Pixie dust opportunities

Lin82

Earning My Ears
So thanks to my DH I just booked my first solo trip from June 18-22. This is at the top of my bucket list for me so I want to spread some joy while I am there. I used to give away fast passes but since that isn't an option anymore I am reaching out. What is the best pixie dust you ever received from another park guest?

So thanks to my DH I just booked my first solo trip from June 18-22. This is at the top of my bucket list for me so I want to spread some joy while I am there. I used to give away fast passes but since that isn't an option anymore I am reaching out. What is the best pixie dust you ever received from another park guest?
I don't really have any ideas but I just love that you want to do this!!

You could load money in the pressed penny machines. That's all I can think of this morning!
This is a great idea. DD collects those and during Christmas she really wanted a specific one she saw but i only had a very old looking penny. Some one that was shopping around heard us i guess i gave her a shiny penny. That made her day.

I don't have any other ideas, but also think this is very nice of you.

Sometimes we'll pick up the tab at Starbucks for the person/family next to us. That always brings huge smiles! A friend of ours did this once and said the woman burst into tears. Said it was a very hard morning and that little bit of pixie dust was desperately needed just then.
And don't forget the CMs -- CM Compliments can be great pixie dust for the people who work so hard to make the magic for guests!
OP: thank you for doing this and for starting this thread!

Sometimes we'll pick up the tab at Starbucks for the person/family next to us. That always brings huge smiles! A friend of ours did this once and said the woman burst into tears. Said it was a very hard morning and that little bit of pixie dust was desperately needed just then.
And don't forget the CMs -- CM Compliments can be great pixie dust for the people who work so hard to make the magic for guests!
OP: thank you for doing this and for starting this thread!

Last year on a very rough evening a CM provided me with pixie dust by giving me a free dessert. It literally saved the moment, I was near tears. It's amazing what those small gestures do. My daughter and I sat and shared that dessert and soaked in the good and magic that is DLR.

Stickers are another good idea if you are looking for pixie dust for little kids. Over the years my kids have run into people that had stickers and let them pick one and they've always loved it.

You could load money in the pressed penny machines. That's all I can think of this morning!
I do this often... A few people have tried to tell me I forgot to do the coin (as in, forgot to press the penny) and I just let them know it's to make a kiddo happy. I don't stick around to see the magic, but I assume some child or adult has some pennies/quarters out there "for free" and that makes me happy :)

I don't think I've ever received pixie dust, but I do like to dole it out. When we have had packages that contained coupon offers, we used to give those away to another family when we were leaving. I always poke my head out the door at our hotel on our departure days to see if there is anyone around that wants our leftover unopened waters/sodas, etc. and we have collected Fantasmic Fastpasses before (even knowing we weren't going to be there that evening) and have given those away. There may not be as many people to gift them too now that you can get fast passes through MaxPass, but for those who didn't purchase it for the day they might still like a fastpass for the show. I also always offer to have little ones sit in front of us if we've waited and have great spots for a parade or show...they're little things, but sometimes that is all it takes to help brighten someones day, even at the happiest place on earth.

Please don’t give stuff to kids. I don’t want to explain to my child why it is ok to take something a stranger give you at Disney but not safe to do it at the park at home.

I can understand why this might unsettle some people but I also think there are times it's ok. If someone at DL handed my daughter a pin while she was pin trading I wouldn't bat an eye. It's the spirit of Disney and pixie dust and I think I'd even explain it like that. Maybe even spark the idea that she could do that for someone else. If someone wants to pay for her cotton candy and I'm standing there watching the whole thing, I'm ok with that. I think there can be a give and take on 'Stranger Danger" and random acts of kindness. Now do I want someone gifting my kid something expensive or exorbitant? No, that's sets a strange precedent, but I don't think that's what's usually happening.

WDW related, rather than Disneyland, but the lady sitting next to us on the plane to Orlando gave my daughter one of those charms that go on a magic band. This was after she and I chatted about how we were both going to WDW. In that instance she asked me if it was ok to give it to her. I agree it may not be good for adults to give items out to kids, but in that case it was a small item and I appreciated that she asked me.

I once saw a couples who had purchased a few Mickey and Minnie stuffed animals, small ones, and gave them to kids with my first visit shirts/buttons :)

I think both @Erin M and @StitchesGr8Fan make good points.

Poster please do share your pixie dust because i do think its great and Disneyland is just the place to do it. Sometimes kids and us adults get a bit tired and stressed at DL or some are there on a once in a lifetime trip so some times a nice gesture or moment of kindness is all that is needed to brighten someones day or make their day special.

But also just be aware that not everyone will accept your pixie dust and that is ok too. I would also first ask the parents on the side before. You do not want to try and give a kid something and then the parents saying no and the kid being upset because the parent said no.

I have been in the situation where i had FP and tried to give to someone because we ended up leaving earlier to the hotel and the family i was giving it to did not want them. I did end up giving them to a family right as we were about to exit. I could tell they were confused as to why i would be giving away our FP but thanked us and we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter