after lurking for awhile. Wanted to wait until after we signed our LOA. We will be getting married on December 6th at SBP, then reception at Boardwalk and then a dessert party in Uk Lochside.

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, finally joined :wave2: We'll be getting married on Sept. 1, 2012 at the WP, with a reception at GF. Then we're doing a Disneyminimoon haha. We can't wait!!!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten married recently..

So i was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem im having since we're having disney weddings. Im getting people who are inviting other people i sent out the invitations and i sent some to a specific person or couple and im getting the rsvp's back saying 2 or 4 when i only invited that 1 person or that 1 couple. like people are seriously inviting themselves to my wedding also wheither i send them an invitation or not. its getting crazy. at 1st i thought it was cool that i have people that want to be there when my family was giving me a hard time but now that were getting the prices and everything i litteraly feel like crying over it. one person sent me an IM saying are you sending my invitation to me or is the one for mom for all of us. now granted i wasnt inviting her because ive only met her once had ice cream with her for all of like 30 minutes and didnt even talk. got her moms responce the other day and thats the one that said 4.. i also love it when people invite other people and dont even say who the other people are that they invited.. anyway of handling this? im to nice and i know people's feelings are going to get hurt and i want to avoidd that but we know how expensive disney is and that we're on a budget.

Congrats to everyone who has gotten married recently..

So i was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem im having since we're having disney weddings. Im getting people who are inviting other people i sent out the invitations and i sent some to a specific person or couple and im getting the rsvp's back saying 2 or 4 when i only invited that 1 person or that 1 couple. like people are seriously inviting themselves to my wedding also wheither i send them an invitation or not. its getting crazy. at 1st i thought it was cool that i have people that want to be there when my family was giving me a hard time but now that were getting the prices and everything i litteraly feel like crying over it. one person sent me an IM saying are you sending my invitation to me or is the one for mom for all of us. now granted i wasnt inviting her because ive only met her once had ice cream with her for all of like 30 minutes and didnt even talk. got her moms responce the other day and thats the one that said 4.. i also love it when people invite other people and dont even say who the other people are that they invited.. anyway of handling this? im to nice and i know people's feelings are going to get hurt and i want to avoidd that but we know how expensive disney is and that we're on a budget.

I've been having similar issues. DF's cousin sent back a RSVP for 2 when we ony sent it to him as he is unmarried. We aren't even inviting dates for his brother's so how are we supposed to be ok with the cousin bringing a date?

I've been having similar issues. DF's cousin sent back a RSVP for 2 when we ony sent it to him as he is unmarried. We aren't even inviting dates for his brother's so how are we supposed to be ok with the cousin bringing a date?

i wonder why people think its ok to do that. its like its a normal wedding if you wouldnt invite someone to a local wedding why would you invite them to a disney wedding. im glad im not the only one going through this. have you told them about it? I didnt say for any of the "singles" to have a plus one but were getting that an them some.

Some people do it regardless if it is a Disney Wedding or local wedding. We got married many years ago,(not a destination wedding) and had guests send the respond cards back with additional uninvited guests, also not saying WHO the guest is. In one case the +1 happened to be someone I most definitely did NOT want at my wedding. In most cases my parents called and explained that the hall only holds X amount, so unfortunately we can not extend and invitation to (insert name) or (if you don't know who the + guest(s) are) can not extend and invitation to any additional guests other than who the invitation stated. Most people were really understanding about it. And the ones that weren't came to realize when they themselves were planning a wedding.
Good luck to all you brides with all these kind of issues. Hopefully everyone will be understanding.

Some people do it regardless if it is a Disney Wedding or local wedding. We got married many years ago,(not a destination wedding) and had guests send the respond cards back with additional uninvited guests, also not saying WHO the guest is. In one case the +1 happened to be someone I most definitely did NOT want at my wedding. In most cases my parents called and explained that the hall only holds X amount, so unfortunately we can not extend and invitation to (insert name) or (if you don't know who the + guest(s) are) can not extend and invitation to any additional guests other than who the invitation stated. Most people were really understanding about it. And the ones that weren't came to realize when they themselves were planning a wedding.
Good luck to all you brides with all these kind of issues. Hopefully everyone will be understanding.

Thanks. We'll have to try that. I can deal with my 1 friend who did the +1 without a name and i dont know who it is i didnt know he was dating anyone so i can handle him but since the other person is my mom's friend ill let her deal with that one haha. Most of the people who ive talked to said theyve never heard of such a thing with people inviting themselves and other people who got the invitation inviting others to come with.

We have not tried to address it yet. Since it isn't anyone my mother or I have ever met we will probably need his mother to address it.

:cool1:
So after much fuss over the wedding date I just got off the phone with Disney, and I am so excited to announce that DF and I officially got our 12/17 escape wedding at the WP! Futterwacken Time :cool1::cool1::dance3:

we're date twins! Congratulations and happy planning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter