Continue to be shocked by the rude bully we encountered :(

This post reminds me of something my little brother used to say to me - "Oh, how selfish of me. Let's do what YOU want to do." :rotfl:

I think that if people want a front-row seat then they need to sit up front. If you are not in the front row for a parade then chances are someone is going to be in front of you and you cannot control what they do. If you are in the front and someone tries to muscle in front of you they are undeniably rude.

I agree. I think if it's so important people don't stand in front of you, you should try to get as close to railings/ropes as you can. If you sit away from those and expect people not to fill in, you won't be very happy with the outcomes. Now squeezing in front of people in the front, or like a PP said saying "Excuse me" and then stealing their spot, that is total jerk behavior and wrong in my eyes, and something I wouldn't dream of doing. However if I see a big old open space in a crowded sea of people, you can bet I will be filling it in because I am allowed to do so by park rules, regardless of what other guests think I should do (like leave that space open). And if I don't do it, 50 other people will. That said if I were to see a wheelchair or EVC I wouldn't move to stand in open space in front of them as that to me isn't fair because I would assume they would not be able to stand or easily move elsewhere.

On the OP.

Lets say instead of going to the front they did just stand on the outside since everyone was sitting... they had no way to know that as soon as the show started everyone was going to stand up.

We see complaints of that here alot. That people get behind someone at a parade that is sitting and then get made when they stand when the parade actually starts. So maybe they at first assumed everyone else was going to get up too.

Sorry if this has already been clarified, but where was the OP sitting? Was it on the ground? Were other people around standing with some sitting? Or was it an area with ample seating where everyone was invited to take a seat? I can only picture the hub where some people opt to sit down on the ground while waiting, but most people are standing. If that's the case, I would never ask the stranger to sit down on the ground. Some people aren't even capable of it. In an open area like that, you can assume you will have to stand to see so if someone just doesn't feel like standing, that does not become the person standing's problem. If it's an area where you are supposed to sit, that would be a different story.

During my trip last April I was standing watching WISHES at the end of the night. There was a family next to me and this young teenage girl (she was part of the cheer competition going on at the same time) pushed through the middle of us and I had a cell phone in my face while she was recording the show. I would called that rude.

Over the years I've encountered enough of this type of rude behavior and it's the reason we leave the parks early.

Exactly, we do the same. It is the reason why we no longer see parades. I work in Midtown Manhattan and deal with rude, aggressive behavior 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. The last thing I want to deal with is more aggressive rude behavior when on vacation in WDW.

well I would have said I don't want you in-front of me and would have pushed her out of the way.. I treat rudeness with rudeness!!

similar happened to me in California at Fantasmic. Me and my friend got to the section early and were sat behind a family at the railings. There was plenty of room, so I left a space behind them, as there was no need for everyone to be squidged up tightly.

Well about 10 minutes before Fantasmic started, a family ran into the section and sat in the space between me and the family at the railings. I was having none it, I quickly moved closer, and spoke loudly that NO ONE was sitting in front of me. I made things very uncomfortable for them, inch by inch pushing them out of the space, making sure they knew I was very angry but not actually engaging with them. The mom was not happy and kept glaring at me, but I made sure that were pushed out.

I think you are out of line here. You do not get to decide the spacing for everyone else. I think that making someone uncomfortable because they did not accept MY rules is beyond acceptable and incredibly rude.

OP- I understand why you were upset but honestly, if you want to be able to sit with an unobstructed view you really need to get curbside spots.

I have never been able to sit for the castle shows or wishes. Didn't even know it was something people tried to do.

It's hard enough to find someplace to stand sometimes.

Also, remember you don't know what's going on in other people's lives. Just because they were rude at that moment in time doesn't necessarily mean they are lifetime bully's.

Disney can be a very stressful place for people who don't know The Disney strategies and unwritten rules.

I know more than once, I've come off as rude to someone, when I was really just tired and frustrated, and then regretted it later when I think back.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say, is humanity is a complicated thing. Don't get discouraged at humanity over an isolated incident of people not sitting down when you want them to.

i am just wondering when do we finally admit that we have exhausted every possible argument regarding this subject. People are now posting just to see their own posts on this subject matter Its time to close this out and move on to something else!!

i am just wondering when do we finally admit that we have exhausted every possible argument regarding this subject. People are now posting just to see their own posts on this subject matter Its time to close this out and move on to something else!!
If the subject matter bothers you, you don't have to keep reading the thread.

I think you are out of line here. You do not get to decide the spacing for everyone else. I think that making someone uncomfortable because they did not accept MY rules is beyond acceptable and incredibly rude.

OP- I understand why you were upset but honestly, if you want to be able to sit with an unobstructed view you really need to get curbside spots.

I am sure a moderator will delete a post that advocats physical violent behavior at a park and not my joke comment about how people complain..... oh wait, my comment was deleted and someone threatening to get into an altercation is ok? Hmmm.... interesting.

I am sure a moderator will delete a post that advocats physical violent behavior at a park and not my joke comment about how people complain..... oh wait, my comment was deleted and someone threatening to get into an altercation is ok? Hmmm.... interesting.

Possibly no one's complained about the other posts. If you think something should be deleted, you're always welcome to report it to a mod.

(Sorry you got deleted, that always stings a little! Hope you didn't get points - I regularly do, usually because of the "no sarcasm" rule. ;))

Possibly no one's complained about the other posts. If you think something should be deleted, you're always welcome to report it to a mod.

(Sorry you got deleted, that always stings a little! Hope you didn't get points - I regularly do, usually because of the "no sarcasm" rule. ;))

Thanks. I don't even know what points are or what they are for. I just like talking Disney. All the other stuff is nothing I want to bother complaining about.

Moving to and standing in a small space obstructing views where everyone else is sitting is rude. A get in your face "No" when asked to sit, like everyone else, is a bully. They had their view taken instead of their lunch money!
I agree. You don't have to repeatedly attack the same person to be a bully, you just have to be the type to use intimidation to get your way. And OP sounds like she was intimidated.

I agree. You don't have to repeatedly attack the same person to be a bully, you just have to be the type to use intimidation to get your way. And OP sounds like she was intimidated.

From earlier in this thread: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/signe-whitson/bullying_b_2188819.html

Bullying = Intentionally aggressive behavior, repeated over time, that involves an imbalance of power.

Why is it important to define bullying/a bully accurately? Because when you use it for unpleasant interactions that do not rise to the level of bullying, then you strip the word of its meaning, power and importance.

If a "bully" is just some random rude woman you happen to find personally intimidating, then why should any of us take bullying seriously at all? "Heck, just get right back into that bully's face! Stand up for yourself! Stop whining and expecting other people to fight your battles. Bullying's no big deal. I deal with bullies every day!"

That's because you're one of those troublemakers from the "Great White North" eh... :) ;)

Actually everytime I've got dinged it's been for the exact same thing! :o

I wouldn't think anything about it except, "Oh good, that annoying person is going to his locker. Maybe he won't come back."

Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but "He's smuggled a gun into a Disney park and stashed it in a locker and now he's going to go get it and use it on me," is not a line of thinking that would ever occur to me. Heck, it wouldn't have even occurred to me THIS time, except that other posters seem to believe that's what you're implying.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this. I'm Canadian as well, and I immediately twigged onto what was being implied in the statement.

That being said, every time I am a guest in your country, I just assume that everyone I meet is packing a gun (even the 99.99% of you who are wonderful people and have been nothing but kind and hospitable to me and my family on our many visits to the US), and my Canadian politeness gets dialed up to an 11, for fear of having someone feel that I have done or said something to disrespect them.

Sorry Americans, I know and understand that this is a grossly unfair and unflattering generalization, but I can't help feeling how I feel. In a similar circumstance to that being discussed in this thread, if someone around me made a statement like the one about going to a locker, I would be removing my family from the area and would immediately be reporting that individual to security.

I'm very sorry if this offends anyone - it certainly wasn't the intent of my post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter