I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never heard of Wawa. What is it?

I’m not seeing any Kroger’s nearby where we’ll live. Just Publix, Walmart, and Target. I can look closer and see if there’s anything else

Wawa is a great gas station, which we do have down here in Florida! I wouldn't normally ever eat gas station food, but they make most of it to order (they do have pre-made breakfast/lunch sandwiches) and it's actually pretty good! Our family tradition is to stop by on our way to Disney to grab breakfast and a drink for the ride :)

We do not have Kroger's down here. Publix is our jam (it's headquartered in Lakeland, halfway between Tampa and Orlando) - super friendly, always clean, lots of BOGOs, awesome deli... I have several family members employed by Publix, and they LOVE it. The company allows their employees to own stock, and they get pretty nice bonuses every year on top of that. They're very respected as a company.

I think there are some Safeways over that way, but we don't have them on the west coast of FL.

Hi - Thanks. I already have the CSP - that is why DH will cancel his.
No business cards here.
I am not really a churner...I see the value in getting cards on a regular basis for the sign up bonuses, but don't really want to manage all those cards. So I am not worried about my **/24 status.

...:thumbsup2then since those 2 cards have ongoing value for you...I would each apply for one

Looks like something is wrong/broken with Amex support links..none that I clicked are working
Yeah - there was some buzz about it on r/churning today. I'd just leave it be for a couple of days and see if it's just a glitch. :) I'll report back if I hear of something conclusive vs. the general postulating and hysteria going on now, lol!

Yeah - there was some buzz about it on r/churning today. I'd just leave it be for a couple of days and see if it's just a glitch. :) I'll report back if I hear of something conclusive vs. the general postulating and hysteria going on now, lol!

Sorry everyone. I was getting ready to self-support for a Hilton card. As usual, when I prepare to do something, it inevitably fails :rolleyes:

So we aren't putting this out there "on blast" but basically you can board the Biz train without needing mailers. Just wait 95ish days and use another general public offer (they don't enforce the 24 mo. language)

If anybody isn't sure exactly what this means, send me a PM and I'll clarify more specifically :)

THIS link that @Lain shared on the DISchurners news thread should make it pretty clear too: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/aj6vx6/news_discussion_thread/el714ik/?context=3

tagging @StephPlum - added another link to an earlier discussion to the above link.

Keep in mind...I was attempting the OPPOSITE of what you guys were discussing. I was attempting to UPGRADE a CIU to a CIP. It's possible I was blocked because I was taking a no AF card and trying to pay an AF in the first year. Sorry if that was glossed over there (or perhaps I could've called it out better) - I was just sharing a DP for anybody that might have wondered about that other related scenario.

Last edited:
Did I miss the "thing"? Is this something new?

Sheetz! I had many a Sheetz dog (basic roller dog loaded with cheese and onions) in college in the 80s. Wawas are more east than where I lived and went to college in western/central PA.

I like this. I think I'll do that to help track the cards.

That is right on fresh vs canned, but sorry fresh are so amazing. Especially if you grow your own. You can even eat them raw as you pick them!

Have fun if you do go solo. I think it is really liberating and fun.
Ew no lol. They’re all crunchy

Looks like something is wrong/broken with Amex support links..none that I clicked are working

If people can keep an eye on this, that'd be great. Right now most links aren't working and you can't generate a new working link (I tried the copy/paste, facebook and twitter - none worked). That sounds like a glitch to me.

So I'm going to have to qualify my earlier advice.

You can PC a business card under a year. You can PC a CIP to CIC within the first year. However, the prevailing wisdom is you shouldn't for fear of "pissing off Chase" or "risking your relationship with Chase." This is one of those gray areas of churning. Note that to PC your CIP to a CIC, you'll need to call Chase and speak with a rep (can't be done via SM), who may or may not question you about your other CIP, the rep should ultimately let you PC, and it'll result in a prorated refund of your CIP's AF. Thus, the ethical dilemma. As for pissing off the bank, I personally have not seen a DP of Chase taking adverse action against someone for PCing their CIP within the first year.

I think a better course might be to just lower your Chase biz card limits on the cards you don't intend to use much after MSR so those CLs don't hurt your chances of approval for more biz cards, but keep your cards open until it's time close after a year. With your CLs in check, a lot of folks on here have been approved for 3-5 Chase biz cards in a year to year-and-a-half span. I think if you're opening more than 4 biz cards with Chase in 12 months, you're probably pushing a shutdown anyway. Then, when a year is up, close out the cards you're not using, and apply for more biz cards.

On the CIPs, Chase has rendered the 3x bonus categories almost useless; and while it earns 3x on travel, you already get that with your CSR. So there's little reason to keep more than a $1k, or even $500 CL on the CIP after you've met MSR. (You could go as low as, say, $2k if you want to eventually transfer $1k-1.5k to another biz card like the CIC.) You probably want a higher CL on the CIC to take advantage of gift card deals at office supply stores, but note that the CIC no longer offers an introductory 0% APR and the 5x bonus category is capped at $25k in spend/calendar year. So think about how much credit do you really need and can pay off every month.
Thank you! So while you can do it, its best not to. I can understand why Chase may be annoyed if it prorated my fee after I just made almost 90,000 URs in three months. I can wait it out!

I definitely don't need a $5,000 CL on it anymore. I will lower it to $2,000 before applying for the next card. Hopefully it helps make the process goes smoothly.

The oranges down there, yum.

According to DD, "everyone knows the best oranges are the ones stolen from your neighbors' yard." Hopefully that's just a Fl kid phrase not a reality although during citrus season EVERYONE is giving away whatever they have (lemons here). There really isn't anything better than fresh squeezed oj from just picked oranges, though. Except maybe...chic fil a.

Except Chic fil a. That would be first choice.

Chic fil a is always first! They have fountain diet dr Pepper. @amalone1013 I think we should add it to the shunned clubhouse:D

Last edited:
I can't remember if anyone posted about Hyatt's improved best rate guarantee that DoC posted about yesterday: Hyatt Improves Best Rate Guarantee (Now 20% Off Or 5,000 Hyatt Points)

I mean, this is great because just 15k or 20k Hyatt points can get you into some really nice properties. Leave it up to r/churning to not let an opportunity slip by checking out OTA rates: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...central_thread_week_of_april_18_2019/el79ibd/ Love that for low priced hotels, 5k points > 20% off.

Funny thing is I live bacon and onion dip but I don't think anyone makes it any more. And it's a pain to make.

I also used to eat bacon when I was little but never really enjoyed it. I have a high aversion to fat pieces on meat and won't/can't eat them. I underatand the need for marbling and if the steak or roast is cooked properly I'm good but not the fat. Also not huge on pork unless it's ham and only for sandwiches or eggs, I don't want it for the meat at dinner with sides.

@Haley R talks about being picky but I'm pretty sure she eats more things than I do, though we agree on asparagus. But I remember something about wings which is a no go for me, no dark meat, it's a texture thing. I'm also the first to admit I'm not a foodie and I'm very much a food as fuel though there's things I crave and enjoy but it's nothing for me to go days at a time where nothing sounds good and figuring out what to eat is a chore.

I think you just described me, but I do like bacon as long as it's cooked well and not fatty. I can not stand anything fatty or slimy lol My husband does the majority of the cooking because, uh, no, I don't like dealing with raw meat lol I have a small list of veggies I'll tolerate, but I do try. Smoothies were big with me for awhile because I could cover the veggie taste lol I would live on In-n-Out burgers (#2 no onions, no spread protein style with a packet of spread on the side and even then half the time I pull the tomatoes off halfway through) and tacos from almost anywhere if I could.

I often have days I just don't eat because nothing sounds good.

DH's CIP 2 MSR is officially done! Made a $500 payment towards our WDW trip and paid our Directv bill. Both of our CIP's have a statement date of May 1, so hopefully I'll get the full 100k URs then. My support points have been pending since right after DH was approved, so those are definitely coming anyways.

We're $2800 into the Bonvoy Biz. $3800 into Hyatt MSR, but I'm planning to charge $1300 to that this afternoon. After that we'll be down to $900 left.

Up next, another Citi Biz and maybe the Hilton Honors card?

@Haley R we have Publix here in Virginia. The stores are super nice and the prices are ok, but I can't beat Kroger with coupons. My mom shops at Publix and says she gets a lot of good deals though. They don't have a fuel perks program here, but I know my mom mentions they offer discounted Wawa gift cards here when you spend a certain amount on groceries (it's low, like $50 or something). So maybe there's something similar in FL? I don't think they have Wawa's that

I lucked into 'spend $50 and get $10 off' at Publix a few years ago while on a Disney trip, so I bought gas cards for my trip back.

My son would play video games at night on the weekends and then head to Wawa for his 'dinner'. Thankfully he gave up that habit and lost weight, and developed healthier eating habits.

But we all love Wawa...and Sheetz when I cross the 301 bridge, although I haven't done that in a while.

I lucked into 'spend $50 and get $10 off' at Publix a few years ago while on a Disney trip, so I bought gas cards for my trip back.

My son would play video games at night on the weekends and then head to Wawa for his 'dinner'. Thankfully he gave up that habit and lost weight, and developed healthier eating habits.

But we all love Wawa...and Sheetz when I cross the 301 bridge, although I haven't done that in a while.

Yup, those are the deals my mom does. She also gets a lot of deals on buying frozen food and getting a certain amount of your grocery bill.

Doesn't someone here have a kid planning to attend/attending William & Mary? There's a Wawa within walking distance of campus. I know when I was in college and had friends there, EVERYBODY would go to Wawa late at night for snacks. Don't know if that's still the case, but I would guess so.

Oh man Wawa, they opened their first location here in DC not that long ago and people LOST THEIR MINDS. The place is packed every day. A second one is under construction in a different neighborhood and so many posts of "WHEN IS WAWA OPENING AAAAAHHH!!!"

Growing up in the South, a gas station was literally the last place you'd buy ready-to-eat food. McDonald's and any other fast food was far preferable to the garbage in a gas station/convenience store. You were better off going hungry. So this fascination with convenience store food is quite lost on me.

So, you haven't checked out Royal Farms Chicken yet, I take it?

Royal Farms, Wawa, Dash In and Sheetz are definitely more upscale gas stations and gas stations are a place most of us have to go most weeks (unless you are doing Costco or Sam's), so I think the variety of snacks and hot food and also some healthy choices combined with spacious and well lighted parking and well maintained tanks and gas aisles all contribute to the allure of the shops. That the food is 'okay' is a plus. Prepared to order, unlike sitting under a heat lamp such as at 7-11.

Haha depending on who you ask, Wawa is the greatest gas station ever created. Do you have Sheetz out there? It's very similar to that. Although if there are any Wawa diehards in here, they may attack me for saying that.

Anyways, it's a gas station, but it also has made to order food and drinks and stuff like that. It's a lot nicer than most just random gas stations.

In Texas we have Buc-ee's. I have been to both Wawa and Sheetz and they are nothing compared to most of the Buc-ee's around here.

To be fair, it's like a gas station with an attached Subway Sandwiches...

Kind of. But I prefer the Sheetz or Wawa.

We have the truck stops on 95 south, with attached subways and other chains but they are not nearly as nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter