Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

And they've crept into December. Just got some emails that my PVD to MCO early December flights were changed. Thankfully they're still direct, and only moved by 5 minutes.
I just got notification s on a 11-25 and 1-5-22 change. Still non stop with leaving 30 minutes later.

So, Southwest canceled our flight this morning for 10:30 at 10:00 last night. Moved us to a 3:45 flight. All 12 flights before ours is sold out. No help on the phone. Not a happy morning.
At least they told you ahead of time. We got up at 3:00am and arrived at the airport at 4:30 to learn at 5:00am while in the luggage check line that our 6:15am flight was canceled.

Anyone know if you can use funds from a cancelled trip to book the flight that would give you a CP? Wasn't really clear in the fine print, although it said something about booking a new reservation. Since you use the old reservation/confirmation number, does that mean we're not booking a new reservation?

I think using travel funds counts as a revenue flight. The old confirmation number just represents money not a flight itself

Our flight home from MCO to BHM at Christmas was just pushed back 5 minutes. I can handle that type of change. :)

well, it appears that SW was busy overnight mucking with the flights I just posted about yesterday from RDU to MCO on Nov. 10th - here is what showed as available yesterday...

and here is what is left today...

as mentioned by others, they did remove the earliest flight and strangely enough added a 2nd flight leaving at 7:55am...

and the return flights are a little different too...

original flights:

and new amended flights as of today:

once again eliminating the earliest flight and changing another by just a few minutes..

at least Im glad to see that my nonstop flights made this round of cuts - we'll see how long they can last!

In the past week or two, my SW flights from BDL to MCO have gone down significantly…like, it seems every time I check it's lower and I get more points back! At this rate, they'll soon be paying me to fly to Orlando!

What started at 17,171 points RT is now 5,342 points. Not that I'm complaining, but what gives?

Also, I'm more than a little worried that my flights will be cancelled and maybe that has something to do with why they're getting discounted. Any thoughts?
This is a late response but this happened to me for our trip last Thursday! The points kept dropping for our flight and I was 1)nervous they'd cancel the flight and 2) hopeful that the flight wouldn't be full since they obviously were trying to attract customers! Well, neither happened. The flight left a few minutes late and was full to the brim!

We got an email that our flight home was changed by 5 mins, but it that doesn't work, we can change the flight. We moved to an afternoon flight that cost $30 more at no cost to us.

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on THURSDAY September 16th. (NEXT WEEK!!). For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 1/5/22 and this next release will take their schedule out to 4/24/22. This will likely be a popular extension covering winter holiday weekends and much of spring break.
For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:
Release Date - Time (eastern)
6/10/21 - 7:15am
4/1/21 - 9:10am
12/10/20 - 7:15am
8/13/20 - 9:15am
5/28/20 - 9:06am
3/12/20 - 9:40am
12/11/19 - 9:10am
10/30/19 - 7:15am
9/26/19 - 7:30am
8/15/19 - 10:41am
5/30/19 - 9:20am

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on THURSDAY September 16th. (NEXT WEEK!!). For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 1/5/22 and this next release will take their schedule out to 4/24/22. This will likely be a popular extension covering winter holiday weekends and much of spring break.
For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:
Release Date - Time (eastern)
6/10/21 - 7:15am
4/1/21 - 9:10am
12/10/20 - 7:15am
8/13/20 - 9:15am
5/28/20 - 9:06am
3/12/20 - 9:40am
12/11/19 - 9:10am
10/30/19 - 7:15am
9/26/19 - 7:30am
8/15/19 - 10:41am
5/30/19 - 9:20am
Thank you! I'm keeping fingers crossed for the 7:15 is release!!!

We currently have flights booked for November 17 with a return date of the 22nd. Our Nov. 22 return flight was just modified to leave about 45 minutes earlier, which is fine with me. These flights were booked with flight credit we received for a completely botched return-flight cancellation from June. I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of that trip at this point.

This is a late response but this happened to me for our trip last Thursday! The points kept dropping for our flight and I was 1)nervous they'd cancel the flight and 2) hopeful that the flight wouldn't be full since they obviously were trying to attract customers! Well, neither happened. The flight left a few minutes late and was full to the brim!

Thank you! That's good to hear!

I'm still checking obsessively every day and so far, so good (knock on wood 🙃 ). This morning the same flight down is +10,800 points! I'm hoping they don't change the schedule since I leave in 18 days!

I don't know if anyone has reported yet on December but SWA just altered our flights (December 2nd). We had the last nonstop from CMH to MCO. We were changed to a similarly timed flight that changed planes in Chicago, having us arrive at MCO at 12:15am. We are a group of 11, including a 6 & a 3 y/o. Definitely not ideal. So I went to work & was able to get everyone onto an earlier nonstop.

So stressful!

Do not rely on receiving an email from Southwest, advising of a change in your upcoming Southwest travel. They are currently making changes - some confirmed by email notifications and others without any notifications. Keep in mind, however, that with or without notifications, if Southwest makes a change in your confirmed reservation, due to a schedule change, you are entitled to make a one-time modification, with no change in fare; you must keep the original city pairs, but are allowed to change travel date (within a 14 day window, either way), as well as the particular flight, subject to availability. If, when viewing your reservation, while logged into your account, you do not see a message indicating a schedule change and advising about allowing one-time modifications, contact Southwest for assistance. You are not bound by a three-day time limit to make changes, if contacting Southwest, even if you do not see that ability to do so, yourself, online.

We are flying to SNA next month. I’ve been checking the flight to make sure it’s still there and to see any price drops. So a while back it did that weird thing where the points dropped by 849 but when you go to change it online there is no point difference shown. No biggie, not too many points. I figured if I see it again and I have free time I’ll give them a call to gain the point difference. So it just happened again and I called SWA. Online, both before and after the call, the difference was holding at 849. But on the call the rep gave me back 3,937 per person! I had to clarify that he wasn’t cancelling the flight, just making the point adjustment. He said yes, the flight is now half off! I didn’t say a word about the difference. Initially I wasn’t even going to waste his time asking for the $12 fare difference for the two seats I paid cash for, but with him telling me it was half off, you betcha I also gave him the record locator for the cash flights! $60 credited back per person rather than $12. All I can say regarding this is that this is not the first time I’ve called them on a Sunday and experienced a weird fare glitch that benefitted me. Now let's just hope the flight actually goes as scheduled!

I have vouchers with funds on them issued when Southwest canceled our flight. There are separate ones in my and DD, DS, DD names. Is there any way to load these into my Rapid Reward account (or other way) to quickly access them when booking? I'm afraid I'm going to lose out on booking quickly when flights open with having to book four separate flights with separate payments. (And make sure we are all on the same filghts!)

I have vouchers with funds on them issued when Southwest canceled our flight. There are separate ones in my and DD, DS, DD names. Is there any way to load these into my Rapid Reward account (or other way) to quickly access them when booking? I'm afraid I'm going to lose out on booking quickly when flights open with having to book four separate flights with separate payments. (And make sure we are all on the same filghts!)
You should be able to use yours directly from your RR account, but not any of the others. I believe I had to also book each person individually in order to use the TF for each person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter