An Invasion of a "STRANGER" Kind.... NEW THREAD IS UP!! Go Thee NOW!

That is SO funny as I actually almost posted the same idea...but I was going to say "want to carpool?" but realized that made no sense. Flypool? Winkers and d.jay, you in?

We are going, Jeff just doesn't know it yet.

He does know I have something planned. Or more accurately he is assuming I do.

I love that man. You know what's funny, he's made such progress in the last year I could actually even tell him about it and while he'd shake his head, he'd be ok with it. I just realized that now.

If we could figure out a killer hike your DH and mine could just run away for a day and be manly while we do park things, but it is FL....

That said, I'm hopeful they will have met by then and Jeff can be pretty persuasive!

Tiaras are a must.

My pushups are pathetic, I have some serious wrist strength issues and no clue how to address it.

Mike's going to need serious amounts of persausion!! I need to go look and see if there's even a remote chance there would be a race 1/2 or 5K or anything that might sweeten the deal. I would guess not, but luck might be on my side. :confused3 Otherwise, it'll be a tough sell.

My wrists are bad too. Once in a while I use my wrists to get out of tub, and blow them out. They hurt for a couple weeks before getting back to normal.
I've learned not to comment while under the influence of loopy pills...so I'll just say Hi!

I feel so special!! :rotfl2:

That was 2xcited2sleep I think (Christine) that was looking for the perfect cheeseburger.

I had never really been interested in the Plaza until Jen really wanted to go there. I do admit that I've been toying with adding The Plaza for Marc & I in September. I'd really love to try the tuna croissant.

Exactly who it was! Christine!! Thank you. :worship:

I wasn't either, until I saw your reviews. :rotfl2: It's just sort of a no-namer, out-of-the-way place that is yet an undiscovered gem- at least I hope so. :rolleyes1

Before I reveal the amount of the super-secret stash, I wanted to give you a sneak preview of our vacation destination for the next couple of weeks. Well, actually, we'll only be:

HERE

for a week of our time away.

They've done a fabulous job on their website with really cool 360 degree virtual tour shots. My kids are stoked there is a pool.

When we're not at the Solemar, we will be watching our firstborn be launched into post highschool life. And driving. In fact, we'll be driving a lot! Crossing borders that we hope will be open, avoiding paying bribes to road police, pretending we're stupid and can't speak the native language (ok, maybe not so much pretending there), and listening to kids tell us they have to pee- again.

I'd like to start up the new thread before I go, for you all to have a playground while I'm gone. We'll see.. the next few days are pretty busy with getting ready to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, you asked for it...

The answer was exactly what Tinkgurl guessed:

$260 - (2) $100s and (3) $20s

GREAT JOB!!

And now for your shout out:

If you haven't visited TG's TR's here are the links for them. They are filled with really fun pictures and she writes so that you can really feel her excitement! She's going again in July, and her PTR link is below.

Tinkgurl's Current TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424255

Tinkgurl and xoktenox's PTR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2405702

Enjoy!

Well, I was only 13 $ off.... But that's a nice amount of cash!

Talking about $ - have you realized that the Euro has been falling really low yesterday. I think your Nuremberg trip has already been reduced in price by about 10% over the last two months now... Unfortunately that means, WDW has become 10% more expensive for me as well...

My pushups are pathetic, I have some serious wrist strength issues and no clue how to address it.

I am not a push up person either, but once was told to start doing them with my knees on the ground instead of the feet. Less weight and therefore easier to do correctly. :goodvibes

Just checked out your holiday destination, looks really nice! And was quite amused by the "Half-Luxe" rooms! Which half of the room is going to be luxuirous??? ;)

Also "vacate in comfort" is not really correct English, is it? Sounds like: leave your room in comfort... But still I am impressed that they have an English language website and I am sure German hotels write funny things in English, too.

Well, I was only 13 $ off.... But that's a nice amount of cash!

Talking about $ - have you realized that the Euro has been falling really low yesterday. I think your Nuremberg trip has already been reduced in price by about 10% over the last two months now... Unfortunately that means, WDW has become 10% more expensive for me as well...

I am not a push up person either, but once was told to start doing them with my knees on the ground instead of the feet. Less weight and therefore easier to do correctly. :goodvibes
You were VERY close!

Funny how I've accumulated that... whenever dollars came into the house, away they were stashed, knowing it dings me every time I have to change them out to local currency. Now added to the $260, I'll get $350 for the quilt, I have a tidy $610 for any OOP food, my mug, drinks, tips, and souvies. I think I'm set- in a nice way. $350 food, $100 drinks, $100 drinks (yes, that's edging up, especially when dessert martini are posted :rolleyes1) and the rest for everything else.

Yes, we did give a high five when we bought our train tix, knowing the Euro is in sorry shape right now. Now that $5 cup of coffee is only $4.50.:lmao:

I do enjoy using the Roman chair (I think it's called). Where you put your forearms on a padded bar and lift your legs up. Much easier on the wrists. :thumbsup2

Just checked out your holiday destination, looks really nice! And was quite amused by the "Half-Luxe" rooms! Which half of the room is going to be luxuirous??? ;)

Also "vacate in comfort" is not really correct English, is it? Sounds like: leave your room in comfort... But still I am impressed that they have an English language website and I am sure German hotels write funny things in English, too.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Everything will be luxurious, but the toilet- which may or may not work at all. :rotfl2:

I honestly didn't read all the propaganda, but should. On this trip, I want to take some funny pictures of menu items and descriptions. One funny one I saw was "mashrooms". :lmao:

When we're not at the Solemar, we will be watching our firstborn be launched into post highschool life...

We're launching Tricia into High School next fall.... she's becoming a true teenager. So much so that we often feel like just "launching" her... ;)

Kathy

Your vacation destination looks awesome. :thumbsup2

I wish you great fun!! :flower3:

Thanks, Sophia!! You never really know how ANY vacation will turn out here. One time, we went to a well known lake high up in the mountains, in this country, that was touted as a real destination.

First of all, you had to have 4-wheel drive to get there. We got there only to find a few ANCIENT cabins, completly ill-equipped to handle a family with small kids. Arriving around dinner time, I asked the resident caretaker where we could find some food. He looked at me with a completely blank stare, and kindly offered to "catch us some fish out of the lake".

Thank GOD, I had packed some packets of Chinese Ramen Noodles!!! We'd have starved! The hiking was lovely, but with only coookies to sustain us, we didn't stay long- so much for a vacation! :sad2:

Thanks, Sophia!! You never really know how ANY vacation will turn out here. One time, we went to a well known lake high up in the mountains, in this country, that was touted as a real destination.

First of all, you had to have 4-wheel drive to get there. We got there only to find a few ANCIENT cabins, completly ill-equipped to handle a family with small kids. Arriving around dinner time, I asked the resident caretaker where we could find some food. He looked at me with a completely blank stare, and kindly offered to "catch us some fish out of the lake".

Thank GOD, I had packed some packets of Chinese Ramen Noodles!!! We'd have starved! The hiking was lovely, but with only coookies to sustain us, we didn't stay long- so much for a vacation! :sad2:

Oh my! :scared1: I would have gone into a panic!!!

We're launching Tricia into High School next fall.... she's becoming a true teenager. So much so that we often feel like just "launching" her... ;)

Kathy

I did that three times over - one girl, two boys.
Mine were mild compared to most. Well two of them were mild. One was a bit less mild and more toward wild.

Rough times for the grown-ups, but....
on the other side of the launching years, it turns out pretty okay. ;)

All7OfUs, I wish you a wonderful vacation! Looks like a great place. :goodvibes

The final 100 Days From Now Installment brings us to the Grand Finale of the trip itself.

If you'll recall, our last day, a Monday, maroo will have already left the day before, and LeeAnn and I will be left to our own devices until 3:00.

Until then, we'll likely sleep in, pack up, then head over to get a leisurely breakfast at the Riverside Mill. After that, we'll take the Family Boatsters over to DTD and shop, and where we'll also eat at WGPE around 2:00, in time to head back to board the un-Magical Bus of Shame to MCO. I'm thinking we may want to pick up an extra sandwich at Earl's for the plane too. Oh yeah, and also a Goofy's treat, just because I'm sure by the end of 12 days, my diet won't have had quite enough damage done to it. :rolleyes1

I think we land around 11:00 PM, which gives me a nice long, long day to contemplate exactly how I"m going to convince DH to let me go back someday. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

All of you know that at 250 pages a thread is closed. Never, EVER in my wildest dreams did I EVER think that I'd fill 1 thread up, let alone 2!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: But here we are (I do say WE because without you, it ain't what it ain't!) at 241 pages!! Granted, it's been probably the longest thread (timewise) in the history of PTRing, but more than than, we've had more fun than a 7 year old with unlimited access to baking soda and vinegar!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this PTR the fun that it is.

I need your help!!

It's time to give the next THREAD a name!! I've got the text typed up for the first chapter, and it's ready to roll, except for links to Pts. 1 and 2, but first we need a clever title.

My only idea is:

A Stranger Kind of Imminent Invasion

or something along those lines...

Any thoughts??

Also, should I start it before I leave on vacation, so as to you give you guys a place to come and play, or wait?? It's up to you, Dear Peeps! Let me hear what you have to say.

The final 100 Days From Now Installment brings us to the Grand Finale of the trip itself.

Departure day is always sad... :sad1:

It's up to you, Dear Peeps! Let me hear what you have to say.

Difficult questions. I am afraid I am not all good at titles. And I wouldn't advise paying 5 $ to anyone for a title, glennbo knows the results of that... :rolleyes1 What about "Now Approaching: the "Stranger" Invasion"? I just loved that old TTA spiel...

I think it would be better to have the new thread in place before you leave. So we don't have to worry that we might post too much while you are away and then you couldn't post a link to the new one at the end of the old one...

Departure day is always sad... :sad1:

Difficult questions. I am afraid I am not all good at titles. And I wouldn't advise paying 5 $ to anyone for a title, glennbo knows the results of that... :rolleyes1 What about "Now Approaching: the "Stranger" Invasion"? I just loved that old TTA spiel...

I think it would be better to have the new thread in place before you leave. So we don't have to worry that we might post too much while you are away and then you couldn't post a link to the new one at the end of the old one...

Gosh darn, I really like that idea!! I need to sorta ask SleepingBooty (Rebecca) if she'd be offended that it was so close to hers though. Definitely wouldn't want to confuse any of her posters!

I totally hadn't thought of the possibility that it might get closed before I return not letting me link to the new one! Ouch, that would hurt!!

Ok, Up it will go on Monday AM!!!

By the way, I was looking at the brochures you sent earlier, and am sorta thinking walking from the train to Elch is a long way, is it not?? The station is in the extreme south, and isn't Elch like WAY up north by the castle?? On the other hand, we could hit the Lorenze Church along the way if it's on our path. :confused3

Should we taxi or bus it?? Either way, we completely trust you, and are looking forward to meeting up at the station when we arrive!:goodvibes

ok first let me say i personally adore your mickey and minnie books.
1. because i love type a obsessive types of things and
2. because i can show them to my dh , a disney hater, a laid back type b sort of guy who sees no need for plans or fast pass runners or touring plans of any sort and show him how laid back i truly am;) in comparison

that sol mar place looks nice and the water area looks like a lot of fun
i have no ideas for titles, its why i am not writing a pre trip for our august trip because i would have no readers. i am not a writer, i can craft, scrapbook , sew, entertain preschoolers for hours on end but i just can not write . my college professor told me so:lmao:

Your vacation looks like it's going to be very nice, I hope it is. :goodvibes

I have ZERO ideas about your thread title. But I do have 4 hours of class to get through before my final so I'll think on it. :laughing:

ok first let me say i personally adore your mickey and minnie books.
1. because i love type a obsessive types of things and
2. because i can show them to my dh , a disney hater, a laid back type b sort of guy who sees no need for plans or fast pass runners or touring plans of any sort and show him how laid back i truly am;) in comparison

that sol mar place looks nice and the water area looks like a lot of fun
i have no ideas for titles, its why i am not writing a pre trip for our august trip because i would have no readers. i am not a writer, i can craft, scrapbook , sew, entertain preschoolers for hours on end but i just can not write . my college professor told me so:lmao:

Isn't it funny how we all have our ways of convincing our non-Disneyfied significant others how much having a plan is worth it? I just showed mine the La Cava thread, and tried to tell him that without a plan he might not get in. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Our hubbys would be total boosom (how in the heck do you spell that!?!) buddies! Sit on your butt B personality, no plan whatsoever!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter