Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had emailed tastytoo at info@tastytoo.com back in February, and had gotten a reply that they don't do disney cakes, and to contact a bakery within Disney. Is that the right Tasty too that I emailed? I ended up going with another bakery (keeping my fingers crossed) but wanted to check if I emailed the wrong people, or what.

And I should clarify, the cake was for DTD.

For anyone looking to use It's Tasty Too in the future, I would call and ask. I know for a while there were certain Disney characters she was not doing because she didn't want to get in trouble with Disney, but since it seems like she's open to *some* Disney themes, maybe there's some wiggle room.

I had emailed tastytoo at info@tastytoo.com back in February, and had gotten a reply that they don't do disney cakes, and to contact a bakery within Disney. Is that the right Tasty too that I emailed? I ended up going with another bakery (keeping my fingers crossed) but wanted to check if I emailed the wrong people, or what.

And I should clarify, the cake was for DTD.

I'd love to see the cake you did get and find out who you used. :thumbsup2

We're still a while from our trip but I'm just starting to get ideas for my son's birthday. We're staying at AKL and will be doing Sanaa for his birthday dinner. I've tried looking through the threads and have seen Star Wars cakes but can you incorporate Legos too? There will be 6 of us so we don't need a big cake. I'm looking for something similar to this:

7522163650_0b7a30eac4_z.jpg

You'll need to ask the pastry chef at Animal Kingdom Lodge—only she can tell you for sure. Even if she can't do the logo, the bricks will sell the Lego look of the cake.

That's a fantastic cake!!! I have no idea if Disney could re-create that exact cake, but I do know they have license to use all SW characters in their cake designs. I had a custom Boba Fett cake made for my brother's 30th birthday in June and it came out amazing!

Where was your custom Boba Fett cake from? I tried to get one for my BF and they said he wasn't a licensed character!

Looking for inspiration for dd's 21st birthday. We will be having dinner that night at Coral Reef & we're staying at Coronado Springs. So by reading over this & other threads it looks like my only chance of getting anything even remotely creative would be at Coral Reef correct? I'm fine with that, my only issue is that her birthday is June 30th & we will be having dinner at 6pm & staying for Illuminations....I'm afraid any leftover cake would melt & get completely trashed from dinner to resort. But if I order a cake to be delivered at CS it's boring....Any ideas anyone? I can't even get her favorite characters - eeyore & yes I know why, or Ariel doesn't seem to be available either. :(

I ordered a cake for my sons college graduation. I emailed Contemporary cake line to discuss wants and design. Donald emailed me back, said they could do my 10 inch red velvet cake with fondant ant designs on the sides then on the top would be three of my sons favorites characters in 2d. (Theme is surprise for DS). Preferred characters be 3d, but not an option. Price quoted on email was $141.

I then called to place the order and the lady was very sweet and helpful. They will deliver to my Villa at BLT and have plates and such for all my guest. Gave her CC number to hold it, but advised her to charge it to the room on delivery.

I will post pics in May!

Looking for inspiration for dd's 21st birthday. We will be having dinner that night at Coral Reef & we're staying at Coronado Springs. So by reading over this & other threads it looks like my only chance of getting anything even remotely creative would be at Coral Reef correct? I'm fine with that, my only issue is that her birthday is June 30th & we will be having dinner at 6pm & staying for Illuminations....I'm afraid any leftover cake would melt & get completely trashed from dinner to resort. But if I order a cake to be delivered at CS it's boring....Any ideas anyone? I can't even get her favorite characters - eeyore & yes I know why, or Ariel doesn't seem to be available either. :(

Can you put the leftover cake in a locker? I don't think it will get too ruined. I schlepped a buttercream cake around Epcot one evening in September heat and humidity and it was OK, so a fondant-covered cake should fare even better. Did Epcot tell you Ariel wasn't an option? They should be able to print her on white chocolate for a 2-D image.

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this AMAZING cake created by the Grand Floridian pastry team for a wedding happening there today....

Cinderella%20Cake.jpg

Cinderella%20Cake%20Root%20Photography.jpg

Absolutely exquisite! :worship:

Cake help for 3rd birthday, total Disney newbie family. On the actual birthday, we have 8:15am ADR at CRT, 12:10pm BOG lunch, no dinner plans and will be attending the Pirates and Pals cruise that evening. Where should we have the cake - do any of those locations offer a different/special option unavailable in other places? Meaning, can we get a special cake made with "the grey stuff" at BOG? Also, can cakes be delivered to the Pirates and Pals cruise room at the Contemporary Resort?

Mini cake ideas for a 3 year old boy? He loves Jake the Pirate, Wall E, Ratatouille, and Peter Pan. How expensive do the mini cakes run? I would like to keep it under $40/45.

Thank you so much to all of the Disney experts on this board!!!!

Cake help for 3rd birthday, total Disney newbie family. On the actual birthday, we have 8:15am ADR at CRT, 12:10pm BOG lunch, no dinner plans and will be attending the Pirates and Pals cruise that evening. Where should we have the cake - do any of those locations offer a different/special option unavailable in other places? Meaning, can we get a special cake made with "the grey stuff" at BOG? Also, can cakes be delivered to the Pirates and Pals cruise room at the Contemporary Resort?

Mini cake ideas for a 3 year old boy? He loves Jake the Pirate, Wall E, Ratatouille, and Peter Pan. How expensive do the mini cakes run? I would like to keep it under $40/45.

I think your best bet may be just doing it at breakfast at CRT. BoG at lunch is quick service dining so it's doubtful they would do a cake delivery there as those are for table service dining locations. Maybe someone else knows for sure but that would be my guess. It's a strange set up where it's TS in the evening though so maybe there would be an exception.

Seems like breakfast is your best option. No cakes at BOG when it is a QS at lunch, I am pretty sure. I love cake for breakfast myself! :)

The Pirates and Pals room really isn't set up for a celebration (other than the one happening for everyone enjoying the cruise, of course!). There are a couple of small bar height tables around the room (no chairs), chairs around the perimeter of the room and the snacks and drinks on fully loaded tables in the middle so no actual place to set up and serve a cake. Plus it is VERY crowded with other attendees, CMS and characters. One good thing is: they will have cake there already as one of the "snacks" is a sheet cake.

Here are some cakes that we've gotten in the past. We'll be back in Disney soon and I'll post the cakes we get when we get back!

Year:2013
Made by: Chef Brian
Price: $125
Size: 8 inch

Year: 2014
Made by: Chef Donald
Price:$185
Size: 10 inch

Year: 2014
Made by: Grand Floridian
Price: Not sure on price. I think it may have been around $55, but I'm not sure.

We've had several other mini cakes made by the Grand Floridian and Contemporary and have had nothing but great experiences with both.

I just called the Boardwalk for a cake pick up in June for my DS HS graduation. After going back and forth with my son on what kind of cake he wanted vs the ADRs we have, we decided to pick up a 8 in buttercream vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse filling at the Boardwalk Bakery. The gentleman I spoke to talked very fast and I felt kind of rushed! I hope it comes out right. I asked for my DS HS colors, Hunter Green & Gold. He said we had room for "Congratulations Class of 2015" to be written on the cake. I asked for Mickey heads to decorate the cake. either swirls or dots. He at first told me they couldn't, but then said they could do some. I hope it turns out nice. He quoted $40.

Do you have to have the cake delivered to a restaurant to use TIW or could I have it delivered to my room and still use it?

Right —Tables In Wonderland cannot be applied to private dining, unfortunately.

*sigh*

Having trouble getting anywhere with a cake. Great Mouse Detective is a no go. Boba Fett inspired is a no go. Nightmare Before Christmas seems pretty limited (though I've seen some amazing ones on here). I really am not interested in 2d characters printed on white chocolate (it looks tacky to me), but it doesn't seem to be viable to have a themed cake any other way. When I asked about not having a generic star wars cake, I was sent an image of a generic star wars cake with Darth Vader in 2d on white chocolate. (I think someone here got one). Didn't someone get a Chewy inspired one?

I've seen some great mini cakes inspired by characters' costumes, but am told they can't do this for Nightmare Before Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter