Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

So worst case scenario, its lightning and they cancel the race. Will it be an automatic refund or a credit for another race? I know there's been a couple that were cancelled/shortened in years past, just curious if anyone remembers what has happened in the past
I believe when the 17 half was canceled you could opt to run the marathon or transfer it to a later race if the half was still open I believe as I knew a few people who started the full and self pulled at the 13.1 mark and I know someone who transferred to dark side half
In 2017, there was also an option of a refund to a gift card.

You can certainly try email or phone, but to my recollection runners relations will end up being your best bet. Doesn’t hurt to try though. But they’re likely busy with prep and may not get back to you in time for it to matter.
Thanks. I'll try emailing as I won't be there until Saturday since I only running the 10 Miler. Do you (or anyone) have a good email address to use?

10k: 312xx with estimated pace of 8-10.
10m: 38xx with estimated finish 1:46-2:00.

Can we show the expo passes digitally on our phone? Or do we need to print it out?
We’re doing the XX’ing, not the Dis. And the starting groups will be broken up, they run a rope through the crowd (making sure not to break up any groups) when you get closer to the start line
Thanks for tolerating my dumb questions! :)

So the only thing on our bibs will be S1, S2, S3, or S4, not some other broken up version of that? They will just do the dividing at the line, like those that get there early and are towards the front, and those that arrive later toward the back?

Ok, I'm challenge bib 223XX estimated 1:46-2:00
DH is challenge bib 210XX estimated 1:31-1:45

I've printed, emailed, texted, downloaded both of our expo passes, so hopefully something will work when the time comes!:teeth:

Thanks. I'll try emailing as I won't be there until Saturday since I only running the 10 Miler. Do you (or anyone) have a good email address to use?

@Bree mentioned this one a few months back as a good option.

runDisney@disneysports.com

I'd venture to guess your runner's relations experience will be in and out (given you'll be at the expo on the last day). Not a ton of people around then.

Thanks for tolerating my dumb questions! :)

So the only thing on our bibs will be S1, S2, S3, or S4, not some other broken up version of that? They will just do the dividing at the line, like those that get there early and are towards the front, and those that arrive later toward the back?

Ok, I'm challenge bib 223XX estimated 1:46-2:00
DH is challenge bib 210XX estimated 1:31-1:45

I've printed, emailed, texted, downloaded both of our expo passes, so hopefully something will work when the time comes!:teeth:
That is correct. Everyone eligible for a particular corral will gather in a big fenced in area, and eventually be let into the chute that funnels us toward the starting line (which is a slow, shuffling process) and at some point runDisney folks will put a line through the crowd. Depending on how far you are from it, you may never see it.

If you and your DH are in different corrals, but would like to be together for any of the races (like the 5K, since that isn’t timed), he can move back to a slower corral.

Both my daughter and I are doing the challenge and ended up with 206XX bib numbers. I registered us both in the first group after POT.

This should be right at my current speed, but much slower than hers. She just does not have any POT’s yet. She is really excited to do her first challenge and I am hopeful she takes pretty on me and slows down!

At the risk of sounding really stupid, are you all XX'ing out your numbers, or is the dis doing that?
Also, I've not run since Rundisney went to numbered corrals. Since there seem to be only 4, will those be broken up, or is it just how you situate yourself within S3 (if that is where I fall)? DH would be in S2 by Dopeybadger's chart above. We are never together in the corrals, so I'm not really concerned about it. I didn't submit times for either one of us.

I put xxx cuz people are awful. They can get your personal info and steal your bib during expo pickup. I think that’s how the infamous Patty Pan did it.

ETA: knowing a person’s bib number allows you to pull them up in runner tracking that will give you their name, age, city and state.

I put xxx cuz people are awful. They can get your personal info and steal your bib during expo pickup. I think that’s how the infamous Patty Pan did it.
Well now I need to know that Patty Pan story....

Really hoping this weather forecast changes - I know a week (ok, 5/6 days) is a long time away, so banking on that. Worst case, if there are 85% thunderstorms on Saturday, maybe it's a lighter crowd park day? I'll power through in a poncho...

Last edited:
It certainly does not look like it will rain a lot every day, but I would plan for showers and storms every afternoon and evening beginning Thursday. Some scattered showers in the morning but don't think it will be too high coverage Fri-Sun. A front will stall around Orlando so the coverage and impacts are heavily reliant on where the boundary stalls out and daytime heating/destabilization. NWS and especially your apps will broadly use high precip chances/coverage but in reality it will not be a nonstop rain event.

I'm a Meteorologist and been watching this weekend like a hawk since I'm doing the 10K. Get ready to sweat regardless!

It certainly does not look like it will rain a lot every day, but I would plan for showers and storms every afternoon and evening beginning Thursday. Some scattered showers in the morning but don't think it will be too high coverage Fri-Sun. A front will stall around Orlando so the coverage and impacts are heavily reliant on where the boundary stalls out and daytime heating/destabilization. NWS and especially your apps will broadly use high precip chances/coverage but in reality it will not be a nonstop rain event.

I'm a Meteorologist and been watching this weekend like a hawk since I'm doing the 10K. Get ready to sweat regardless!
Thank you for any insights you can provide.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but i can't remember. . . Is it really okay to bring my luggage to the expo? I'll be coming straight from the airport in a Lyft. I also figure I'll need to take a Lyft to my resort, since I'm assuming we can't bring luggage on the resort/expo busses.

Thanks in advance!

I did this for Princess. Took a redeye and grabbed a Lyft directly to the expo. I had one carry-on suitcase, and it wasn't too bad to deal with. I kept it in front of me on the crowded spots so as not to trip anyone.

I'm not sure if the buses allow them or not, but assuming you could drag it up the stairs and there was space on a seat next to you for it to go, I would think you could take it.

I did this for Princess. Took a redeye and grabbed a Lyft directly to the expo. I had one carry-on suitcase, and it wasn't too bad to deal with. I kept it in front of me on the crowded spots so as not to trip anyone.

I'm not sure if the buses allow them or not, but assuming you could drag it up the stairs and there was space on a seat next to you for it to go, I would think you could take it.
Thank you!

Hmmm...Interesting that my bib# is 80XX but had a proof of time much faster than others with bib#'s under 8000. Should I be worried about my start group or is the number system not all sequential? With a 10K POT of 42:53 I should be in the S1 start group.

I would go to runner relations at the expo after you pick up your bib - they might have had an issue verifying your POT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter