DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Well, yesterday was certainly a Monday. Got a call from my supervisor at 5:30 am to tell me that she needed me to pull me from one office to cover another that had a call out. "Sure, no problem," I told her. I mean, that is my job, which is part of the reason I like it so much. So, I grabbed my lunch, bag and everything I needed and headed out early. I did my usual stop at Dunkin' Donuts for my ice tea and then headed to the office. I got to the office a bit early, but seeing a light on in the hallway, I headed in. I don't have a key to unlock doors, but my badge allows me access through a back door, and this is how I got in. So I'm sitting at the computer when I heard a knock on the window. I looked up from my computer thinking I was going to see a someone trying to get in, only to see a police officer. Then it hit me: I set the alarm off. I went to the front door, opened it and saw two police officers staring at me with their hands on their guns, not pulled, but certainly ready. I looked at them and asked, "I set the alarm off, didn't I?" They both said yes, and then I proceeded to show them my ID badge to prove I worked there. They were cool about it and told me to be careful before heading off. I knew that was going to happen at some point....just surprised it took me this long to set the alarm off. Then the day got started and it was nonstop all day. I barely had enough time to eat lunch, but glad it ended. Now I'm off to yet another office. This time I'll wait until I see someone go into the office before heading in. Have a good day, gents.

TTFN

Just a quick run by for my yearly reminder. March is colorectal cancer awareness month. Regular screening, beginning at age 45, is the key to preventing colorectal cancer. The recommended screening age was 50 but colorectal cancer rates are rising fastest among the under 50 age group. There are several screening options available so talk to your primary care provider. Colorectal polyps and colorectal cancer don’t always cause symptoms especially at first. I had none other than being tired which my primary care provider told me was because I was getting older. That is why getting screened regularly for colorectal cancer is so important. When caught early survival rates are very good. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for the ones that you would be leaving behind.

Morning, Gents! Well, yesterday was certainly a Monday. Got a call from my supervisor at 5:30 am to tell me that she needed me to pull me from one office to cover another that had a call out. "Sure, no problem," I told her. I mean, that is my job, which is part of the reason I like it so much. So, I grabbed my lunch, bag and everything I needed and headed out early. I did my usual stop at Dunkin' Donuts for my ice tea and then headed to the office. I got to the office a bit early, but seeing a light on in the hallway, I headed in. I don't have a key to unlock doors, but my badge allows me access through a back door, and this is how I got in. So I'm sitting at the computer when I heard a knock on the window. I looked up from my computer thinking I was going to see a someone trying to get in, only to see a police officer. Then it hit me: I set the alarm off. I went to the front door, opened it and saw two police officers staring at me with their hands on their guns, not pulled, but certainly ready. I looked at them and asked, "I set the alarm off, didn't I?" They both said yes, and then I proceeded to show them my ID badge to prove I worked there. They were cool about it and told me to be careful before heading off. I knew that was going to happen at some point....just surprised it took me this long to set the alarm off. Then the day got started and it was nonstop all day. I barely had enough time to eat lunch, but glad it ended. Now I'm off to yet another office. This time I'll wait until I see someone go into the office before heading in. Have a good day, gents.

TTFN

Good to see the police actually went to the door. I used to be the first person called for alarm calls at a previous place of employment. Here the police waited for you to get there and sent you in first with them following.

Good morning dads from a -3 and clear Deutschland.

Finally got my rental car yesterday, so can explore more than walking distance and not have to get co-workers to chauffeur me around.

I dropped by but the door was locked.
How rude.

You promised me you weren't going to do that to Darcy any more Chief.

So I'm sitting at the computer when I heard a knock on the window. I looked up from my computer thinking I was going to see a someone trying to get in, only to see a police officer. Then it hit me: I set the alarm off. I went to the front door, opened it and saw two police officers staring at me with their hands on their guns, not pulled, but certainly ready.
Forgive me, but I'm thinking that's somethong your boss *should* know and either warn you or tell you the code.
:sad2:

Here the police waited for you to get there and sent you in first with them following
Wait! What?
The police there use you as a human shield?
How very un-Canadian of them.

Just noticed...we're on Columbus' page....

Well, if Columbus were dyslexic. :lmao:

I'll confess...when I first looked, I thought it said page 1492. Besides WWII, I'm not sure what significant events were in 1942 and I'm too lazy to look it up. ;)

I know we have some race fans in here… anybody want to buy Tony Stewart’s house in Columbus, IN? I feel like he would be a Wilderness Lodge fan.
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...-Youth-Camp-Rd_Columbus_IN_47201_M48573-17122
I'm not sure I've understood why one would want more bathrooms than bedrooms. I mean each bedroom gets their own, why would you need 2 more. The half bath I can understand for company without a bedroom, but otherwise are you going to have that many people going at the same time???? Sheesh!

Wait! What?
The police there use you as a human shield?
How very un-Canadian of them.
It's perfectly safe. No one would harm, let alone shoot anyone up here without politely asking permission first.
I'll confess...when I first looked, I thought it said page 1492. Besides WWII, I'm not sure what significant events were in 1942 and I'm too lazy to look it up. ;)
Well I sure ain't gonna
I'm not sure I've understood why one would want more bathrooms than bedrooms. I mean each bedroom gets their own, why would you need 2 more. The half bath I can understand for company without a bedroom, but otherwise are you going to have that many people going at the same time???? Sheesh!
When the runs hit... one cannot have too many close bathrooms.

Morning

Hump Day Memes - not a holiday

What's up, guys? Busy week this week. Both Monday and Tuesday I was pulled from where I was supposed to go to go somewhere else. On Tuesday I was walking into the office I was going to when I got a call saying I had to go somewhere else. You know, that's the reason I like being a float, you just never know what's going to happen. Of course the downside is that I can't really plan anything too early if I don't know where I'm going to be, but that's the price I pay. I do like my job. The week has been crazy, though, but good. I'll be at pediatrics today, so I get to listen to all the little ones scream and cry when they get their shots.

Good to see the police actually went to the door. I used to be the first person called for alarm calls at a previous place of employment. Here the police waited for you to get there and sent you in first with them following.

How nice that they let you go in first.

Good morning dads from a -3 and clear Deutschland.

Finally got my rental car yesterday, so can explore more than walking distance and not have to get co-workers to chauffeur me around.

Woohoo! Now you can go explore!

Forgive me, but I'm thinking that's somethong your boss *should* know and either warn you or tell you the code.
:sad2:

Usually I wait until I see car in the parking lot and someone inside before I head inside, that's a bit difficult with this office because the parking lot is in the back, but the office is on the second floor, ground floor for the front of the building. There were cars in the parking lot, and I did see hallway light on, which made me think one of the doctors was there in an office I couldn't see, so I went in. Next time I'll just wait until right before I'm to start at that office before heading in.

Well, I guess it makes sense that you'd have to have one at the bar, have one at the bowling alley, one at the virtual driving range, etc, etc. Don't want people roaming around the house looking for the restroom. Otherwise that stream might start to get some odors going.

Of course the downside is that I can't really plan anything too early if I don't know where I'm going to be, but that's the price I pay. I do like my job.
That would be frustrating, but at least if today sucks, tomorrow will be something else. Variety can be nice.

I'll be at pediatrics today
I believe what you meant to say is "I am scheduled to be at pediatrics today... but will almost certainly wind up somewhere else."

This is going to crack me up if it turns out you get moved again.
Well, I guess it makes sense that you'd have to have one at the bar, have one at the bowling alley, one at the virtual driving range, etc, etc. Don't want people roaming around the house looking for the restroom. Otherwise that stream might start to get some odors going.
Happy Thursday All!!
Thursday? It's first Monday. Tomorrow is second Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter