Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

I'm only doing the 5K as it happens to fall at the very end of a trip we were already planning. I'll be at the race with my (grown up) nephew
Did he figure out his massive earring for his costume?! I’m excited to see how that one turned out!

Curious what other DVC members/Everest runners are going to also make plans for Moonlight Madness? What is your game plan? Are you attempting to go before the race at all, or just after? What transportation are you planning on taking? We are staying at SSR. We could actually drive to the race if that would work out better, but I've never done a race at AK and no idea of the logistics of parking there. What will get us from AK to Epcot the quickest after the race? Do you think entering at the International gateway is an option if we decide to just grab a Boardwalk/Beachclub bus after the race?

Curious what other DVC members/Everest runners are going to also make plans for Moonlight Madness? What is your game plan? Are you attempting to go before the race at all, or just after? What transportation are you planning on taking? We are staying at SSR. We could actually drive to the race if that would work out better, but I've never done a race at AK and no idea of the logistics of parking there. What will get us from AK to Epcot the quickest after the race? Do you think entering at the International gateway is an option if we decide to just grab a Boardwalk/Beachclub bus after the race?
Planning to check in for Moonlight Madness at 6pm and maybe use a couple of the vouchers before heading to the race. We are leaning towards driving to AK. The event guide shows the parking area to be adjacent to the start line / course. Looks like you wouldn't be able to leave until everyone has started the race so I'm thinking by 11pm, the area should be cleared.

And yes, you can enter through International Gateway if you take a bus to BW / BC.

My daughter and I will be trying to do both. My thoughts at this point are to take BW bus back as soon as possible and enter through the international gateway. Without a car this seems the fastest option. Although you could take a bus to a monorail resort and then ride the monorail to the front of Epcot. But I think the former plan will be faster.

Sure wish MM could have been the night before or the night after the 5K…. We will bring some easy to change into clothes for right after race. Even if we only get an hour, I think it is worth it. MM was a contributing factor to buy into DVC for my family.

Planning to check in for Moonlight Madness at 6pm and maybe use a couple of the vouchers before heading to the race. We are leaning towards driving to AK. The event guide shows the parking area to be adjacent to the start line / course. Looks like you wouldn't be able to leave until everyone has started the race so I'm thinking by 11pm, the area should be cleared.

And yes, you can enter through International Gateway if you take a bus to BW / BC.

View attachment 656798

This is my plan too! Except I’m going to take the bus afterwards because I won’t have a car.

View attachment 656798

So you don't think there will be problem checking in and then leaving and coming back? Also, we have two guests, so that complicates it a little. One of our guests will be running with us, but her mom will not be.

My daughter and I will be trying to do both. My thoughts at this point are to take BW bus back as soon as possible and enter through the international gateway. Without a car this seems the fastest option. Although you could take a bus to a monorail resort and then ride the monorail to the front of Epcot. But I think the former plan will be faster.

Sure wish MM could have been the night before or the night after the 5K…. We will bring some easy to change into clothes for right after race. Even if we only get an hour, I think it is worth it. MM was a contributing factor to buy into DVC for my family.

Well I thought that too, but then if was Friday night I really need to be in bed! We are doing the challenge, so that 2:30 wake up would be rough after being at a park late.

It's now only one week from the Springtime Surprise Expo and we haven't had a merchandise preview like all the other race weekends. Is it just me or is that rather weird?

It's now only one week from the Springtime Surprise Expo and we haven't had a merchandise preview like all the other race weekends. Is it just me or is that rather weird?
I looked back on the rD Instagram page, and they posted the Princess merch preview on the Friday before, so I would expect either today or tomorrow

So you don't think there will be problem checking in and then leaving and coming back? Also, we have two guests, so that complicates it a little. One of our guests will be running with us, but her mom will not be.
I don't think it will be a problem.

Maybe you can all check in at 6pm and your friend's mom can hang out at Epcot or meet you there when you're done with the race.

View attachment 656798
Same plan. Check into MM at 6pm, use 2 of 3 food coupons before catching BW/BC bus to AK at 7:30pm, get any pre-race photos before corral at 9pm, race/scavenger at 10pm, catch BW/BC bus back to MM at 11pm, and get into line at Canada for popcorn bucket (using last food coupon) at 12:45am.

I looked back on the rD Instagram page, and they posted the Princess merch preview on the Friday before, so I would expect either today or tomorrow
I could have sworn that we got a preview for the Marathon Weekend merchandise much farther in advance, but the runDisney IG post was only posted on 12/30 which was one week before the first day of the Expo.

Same plan. Check into MM at 6pm, use 2 of 3 food coupons before catching BW/BC bus to AK at 7:30pm, get any pre-race photos before corral at 9pm, race/scavenger at 10pm, catch BW/BC bus back to MM at 11pm, and get into line at Canada for popcorn bucket (using last food coupon) at 12:45am.
Will there be resort busses heading to DAK at 730 with that being park close?

cause I’m trying to gage weather or not to hop on a DAK bus from Pop earlier than the 830pm race bus and if so when would I need to leave my room

Will there be resort busses heading to DAK at 730 with that being park close?

cause I’m trying to gage weather or not to hop on a DAK bus from Pop earlier than the 830pm race bus and if so when would I need to leave my room
Well, buses still need to run to pick up the people who get in line a minute before park close, so I would think you could ride one of those back to AK. But I don’t know when the runDisney folks will be in place to direct you once you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter