Cheap and Easy Casserole...

This is easy and you can make in in the morning, store in the fridge and cook when you get home.

4 chicken breast (cubed or whole)
2 cans cream of Chicken or mushroom(somethimes I will try one can of each)
salt/pepper to taste
1 box of stuffing mix
shredded cheese of your choice

Put chicken in a dish, dump soup on top. Cook 350 for 30 min. With 5 mins left, make stuffing mix on stove top according to directions. Put on top of casserole, spread cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted.

This is very good. You could add veggies if you want.

cheeseburger casserole. Brown 1 pound of hamburger, salt & pepper to taste and add chopped onion if desired. Drain and mix with 1 jar of spaghetti sauce and 8 ounces of cheddar cheese. Pour into a square baking dish and top with unrolled refrigerated crescent rolls. Bake 15-20 minutes.

Boil and drain any kind of noodles. Add a can of any kind of cream soup, and a can of tuna.

turkey pot pie soup camblells soup and ready made pie crust takes 3 min to assemble and 20 in the oven

Chicken rice bake:

Empty two boil-in bags of brown rice ito casserole dish. pour 1 can cream of whatever soup over it along with a can or so of water. Put uncooked chicken breast pieces over that. Cover and cook at 350 until chicken is done through. Good with frozen broccoli added in too.

Cook and shred chicken. Unroll a package of croisants. Stuff croisants with cooked chicken and cheese. Put stuffed croisants in the oven and top with 1 can of cream of chicken soup and a little water to thin it out. Bake for about an hour on 375.

brown 1lb. ground beef, drain. add 1tsp. of brownsugar and a can of tomatoe soup to the beef and mix together. Poor into the bottom of a cassarole. Top with a layer of cheese slices. I use velvetta pre-sliced ones. Boil a half bag of egg noodles and drain. Mix noodles with a can of cream of chicken soup and spread over the top of the beef mixture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350. This is my families favorite cassarole. It sounds strange, but is wonderfull on a cold night with cornbread muffins and a lettuce salad.

I've done the chicken pot pie type one before- I usually make it the day after we have had baked chicken- I pick the rest of the chicken off,combine with the soup and veggies in a baking pan and put biscuts (cheap little ones that come in a can) on top and bake.

This is great in the crock-pot too! I layer the chicken, soup, sliced swiss cheese, and top with a box of stuffing as is.

My fav easy comfort food is hot chicken salad. Cook chicken breasts, cut up & mix w/as much cooked rice as you want to make. Add 1-2 cans cream of chic or mushroom, can of water chestnuts, celery, scoop or two of mayo & couple splashes of milk, salt & pepper to taste. Bake until hot. Great hot or cold and can play around w/ the amount of ingredients as needed. Loved this as a new mom when I didn't want to eat anything spicy and we love it as comfort food now. Very simple, on the bland side but everyone that I've made it for seems to love it.

Hamburg Hushy-Gungy (don't ask about the name)
1 lb Hamburg, browned w/ onions, green peppers, celery (to taste)
Drain and stir in one can of Cream of Favorite soup (I use Cream of Chicken for everything). Simmer for 5 minutes (until soup is warmed thru).
Meanwhile - cook 1 lb of Egg Noodles
Drain Noodles and return to pan or serving bowl.
Stir in the hamburger/soup mixture.
Serve with a veggie or salad.

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Bake
Pour 2 cans of Cheese & Broccoli (or plain Cheese) soup into a large baking pan (like a 9x13 cake pan).
Stir in 1 1/2 cans of water and 2 cans of instant rice.
Mix together until the rice is well coated.
Place 4 uncooked, boneless chicken breasts on top of the rice.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the whole pan.
Bake for about an 45 minutes at 400 degrees (until the chicken is done).

While I am here, I have a recipe to share! Not a casserole, but an easy and inexpensive soup. I got it from Taste of Home a few years ago, but have modified it for myself.

Potato Soup

6 cups cubed peeled potatoes

5 cups water

2 cups chopped onion (I usually use 1 cup or less)

1/2 C chopped celery

1/2 C chopped or thinly sliced carrots

1/4 C butter or margarine (I have made it without either and it is still good)

4 tsp. Chicken bouillion granules or 4 bouillion cubes

2 tsp. salt (I usually don't add until I taste it... the bouillion is salty)

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 can evaporated milk (I have only ever used the fat free... tastes just fine)

3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I've never added it)

The recipe calls for this to be a crockpot recipe, but I have also made it on the stove.

Combine first nine ingredients in the slow cooker or stock pot on the stove. Cover and cook on high until veggies are tender (7 hours in the crockpot, approximately 20 - 30 minutes on the stove on medium high). Add milk and parsley, stir well, cook until heated through.

At this point I usually remove about 3-4 cups of the soup from the pot and puree it in my blender and then add it back. It makes the soup nice and creamy without added fat.

If you made this in the crockpot you would probably want to prep the vegetables the night before. If you leave the potatoes soaking in the fridge in a pot of water, they won't brown up.

Bon Appetit!.............P

Pizza tot cassarole
Brown 1 pound of ground beef or turkey. Mix with 2 cans of italian tomato soup ( or regular tomato with some added seasnoing) Put in a 9x13 pan. top with mozzarella cheese and a bag of frozen tater tots. Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes until browned. My kids love it.

Cheeseburger n' fries casserole
Brown ground beef 1-2 pounds. Mix with one can cheddar cheese soup and 1 can golden mushroom soup. Put in 9x13 pan and top with crinkle cut fries. bake at 400 for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Yummy.

We call this Thanksgiving casserole.
It is a combination of two recipes from Kraft Food and Family. This is the best magazine for easy recipes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb Velveeta
1 package Stove Top stuffing prepared as directed on package

Mix everything but the stuffing together in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Then put the stuffing evenly on the top. Baked for 30 minutes.

Here is one my little brother cooked for us the other night...

Box of Kraft Mac and Cheese (the kind with the sauce, not powdered)
1/2 Cup Cheese
1 Pound Hamburger or Sausage (or any other meat for that matter would work I would assume)
1 Jar/Can Spag Sauce 14oz.

Cook meat and drain. Meanwhile cook the Mac and Cheese and prepare as directed on the box.
Add the Spag Sauce to the meat. In a square pan layer the mac and the meat mixtures, when done top with the cheese. Then bake on 375 for 15 minutes or until cheese is browned.

You could also put this in the fridge after layering and heat it up that night, we did this as well, 375 for about 30-35 minutes, covered with foil.

Another one we like...

Canned Chilli topped with a box of cornbread mix, bake according to corn bread directions. Works well and it's yummy and super quick!

We tried this recipe my DSIL gave us last weekend, really good:

1-2 lbs chicken in bite size pieces
Cover that with mozzerella cheese slices
Cover that with a mixture of 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can of mushroom soup mixture (no water, just the soups)
Cover that with a mixture of one box of Stove Top Stuffing (we used chicken flavor) mixed with one stick butter

Cook at 350 for 45 minutes

It was SO good and very quick!

These are super easy and fast.

Chicken nugget casserole:

Layer casserole with chicken nuggets or chicken strips
Coat with grated parmesano
Cover with spaghetti sauce
Add shredded cheese ( I use a mix of mozzarella and fresh parmesan, but any cheese will do)

Bake for 25 - 30 mins. at 350.

Rotel Chicken

Boil chicken
In the mean time layer casserole with Chili con Carne Frito's or any crunchy chips
shred chicken, put on top of chips
dump 2 cans cream of chicken on chicken
Pour on a can of rotel, not drained
slice velveeta and put on top. I use lots of velveeta, love it cheesy

Bake for 20-25 mins at 350 or until the cheese is melted.

Both are sooo good.

I haven't read the whole thread, but here is a recipe for a great Potato Casserole.

Cheesy Potato Casserole

2 lbs frozen shredded potatoes
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese(I use sharp cheddar)
2 cans cream of soup(I've used chicken and onion)
Salt and pepper

Mix everything together in a large bowl. Empty into a 9x13 casserole and cook at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly. Usually take about 1 1/2 hours.

You can add veggies or maybe chicken or turkey. I tried adding hamburger once, but it was pretty greasy.

Marsha

Frito Pie

1 large or 2 small cans of chili
1 bag Fritos
1 pkg. shredded cheese

In casserole dish layer 1/2 of the chili, Fritos and cheese, then repeat layers. Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes.

thaks for all the great recipe ideas

These are some that my DH and I enjoy for the crockpot.

Southwest Chicken Stew (serves 2 w/ leftovers)
2 Chicken breasts, fozen
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn (not drained)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
Garlic Powder, Cumin, Chili Powder, Pepper (about 1/2 - 1 T of each)

-Put it all in the crockpot, cook on low 6-8 hours (or longer). Stir when you get home, the chicken will usually shred itself when you stir.
-I usually serve with a little cheese, and sour cream on top.
-Leftovers are good rolled in tortillas.

Swedish Meatballs (serves 2)
1 package frozen meatballs (any kind, I've used turkey ones)
1 can beef broth
garlic powder, dried onions, pepper (about 1 tsp each), dill (1 T each)

-Put all in crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours.

When you get home, add:
4 oz goat cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp dill

-Stir into crockpot and cook on high for about 20 minutes.
-I usually serve over egg noodles

Christina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter