Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

That’s my plan. I booked AS Movies this morning.

I’ve always thought of JB and SW as being similar airlines, and other times when I’ve looked the prices have been fairly comparable. But now I’m seeing SW at double the price of JB for the same route and similar times. Not sure what’s going on.
I would have done the same thing! Why not add the extra day!

(We did ASMo for the first time in December on a cheap PL deal we found and loved it :).)

Here in DC I often see the opposite with these two airlines. I used to be able to fly JB and it was my preferred airline, but we've been all SW in the last two years because of the price difference.

We are flying on SW in March, and we didn't purchase EBCI so I know I need to check in right at the 24-hour mark, but I don't know how to actually do that! How do I check in at the 24-hour mark? Also when do we want to be at our gate on the day of? Thanks for your help! I've only flown SW once and it was several years ago.

We are flying on SW in March, and we didn't purchase EBCI so I know I need to check in right at the 24-hour mark, but I don't know how to actually do that! How do I check in at the 24-hour mark? Also when do we want to be at our gate on the day of? Thanks for your help! I've only flown SW once and it was several years ago.
If your flight is at 8am Friday then Thursday morning you want to be on the check-in screen and have filled in your confirmation number and name. The moment the clock on your screen changes to 8 am click the button to check in.. Follow the prompts as quickly as you can as literally every second counts.

I’m excited to try ASMo. The only reason I hesitate is that the trip is getting kind of long. I'm going solo with DD (age 4), and DH will be at home with the boys (10 and 12) who have school. This is a make-up from a trip I had to cancel last fall when my mother became very ill.

I'd planned to do 6 nights, 7 days (5 full days with arrival and departure as partial days), with the idea that I'd need to move at a slow pace with DD and take breaks in the afternoon. If I'd flown as planned in November, I'd have gone on a 6:30 SW flight, but SW moved their times around and now it's a 5am take off. I can get up early and make it there when the flight is at 6:30, but 5 am means basically not sleeping, so I'll be spending the night before at the hotel in the airport. Now I'm leaving a night earlier and getting back a day later than originally planned, and I've never been away from my boys for that long.

Disclaimer: I took the two boys to Disney in the fall of 2018 and to Universal in the fall of 2017. DH is not a Disney fan, so until DD gets a bit bigger and we can all enjoy the same rides, I'm going with one age or the other.

If your flight is at 8am Friday then Thursday morning you want to be on the check-in screen and have filled in your confirmation number and name. The moment the clock on your screen changes to 8 am click the button to check in.. Follow the prompts as quickly as you can as literally every second counts.

Thank you so much! Do you do this on the website or do I need to install the app?

I got the red banner on my August flight that I can change due to Max 8 changes. But it wont let me pick the time I want for no charge. It will let me pick the time and pay the difference in points which is a ridiculous high amount. I can look up the flight as if I was booking a new trip and the price isnt as high as they are showing when I go to the change page. I will try to call I guess.

I got the red banner on my August flight that I can change due to Max 8 changes. But it wont let me pick the time I want for no charge. It will let me pick the time and pay the difference in points which is a ridiculous high amount. I can look up the flight as if I was booking a new trip and the price isnt as high as they are showing when I go to the change page. I will try to call I guess.
I was trying that as well, and it wouldn't let me, then I read my email. You can make changes online starting at noon today. I figured that wasn't the smartest as everyone will be changing, so I called. They switched me no problem.

I was trying that as well, and it wouldn't let me, then I read my email. You can make changes online starting at noon today. I figured that wasn't the smartest as everyone will be changing, so I called. They switched me no problem.
Thank you for the info! I didnt get an email I just got on the app as I intended to change the flight to a later time that was showing as the same price when I searched. I will check at noon.

We just called to get our June travel changed and they did it with no upcharges. Call before it gets crazy

Here was that bit in my email, note the timezone; "For expedited service, you can change your flight at www.southwest.com/rebook3 between the hours of 12:00pm (CST) February 13, 2020 and 11:59pm (CST) February 16, 2020. Flights with no additional cost will display as “Available”. Should you need further assistance, you can reach a Southwest Representative at 1-888-871-8321. Please keep in mind that the time to reach a representative may be longer than normal during this time."

Here was that bit in my email, note the timezone; "For expedited service, you can change your flight at www.southwest.com/rebook3 between the hours of 12:00pm (CST) February 13, 2020 and 11:59pm (CST) February 16, 2020. Flights with no additional cost will display as “Available”. Should you need further assistance, you can reach a Southwest Representative at 1-888-871-8321. Please keep in mind that the time to reach a representative may be longer than normal during this time."
Thanks. I was just about to ask if it was EST or CST.

Both of my flights got changed too. My email said something about flight schedule changes -- I did notice that one of my flights went from a 737-800 to a 737-700 (the other one remained a 737-700).

The one coming home actually works out a little better because it departs 45 minutes earlier which is fine and I actually prefer that.

But the one going to WDW is now leaving and arriving 2 1/2 hours later. Boo! My original flight had me arriving shortly after 1:00, now I arrive shortly after 3:30. I looked at the different flights for that day and my only other options have me leaving WAAAYY early in the morning (no thanks) or arriving even 3 hours later than what I got switched to.

On the plus side, my room should be ready when we get there (we're staying at a DVC resort, so check-in isn't until 4:00).

Thanks to those who posted about the just changed schedules, due to the MAX 8 issues. I did not receive notification, but when I checked "upcoming trips," I noticed that a flight, normally nonstop at three hours, was changed to connecting flights, totaling nine hours of travel time. The site will not let me make changes, myself, so contacting Southwest for changes.

Some of the new routings Southwest comes up with for changes are either so far out of the way or with extremely long layovers, that they don't even display as viable options for customers doing their own bookings.

For those who don't want to wait on the phone for assistance, I suggest sending a DM to @SouthwestAir (on Twitter), noting your confirmation number and preferred changes; they are very responsive.

Last edited:
Thanks to those who posted about the just changed schedules, due to the MAX 8 issues. I did not receive notification, but when I checked "upcoming trips," I noticed that a flight, normally nonstop at three hours, was changed to connecting flights, totaling nine hours of travel time. The site will not let me make changes, myself, so contacting Southwest for changes.

Some of the new routings Southwest comes up with for changes are either so far out of the way or with extremely long layovers, that they don't even display as viable options for customers doing their own bookings.

For those who don't want to wait on the phone for assistance, I suggest sending a DM to @SouthwestAir (on Twitter), noting your confirmation number and preferred changes; they are very responsive.
Yes I messaged them on twitter first and they said to call. I've had success with twitter message before so I tried that first.

SW did the same thing to me on a beach trip we have. They changed my short trip to a nine hour trip with 2 stops. No thanks! I was able to change that one myself online in the last round of max 8 changes.

Is it possible that the only change in your email is a flight number? I got an email this morning for my June flight for our cruise. The only change I can see in the email is that the flight from MEM to ATL has a changed flight number. Dates are the same. Times are the same. The only difference is that flight number.

We are not a flying family. My DH prefers to drive. Is this a big deal at all? It's minor in mind.

Thanks!

No, if they swap out one plane for another at the same place and time, the only thing that will change is the number. If it is like mine, the whole leg of that flight was completely removed. They totally rebooked us on on another flight that left at a different time, had connections, and got home 4 hours later.

Some of their flights they swap (I have one in March that happened to, and was easy peasy), but some change your whole itinerary.

The leg is exactly the same. Departure and arrival times are the same. Same day. Same layover location. Flight number is the only difference. The email showed the info in case the change did not work out for me, but I couldn't find anything that had changed other than the flight number. I thought it was weird...just didn't know if it was normal.

Right, they basically did that to us for our March flight. The July flight they massively changed it. You have to go into the details to see if it actually changes the flight or if they remain the same. When the flight numbers just change, they just remove the Max and put in a different plane. When they remove the Max and don't replace it, the whole route, times, and connections change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter