• 21 - 24 hours

• 24 - 27 hours

• 27 - 30 hours

• 30 - 33 hours

• more than 33 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all pretend to be jurors for a minute?

I am getting really upset that the talking heads keeps saying that River/Krystal's testimony just ruined George's credibility.

OK..we are the jurors and this is what we hear:

Ashton: It was your statement to the police that George said he believed that is was an accident that spiraled out of control

River/Krystal: No he said it was an accident.....

Ashton (shows her the actuall statement): Was this your statement ..that he believed it as an accident

River/Krystal: Yes

To me the word believe is the crust of it. He believed..meaning he didn't know, but it was a feeling in his gut. Also, when he said he KNEW...I took that to mean again, that it was a feeling, like "I just know I flunked my test"

Ok, as a juror...did you get what I got? Please tell me there are some intelligent jurors on this panel, and they got what Ashton was trying to point out.

Isn't it rather a moot point given the Judge's instruction because this can now only be used to impeach George?

As a pretend juror I say that George Anthony "might" have slept with that woman and lied about it, but that only impeaches him on lying about infidelity. It does not make me believe that the rest of his testimony is worthless. I thought Krystal/River was unpleasant and not credible on the words "know" and "believe" issue. I think Ashton made that point quite well.

Having watched quite a lot of the trial, I think that, unlike Cindy, George Anthony suspected that Casey was completely full of it early on. As ex-Homicide, he felt in his gut that Caylee was dead and that Casey was lying, but didn't want to believe that she was a murderer. His making that comment to Holloway could simply mean that he found it easier to *believe* it was accident but doesn't mean he *knew* it.

Kurby, I am so glad Nicole is doing better. At least your all together for the holiday. enjoy your time.

I would like to know how River can testify what George said to her but the girl bodyguard who stayed with Casey while she was out on bond, cannot testify to what Casey said to her?

I would like to know that too. How is River/Kystal's testimony NOT hearsay?

Is there any one of these analyzers that don't believe George had an affair withthis woman? I don't get it. I'm sorry I don't. This woman is clearly lying...why is everybody believing that one thing??

I don't believe he had an affair. I truly believe he would have admitted it if he had. Why hide it at this point?

Kurby Happy Anniversary

Keeping you all in my prayers for little Nichole's speedy homecoming

Okay, the defense brought up the guards who work the jail as to Casey's demeanor while in jail. Then the bodyguard should be allowed to testify as to Casey's demeanor and how she was not looking for Caylee.

thank you for that explanation. As I see it though, if Casey is found guilty of child neglect and murder, I would think they would terminate any future rights as a parent. At least I would hope so! Oh please let the Judge make this a term of her sentence..that if she does become pregnant again, she has no legal rights to that baby.

See, they wouldn't do that ahead. Can't terminate rights to children not yet born. All she would have to do was voluntarily give the child up by legal means & they would let her decision stand. They would consider that she had a safe, legal plan for the baby & she would be allowed to proceed with her plan. Situation would be monitored by Child Protective services or court to make sure she follows thru, of course.

We have had several women who have lost parental rights to previous children. Each new birth must be evaluated by CPS & determined if courts need to be involved. Courts are the deciders of if the mother gets custody or rights terminated. Actually,termination of rights takes a long time. Child would be in foster system during that time.

I would like to know that too. How is River/Kystal's testimony NOT hearsay?

Is there any one of these analyzers that don't believe George had an affair withthis woman? I don't get it. I'm sorry I don't. This woman is clearly lying...why is everybody believing that one thing??

I don't believe he had an affair. I truly believe he would have admitted it if he had. Why hide it at this point?

ITA with the bold part, This man has been to hell and back and he has nothing left to lose

I would like to know how River can testify what George said to her but the girl bodyguard who stayed with Casey while she was out on bond, cannot testify to what Casey said to her?

Good point. I wonder why the prosecutors let that go?

Happy Anniversary! And tell Nicole to keep up the good work! I know she will do exactly as her DIS Aunties tell her.
:wizard:

It's my 7th anniversary today.

we got married on Canada Day. It was a hot sunny day like today and we were married outside in a beautiful setting Toronto.

Today. Patrick is out in the pool with Cassie as I type this and I've just finished pumping so I can take it down to the hopsital later when we take my mil to visit Nicole.

TOTALLY not what we had planned - we had actually planned on being in the States this weekend but had cancelled it a few months ago when this pregnancy started getting much harder for me.

funny how life has a way of kicking you out of your blinders on keep doing what your doing way and make you rethink things.

UPDATE ON NICOLE - since all is quiet in the court room I'll take a minute to fill in from the phone call last night.

they have started increasing her feed amounts 1ml every feed and by the time i had called she was up to 9mils so i'm sure by now she's at least 12mls.

one heart dr came on the 27th and did a scan and found a little fluid around her heart which they will monitor and drain if needed and she got another scan yesterday for something different and i should knwo the results today.

her o2 level is down to 25% but this one is hard to manage but hopefully it will be down to 21 soon. the mask she wears - the preasure has been reduced a little and they will continue to lower it each day until they can take it off all together.

so she continues to do better each day

I think it has to do with the deposition, like all other witness's they are not allowed to say what someone else said to them. But she was reading from a deposition that neither the defense or prosecution disputed. State didn't dispute it because they wanted to use the rest of the testimony surrounding "accident that snowballed out of control". The state was then allowed to use the rest of the statement because Baez is a dink and cant seem to look ahead (opening doors), but iirc she was only allowed to read her statement not add to it.

That's great news Kurby. Little Kurby will be home before you know it!

I think George had an emotional affair with KH/RC and that's it. The bodyguard stated how nobody would talk about Caylee and it was destroying George. He just needed someone to talk to. I believe that was the whole meaning behind his "I need you in my life." text. His wife wouldn't discuss things with him so he found someone who would listen.

Okay, the defense brought up the guards who work the jail as to Casey's demeanor while in jail. Then the bodyguard should be allowed to testify as to Casey's demeanor and how she was not looking for Caylee.

They were proffered And their testimony was not permitted as it was irrelevant. Jury did not hear any of it.

So they could not be used as a basis to allow that person's testimony.

Great news about Nicole eating more. Continued prayers for you all and Happy Anniversary.

I am working this am so would have not had much time to check in so not that unhappy about court being in recess....;)
I DO wish it would be over though.....

The jury wasn't in court while those guards were on the stand, IIRC. They were only being "proferred". The judge ruled their testimony not admissable so the jury never heard from them.

Happy anniversary, Kurby, thanks for the update, I hope these next days pass quickly for you 'n Nicole is home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter